Where does DC stand now on the GOAT list

Migdagen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
He has beating all HW he faced in the UFC and went down to LHW and also won vs everyone but JJ.
Now Jones was cought cheating... again.

Who do we have left in the mix to crown as GOAT?
GSP (rarely fought great strikers with good TDD), Anderson (cheated at least once), Fedor (luck was often on his side untill more recently), MM (ran away from TJ and low comp.), maybe Conor in 10 years, but for sure not a contender currently.
I think, ladies and gentleman, that DC deserves that spot! What is Sherdog view of DC's current place in the history of MMA??

BTW, by GOAT I meant Greatest fighter of all time for his size/reach. Like the guy who would always be favorite against any clean version of any fighter. I did not meant the fighter that achieved the most. Then it would have to go to GSP, Anderson or Fedor.

Last edited:
Only guy to beat him is a pathological cheating, juiced up fraud.

DC is now the LHW GOAT.

$

He has beating all HW he faced in the UFC and went down to LHW and also won vs everyone but JJ.
Now Jones was cought cheating... again.

Who do we have left in the mix to crown as GOAT?
GSP (rarely fought great strikers with good TDD), Anderson (cheated at least once), Fedor (luck was often on his side untill more recently), MM (ran away from TJ and low comp.), maybe Conor in 10 years, but for sure not a contender currently.
I think, ladies and gentleman, that DC deserves that spot! What is Sherdog view of DC's current place in the history of MMA??

<{cruzshake}>

He is great and one of my 2 favorite male fighters but I don't know that his resume is GOAT caliber.

Barnett (great fighter, top 5 at the time but probably not the very best)
Bigfoot (great fighter at the time, maybe borderline top 5 not the best)
Rumble (3rd best LHW at the time after DC and Jones)
Gus (maybe 4th best LHW at the time after DC, Jones and Rumble, kind of iffy due to Ill Phil Davis)
Mir, Hendo, Anderson, Nelson, Monson good wins but NOT top 5 in those divisions at the time (Hendo was ranked top 5 but probably not in reality)

So he has beaten 4 guys who were really "great" at the time, doesn't match up to the likes of Anderson or GSP.

Please explain your LOL... oh forget it. I just saw your biased avatar

next time, try making a post that builds your argument without trying to tear down other fighters.

Just make a fact based post. Once you do that you'll realize that DC's accomplishments fall far short of GOAT status.

It's really a shame- Daniels whole situation. At a late start, runs through SFORCE like a hot knife through butter.Out of respect to Cain , makes the drop to 205 where he wins title and only black marks are against a guy named Jon Jones and now we don't know what was in his system for both his fights ....... and the first fight was actually competitive .
If there ever was the proverbial " clusterfuck"-----here it is.Daniel not being " the classic" striker doesn't help things cause MMA fans are thankless and unforgiving.

Whatever comes of this- Daniel,no doubt, will deserve better

Nowhere near the GOAT. Ducked the best at HW to boil down to LHW because he thought he could beat Jones with his over rated wrestling. Went to the death with Gus (could have gone either way) and beat Rumble who's a quitter with no heart. Both good wins but because LHW is so weak they look better than they actually are.

Hes right up there. Got him behind Fedor but not many others

GOAT lhw
I like Jon, but he is a chronic cheater. We don't know if Jones would beat DC without roids.

He is great and one of my 2 favorite male fighters but I don't know that his resume is GOAT caliber.

Barnett (great fighter, top 5 at the time but probably not the very best)
Bigfoot (great fighter at the time, maybe borderline top 5 not the best)
Rumble (3rd best LHW at the time after DC and Jones)
Gus (maybe 4th best LHW at the time after DC, Jones and Rumble, kind of iffy due to Ill Phil Davis)
Mir, Hendo, Anderson, Nelson, Monson good wins but NOT top 5 in those divisions at the time (Hendo was ranked top 5 but probably not in reality)

So he has beaten 4 guys who were really "great" at the time, doesn't match up to the likes of Anderson or GSP.

This matches my feelings tbh. Got some decent wins but in the 2 weakest divisions there have been in the UFC for quite some time. Didn't beat anyone elite at HW and boiled down to LHW as he thought Jones was easy pickings.

This matches my feelings tbh. Got some decent wins but in the 2 weakest divisions there have been in the UFC for quite some time. Didn't beat anyone elite at HW and boiled down to LHW as he thought Jones was easy pickings.
To me that isn't the main thing, if he had consistently fought the best in UFC and beaten guys like Reem, Werdum or JDS at HW and/or more top guys like Glover and Ill Phil Davis at LHW he would have a better claim for GOAT, but he has a lot of wins that are "good" but fall short of "great".

DC stands behind JBJ, and holds his jacket if he is told to.

Consecutive title defenses > other considerations.

This is because consistency - remaining at the top for an extended period while facing top contender after top contender after top contender - is by far the most difficult achievement in combat sports.

Having said that, taking a lot of wins in more than one division is nothing to sneeze at. Demetrious, for example, isn't just undefeated in his own division, he has FOURTEEN wins at a heavier weight class. DC doesn't have close to as many consecutive defenses as DJ, but he does have plenty of wins across two divisions.

DC isn't even top 5 LHW

Pat Cummings
Dan Henderson
Rumble X2
Gus

Just hasn't put in the time, sorry

Back