Where does Conor rank all time as a striker/Ko artist in MMA?

Who knows he struggled with Nate so good but not great?

Yes if you do it your way I'm wrong but I see it differently.

(TO ME) A KO artist is a fighter with the best percentage of KO's to wins, this shows he isn't just trying to win but to finish. This also takes into account a lot of fighters hunting for the KO get finished(or decision'd) as they have a tendency to leave themselves open and get hit or taken down. You could probably even find a way to factor in their losses and work out the KO/TKO losses along with the wins.
Your way doesn't take this into account and the longer a person fights the more negatively skewed to percentages esp. for a true KO artist. Than you'll get a guy with 5 fights 5 KO's the supreme champion.

You're just omitting fights where they couldn't win by TKO or KO, to make certain people look better than they actually are. A KO artist is also a fighter with the best percentage of KO's to fights because you know, those fights count too. Taking into account fighters that headhunt is a choice you made, that really is nothing more than an excuse for a loss.

Your way doesn't take into account fights that actually happened where said fighter didn't win by KO/TKO because they didn't have the ability to pull it off. That needs to count against them negatively. Your part about getting a guy with 5 fights with 5 KOs being the supreme champion doesn't even make sense. Your logic will show the same thing. Mike Perry has 9 wins and all 9 are by TKO so that would make the supreme champion of KO'ing, neglecting that he has another fight in there where he couldn't KO or TKO the guy, in Jouban. For that, you just shouldn't include fighters with under 20 fights.

You're just omitting fights where they couldn't win by TKO or KO, to make certain people look better than they actually are. A KO artist is also a fighter with the best percentage of KO's to fights because you know, those fights count too. Taking into account fighters that headhunt is a choice you made, that really is nothing more than an excuse for a loss.

Your way doesn't take into account fights that actually happened where said fighter didn't win by KO/TKO because they didn't have the ability to pull it off. That needs to count against them negatively. Your part about getting a guy with 5 fights with 5 KOs being the supreme champion doesn't even make sense. Your logic will show the same thing. Mike Perry has 9 wins and all 9 are by TKO so that would make the supreme champion of KO'ing, neglecting that he has another fight in there where he couldn't KO or TKO the guy, in Jouban. For that, you just shouldn't include fighters with under 20 fights.

Well that just tells me I should have checked Mike Perry(who is he again) Thanks you're correct Mike Perry is the best KO/TKO artist at the moment that I know of. The TS didn't say more than 20 or 10 and I didn't care I j checked the main fighters I liked and thought of as KO artists

TBH I had no preference at all, couldn't care less one way or the other. It was only when a few checks of people I thought would be up there and weren't is when I dug a little. I see it differently, I watch fights for the excitement so for me I would rather an exciting win/loss than a boring win/loss. I think my way gives a better indication of which fighters/fights will be exciting.

If they have ability it will show in the stats as I said, the % of KO/Tko's were taken over all wins(KO/Sub/dec) Straight up if you have KO ability or are a KO artist it shows in the win percentage. As I said this is how I see it, you do it how you want. I couldn't care less who won, people I wanted or thought would win didn't come close. Saying I fudged the results to improve fighter I wanted is crap.
To put it in perspective the problem with my way is it doesn't allow you to reaffirm your own pre existing belief. I understand why you work it that way but don't agree with it as your way is altered by the negative side of being a KO artist, a KO artist wins by KO's not decisions

This.

Don't get the promotion/hype mixed up with his record, guys.

He has a long road to travel to get in the A group.

He has the skills to do it doe
It's even more impressive when you say he hasn't even reached his prime. He has already beat Aldo, mendes, holloway, nate and alvarez ffs. The guy is full of himself and i'm not a fan, but you have to admit that he is already one of the greatest to ever do It. His trashtalk and persona actually makes fans (like me) to underrate him.

around the number 434

Well that just tells me I should have checked Mike Perry(who is he again) Thanks you're correct Mike Perry is the best KO/TKO artist at the moment that I know of. The TS didn't say more than 20 or 10 and I didn't care I j checked the main fighters I liked and thought of as KO artists

TBH I had no preference at all, couldn't care less one way or the other. It was only when a few checks of people I thought would be up there and weren't is when I dug a little. I see it differently, I watch fights for the excitement so for me I would rather an exciting win/loss than a boring win/loss. I think my way gives a better indication of which fighters/fights will be exciting.

If they have ability it will show in the stats as I said, the % of KO/Tko's were taken over all wins(KO/Sub/dec) Straight up if you have KO ability or are a KO artist it shows in the win percentage. As I said this is how I see it, you do it how you want. I couldn't care less who won, people I wanted or thought would win didn't come close. Saying I fudged the results to improve fighter I wanted is crap.
To put it in perspective the problem with my way is it doesn't allow you to reaffirm your own pre existing belief. I understand why you work it that way but don't agree with it as your way is altered by the negative side of being a KO artist, a KO artist wins by KO's not decisions

My way is just the actual way to gauge how good someone is at knocking people out because you know, all fights should count, if you want a real number.

My way has nothing to do with being a deterrent to ko artists. That is just something you are making up.

The better the competition will impact your ability to KO people and Conor also fights better fighters than guys Iike Manhoef does.

