Where is Andy Ristie??

nino

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Where is Andy Ristie? Is he still training or what is he doing?

the question everyone is asking since his last fight

there was talks about him fighting in china times ago

Some Chinese posted convos with him just a while ago again also. Wanted 30k to fight, would've been okay with 20k +10k KO bonus, I think. So seemingly willing to fight if someone just pays 2.5yrs gone Ristie what he wants.

I was watching a video of him on facebook yesterday, he was training at a gym in Amsterdam with a few pro fighters. It was posted on October 22 so maybe he will come back.

Would love to see a rematch between Ristie and Petrosyan.

ristie is a couple of months older than buakaw. i'd love to see them fight.

Some Chinese posted convos with him just a while ago again also. Wanted 30k to fight, would've been okay with 20k +10k KO bonus, I think. So seemingly willing to fight if someone just pays 2.5yrs gone Ristie what he wants.
If that's all Ristie wants, Bellakick or K-1 would be silly not to call in "the man who defeated Petrosyan" for a fight or two.

He kept causing trouble at Lucien Carbin's gym, kept threatening and trying to fight one of Carbin's assistant coaches, so Carbin kicked him out and refuses to take him back. Since then he's just been training with random padholders and isn't really getting top quality training or sparring from what I've heard.

Yes where is he ? Any news?

He hasn't fought since 2015. In December 2016 he said he was gonna make a come back in 2017 but it never happened.

He hasn't fought in nearly 4 years and is turning 37 in March. I doubt you'll see him fight again.

He hasn't fought since 2015. In December 2016 he said he was gonna make a come back in 2017 but it never happened.

He hasn't fought in nearly 4 years and is turning 37 in March. I doubt you'll see him fight again.
Yeah looks like his Kickboxing career is gone. Hes not young anymore and according to the post above, he was causing trouble somewhere. RIP Risties career was fun while it lasted tho.

He kept causing trouble at Lucien Carbin's gym, kept threatening and trying to fight one of Carbin's assistant coaches, so Carbin kicked him out and refuses to take him back. Since then he's just been training with random padholders and isn't really getting top quality training or sparring from what I've heard.

Wow. That's crazy

'
Holy fuck really? Damn son... Seemed like a nice guy.

I was also always wondering if there was ''andy'' news about him <Lmaoo>

Too bad he quit fighting. Although his cardio wasn't good he was a threat to anyone fighting him. Ristie vs Grigorian and Ristie vs Sittichai would have been good fights.

Ristie just signed with Kunlun and will return very soon.

any news?

If we could see what Kunlun events are coming up and the lineups that would help. They don't seem to have announced anything yet since their event in February, just like Glory.

Back