Where does DC stand now on the GOAT list

He has beating all HW he faced in the UFC and went down to LHW and also won vs everyone but JJ.
Now Jones was cought cheating... again.

Who do we have left in the mix to crown as GOAT?
GSP (rarely fought great strikers with good TDD), Anderson (cheated at least once), Fedor (luck was often on his side untill more recently), MM (ran away from TJ and low comp.), maybe Conor in 10 years, but for sure not a contender currently.
I think, ladies and gentleman, that DC deserves that spot! What is Sherdog view of DC's current place in the history of MMA??
Below the goat Jon Goat Jones

He is now officially 19-1 and really 19-2 record.

"Not long ago, I watched Justin Gatlin become the fastest man in the world at 35. Nobody believed that was possible for such an old guy. Nobody in the running community believes it is possible at that age without doping. Everyone, fans, professionals, journalists, trainers knows he is doping.

In MMA at least half the fans believe men at 37, 38 and even 40 can compete with 27 year olds at the highest level and never used peds. Why are MMA fans so naive?"

He has beating all HW he faced in the UFC and went down to LHW and also won vs everyone but JJ.

GSP (rarely fought great strikers with good TDD), Anderson (cheated at least once), Fedor (luck was often on his side untill more recently), MM (ran away from TJ and low comp.), maybe Conor in 10 years, but for sure not a contender currently.
I think, ladies and gentleman, that DC deserves that spot! What is Sherdog view of DC's current place in the history of MMA??
DC got prime Jon Jones so shook that he decided to use PEDs.

Edit: Oops thought this was a Jon Jones thread

I dunno, it's hard to place him with all the bull shit Jon has caused.

Last edited:
You still hanging on for dear life to them shriveled testicles, aren't you? Tell him to stop using PEDS so they don't shrink so that it will give you more to hold on to.

Sit your silly ass down and go play with your dog again, you good at that...

Sit your silly ass down and go play with your dog again, you good at that...
That jon jones "smiley face" you have on your sig takes on a whole new meaning, doesn't it? However, this does go against your fake "creed". You said you were a fight fan before any one fighter's fan... why the change of heart?

That jon jones "smiley face" you have on your sig takes on a whole new meaning, doesn't it? However, this does go against your fake "creed". You said you were a fight fan before any one fighter's fan... why the change of heart?

As I said go sit your silly ass down man I'm not in the mood for you following me around looking for attention.

As I said go sit your silly ass down man I'm not in the mood for you following me around looking for attention.
I feel bad for you and how you must feel right now but you had to know this wasn't going to end well for this guy, right? Bad things happen to bad people and this guy is a mess. Payne, you can't support a guy who comes out 'CLEAR HEADED' and says that his daughters are a curse and God is waiting until he matures to bless him with a boy, can you? You can't support a guy who is only glad a pregnant lady didn't lose her baby because HE would have been in a lot more trouble, can you? If you can and do still support this guy who is now a PROVEN cheater and a sorry excuse for human being, then that says more about you than you would like people to know. Pride hurts but sometimes you've got to let it go, man.

He is great and one of my 2 favorite male fighters but I don't know that his resume is GOAT caliber.

Barnett (great fighter, top 5 at the time but probably not the very best)
Bigfoot (great fighter at the time, maybe borderline top 5 not the best)
Rumble (3rd best LHW at the time after DC and Jones)
Gus (maybe 4th best LHW at the time after DC, Jones and Rumble, kind of iffy due to Ill Phil Davis)
Mir, Hendo, Anderson, Nelson, Monson good wins but NOT top 5 in those divisions at the time (Hendo was ranked top 5 but probably not in reality)

So he has beaten 4 guys who were really "great" at the time, doesn't match up to the likes of Anderson or GSP.
Good points!

the same as he was before Jones popped hot.

Off the top of my head, I'd have him maybe in the 10-15 range on the GOAT list.

Nowhere near the GOAT. Ducked the best at HW to boil down to LHW because he thought he could beat Jones with his over rated wrestling. Went to the death with Gus (could have gone either way) and beat Rumble who's a quitter with no heart. Both good wins but because LHW is so weak they look better than they actually are.
I though he ducked the best at HW out of respect for Cain?

Not just that - he can't take credit for beating a bunch of roiders at HW in Mir, Barnett and Bigfoot then magically erase the fact that he just got KTFO'd against a good roider at LHW.
You think you are being logic? Wins over roiders counts, lost doesn't and I will not even try to explain why. I am sure others will...

He is great and one of my 2 favorite male fighters but I don't know that his resume is GOAT caliber.

Barnett (great fighter, top 5 at the time but probably not the very best)
Bigfoot (great fighter at the time, maybe borderline top 5 not the best)
Rumble (3rd best LHW at the time after DC and Jones)
Gus (maybe 4th best LHW at the time after DC, Jones and Rumble, kind of iffy due to Ill Phil Davis)
Mir, Hendo, Anderson, Nelson, Monson good wins but NOT top 5 in those divisions at the time (Hendo was ranked top 5 but probably not in reality)

So he has beaten 4 guys who were really "great" at the time, doesn't match up to the likes of Anderson or GSP.
I'd put him in the top 15 at HW (only because, as you point out, he never reached his full potential there), and easy top 5 at LHW, (good argument for#1 at LHW)

Not just that - he can't take credit for beating a bunch of roiders at HW in Mir, Barnett and Bigfoot then magically erase the fact that he just got KTFO'd against a good roider at LHW.
Jon Jones is a great fighter but not a good roider

I realise that my interpretation of GOAT is wrong. I should have said "best fighter ever" for his weigh/reach. The fighter in his prime that would be favorite against any fighters in the history of MMA. I did not meant GOAT in the sense of greatest achiever. Of course, GSP, Anderson and Fedor achieved much more given their longer carrier and the age at which they started fighting!
I will edit my question to clarify this.

I'd put him in the top 15 at HW (only because, as you point out, he never reached his full potential there), and easy top 5 at LHW, (good argument for#1 at LHW)
In terms of skill I wouldn't argue against him being #1 LHW (if you disqualify Jones of course), but in terms of resume I think Shogun has him beat, Rumble, Gus and an aged Hendo don't outweigh Rampage, Arona, Lil Nog, Overeem, Machida, Chuck, and Forrest (plus Randleman and Coleman) many of them in prime. Plus he's the shogun of our (weeaboo) hearts.

He beat everyone he's ever faced in MMA except he number one greatest of all time while competing at the highest level so he's basically the number two pound for pound best guy.

BTW, by GOAT I meant Greatest fighter of all time for his size/reach. Like the guy who would always be favorite against any clean version of any fighter. I did not meant the fighter that achieved the most. Then it would have to go to GSP, Anderson or Fedor.
DC has not done enough. He need to become either a two div champ or earn 3 more title defenses to be the goat. Hasn't fought enough diverse competition at 205.

He beat everyone he's ever faced in MMA except he number one greatest of all time while competing at the highest level so he's basically the number two pound for pound best guy.
Not a two div champ. Not enough title defenses. His 205 resume pales in comparison to many others who had the title. His wins at HW are mostly against guys who were way past their prime. There are plenty of reasons why he is not in GOAT talks. He is the best at 205 currently. But that division is lacking after roidman Jones cleared it out.

Those are all guys that appeared to no longer be juiced when they fought DC or they were far past their primes. And Bigfoot is honestly a terrible fighter lol.

Back