It's even more impressive when you say he hasn't even reached his prime. He has already beat Aldo, mendes, holloway, nate and alvarez ffs. The guy is full of himself and i'm not a fan, but you have to admit that he is already one of the greatest to ever do It. His trashtalk and persona actually makes fans (like me) to underrate him.
Title defenses matter to me.

He has none.

Would be interesting to see those KO/TKO stats when all their fights are included, not just the wins.

That would probably show a clearer picture of mma striking prowess, coz if you lose half you fights but all your wins are ko's it isn't the best representation of how good your mma striking is, or you wouldn't be losing so many fights.
Dovetailing into that point, I'd highlight that Conor has recently been KO'ing some of the best talent around: Poirier, Mendes, Aldo and Alvarez were all at the top or near it in their divisions. Manhoef's thrilling when he's on, powerful and dynamic, but he was hardly facing the best of the breed most of the time.

Top 5 imo, the Aldo knockout and Eddie demolition were beautiful.

Probably 30-40

He needs to defend his belt against the real best not go 1-1 with Diaz lol

This is an insult to

Chuck
Rumble
Silva
Jds
Edson
Belfort
Arlovski
Cro cop

How do u even put him in the top 5 lol

I know I'm missing some killers too

Top 5 lol
It's not an insult to Chuck, who had a similar KO rate against some similar opposition, but never faced and KO'd a HW champ.

It's not an insult to Rumble. Actually I'd think Rumble in comparable as a KO artist, but Conor is clearly a superior striker.

Silva is one of the very, very best. I think he's #1. Diverse, precise, powerful and above all, super consistent. And he did it at MW and LHW which is extra impressive. He's only faded because let's face it, in MMA terms he's ancient. There's no shame in declining at his age - it's remarkable he was so effective for so long.

It's not an insult to JDS. A ridiculously powerful HW? No way! JDS is a decent boxer, powerful and durable. But he isn't better than Conor as a steiker overall.

It's definitely not an insult to Edson, who has beautiful kicking technique and improving boxing, but not always the nous to capitalise and lacks finishing wins against high level competition. He does have the prettiest spinning kick KO ever though. Amazing stuff.

It's not an insult to Belfort - much as I like him - who needed to be marinated in concentrated T to get the best results. Belfort has fast hands and an amazing blitz, plus some really nice top wins. But not much consistency and a love of 'supplements from heaven'.

It's definitely not an insult to Arlovski, who had some one the nicest boxing at HW (I think Stipe is better) and a good finish rate, but lost plenty.

Cro Cop is an interesting one. A great striker, but not always so in MMA. In the UFC particularly he was quite tentative and didn't look like a killer at all, and was finished by some pretty ordinary strikers. A great KO artist and certainly looks good if you count his PRIDE career as well, but across his career as a whole, not consistent. Conor better overall, beating better competition and stopping them consistently.

My way is just the actual way to gauge how good someone is at knocking people out because you know, all fights should count, if you want a real number.

My way has nothing to do with being a deterrent to ko artists. That is just something you are making up.

The better the competition will impact your ability to KO people and Conor also fights better fighters than guys Iike Manhoef does.

"my way" and "the actual way" plus "and Conner also" OKkkk

Congratulations you are my first real experience of a slack jawed raving ego centric nut sack huger.

Up until now I never really understood how much they can annoy a person as I never used to post. Now I get how the cycle stays the same even if the details change.

This is easily fixed for both of us.... We disagree. You can go back to your world in which there is only 1 right way to see things and I'll continue on my way.

My last question would be are you a fundlementalist in regards to religion (this includes Hawkins\no religion )

Cro Cop is an interesting one. A great striker, but not always so in MMA. In the UFC particularly he was quite tentative and didn't look like a killer at all, and was finished by some pretty ordinary strikers. A great KO artist and certainly looks good if you count his PRIDE career as well, but across his career as a whole, not consistent. Conor better overall, beating better competition and stopping them consistently.

Lets see how Conor is performing years past his best, probably not at all I suspect although even a declining Crocop had his share of finishes.

Conors fought one opponent slightly larger than him and failed to finish him twice, getting finished once and eeeking out a questionable decision in the rematch during his prime years.

In his own size range I think the best KO artist is actually Gomi.

"my way" and "the actual way" plus "and Conner also" OKkkk

Congratulations you are my first real experience of a slack jawed raving ego centric nut sack huger.

Up until now I never really understood how much they can annoy a person as I never used to post. Now I get how the cycle stays the same even if the details change.

This is easily fixed for both of us.... We disagree. You can go back to your world in which there is only 1 right way to see things and I'll continue on my way.

My last question would be are you a fundlementalist in regards to religion (this includes Hawkins\no religion )
Lol you must be a treat to talk to when ppl disagree with you. I am now fairly certain you are legitimely a crazy person.

Bye now.

Conor has never had an equal in the stand-up,

giphy.gif

Lets see how Conor is performing years past his best, probably not at all I suspect although even a declining Crocop had his share of finishes.

Conors fought one opponent slightly larger than him and failed to finish him twice, getting finished once and eeeking out a questionable decision in the rematch during his prime years.

In his own size range I think the best KO artist is actually Gomi.
A fair point but I doubt we see it. Cro Cop seems to like fighting. I suspect Conor will make his money and disappear.

"DAE CONOR GOAT #1?!?!?"

Good morning, Sherdog. Business as usual.

Back