Where does DC stand now on the GOAT list

X is GOAT
Y is GOAT

Who will be GOAT tomorrow?

Tune in and find out on the next episode of..

Sherbruhs: The Ultimate Search for the SherGOAT.

$
Federer?

<TheWire1>

To me that isn't the main thing, if he had consistently fought the best in UFC and beaten guys like Reem, Werdum or JDS at HW and/or more top guys like Glover and Ill Phil Davis at LHW he would have a better claim for GOAT, but he has a lot of wins that are "good" but fall short of "great".

Not just that - he can't take credit for beating a bunch of roiders at HW in Mir, Barnett and Bigfoot then magically erase the fact that he just got KTFO'd against a good roider at LHW.

DC isn't even top 5 LHW

Pat Cummings
Dan Henderson
Rumble X2
Gus

Just hasn't put in the time, sorry

Yeah, even without Jones, DC hasnt beaten anybody really. He doesn't have the resume of Shogun, Wandy, Chuck, Rampage. If you want to disqualify Jones then lhw goat is a serious question now. Arguments could be made for any of those 4. All over Cormier. Tito may even be over him.

What is Sherdog view of DC's current place in the history of MMA??

If he would have stayed at HW I believe he possibly could have won the title however I doubt he would have kept it for long.

At LHW he has hardly fought many fighters to be considered GOAT, let's wait and see him fight a few more times in that class.

When he finishes his career he will probably be top 10 for greatest ever fighters though unless he rattles off a number of title defences I have GSP, Fedor, Silva, MM and a few others ahead

Yeah, even without Jones, DC hasnt beaten anybody really. He doesn't have the resume of Shogun, Wandy, Chuck, Rampage. If you want to disqualify Jones then lhw goat is a serious question now. Arguments could be made for any of those 4. All over Cormier. Tito may even be over him.

The only argument for LHW GOAT was Jones or Shogun. Now we pretty much know Jones is a career roider that only leaves Shogun. Chuck, Wandy and Cormier are nowhere near him.

In terms of LHW?

He stands right on top of Boner's forehead.

All time GOAT?

Long way to go.

Fedor didn't "have luck until recently". You don't get lucky for 10 years.

The only argument for LHW GOAT was Jones or Shogun. Now we pretty much know Jones is a career roider that only leaves Shogun. Chuck, Wandy and Cormier are nowhere near him.

Chuck, Rampage and Wandy are at least in the ballpark of Shogun. There is no clear top guy there. You are saying Shogun is on another level and that is nonsense. Little Nog gave him hell in his prime.

DC's "overall" resume is better than his LHW resume, since I would consider Barnett and Bigfoot to be in his top 4 wins.

DC's "overall" resume is better than his LHW resume, since I would consider Barnett and Bigfoot to be in his top 4 wins.

True.

Even though I say DC isnt lhw goat, I believe he could beat any lhw that ever lived. So, in a truer sense, he is a much better lhw than Shogun, Wandy, etc. because he would kill them. He just doesn't have the ornamentation.

"The height of cultivation runs to simplicity. Half-way cultivation runs to ornamentation." Bruce Lee

Chuck, Rampage and Wandy are at least in the ballpark of Shogun. There is no clear top guy there. You are saying Shogun is on another level and that is nonsense. Little Nog gave him hell in his prime.

Wand and Chuck beat mostly cans in their time and Rampage got bashed by Shogun as did Chuck.If anything, Dan Henderson has a better shout than those 2.

You don't get GOAT status by default DC's run @HW was pretty bland his run @LHW was only truly highlighted by Jones, Rumbles lack of fight IQ and grind chromosome minimizes those victories DC as been rather basic in my books good fighter, but no GOAT he's done noting special that I can remember but lose to Jon 2X

I didn't know beating Gus and Rumble made you goat. He'll need a few more wins but when he does that he'll actually one of the overall goats. I look at it as if DC is undefeated which is really amazing. He just got in it too late and all the crap Jones has done has taken away years of DC's career because he could have been fighting fights that actually mattered. For now we'll just have to wait and see.

Unfortunately for DC and the fans, there will forever be a question that is left unanswered. He was undefeated at heavyweight and the only guy to beat him at LHW was juicy jones. At minimum he has to be considered among the greatest MMA competitors of all time. His legacy as a competitor will largely be shadowed by the misadventures of Jones. All that said, the controversies have drawn more attention to DC. While he's not an uninteresting guy and I'm sure he'd prefer fame on different terms, DC probably would not have garnered as much attention if it wasn't for Jones and all of his nonsense. I guess in a way Jones helped him get into the limelight.

Not yet. Has the skills to be one of the greatest. But time isn't on his side.

He's great,the second best of his generation.

next time, try making a post that builds your argument without trying to tear down other fighters.

Just make a fact based post. Once you do that you'll realize that DC's accomplishments fall far short of GOAT status.

This.

Shitty editorial and opinions just weaken the csase.

Stay Puft isn't even top 3 GOAT.

You don't get GOAT status by default DC's run @HW was pretty bland his run @LHW was only truly highlighted by Jones, Rumbles lack of fight IQ and grind chromosome minimizes those victories DC as been rather basic in my books good fighter, but no GOAT he's done noting special that I can remember but lose to Jon 2X
You still hanging on for dear life to them shriveled testicles, aren't you? Tell him to stop using PEDS so they don't shrink so that it will give you more to hold on to.

Back