Where does Josh Barnett rank amongst the all time great heavyweights?

See my other comment. I'll give Nog his first two UFC fights as an "elite" period--even though Herring and Sylvia both almost finished him--but he still fell off the wagon pretty fast...at an age when many fighters were still in their prime.

Many people are out jogging into their 70s, while many are wheezing and limping down the street. No two lives are the same. Big Nog took some incredible damage throughout his career. He persevered and held up remarkably well for how many fights he'd already had.

Nog was an interim UFC champ with no title defenses....but so were Shane Carwin and many others.

IMO, the interim belt Nog won held a lot more credibility than the usual "Dana White's emergency interim belt to sell a ppv", given the circumstances they had with Couture.

For some reason, I feel as though this is a jon Jones goat thread;. If most people put Barnett 5-10 , or even 5-15, then Jon should be #1, since Barnett was caught multiple times....

I have Barnett at #8 - #12

I dunno if it was alcohol on the first viewing, but the Barnett vs. Arlovski is still my fave modern day Heavyweight MMA fight.

Barnett's fight with AA is an obscure good fight. He was losing only to comeback and submit AA

popped hot literally three times (or four?). his whole career is invalid.

Back