Where do I go to learn to fight like Wonderboy ?

Thanks. But that's the thing man, I DO HAVE Wonderboy's body type (6'2, lean, long legs), trained Karate, TKD and Hapkido, but am searching for a place to put it all together. Most kickboxing gyms in my country(even ones under WAKO) are the standard "stand and bang" "jab-cross-low kick" type. There are none with the finesse of WB. I guess an MMA gym it is.

Imo Wonderboy is a one in a million talent in how he incorporates his movement into fighting mma. Thats why we aknowledge him as special. I am not so sure its even recommendable to try to fight like him. Imo if MMA is your thing why not just go to a mma school were you trust the coach and he will shape you into a fighting style thats working for you. If you like you can do some Karate on the side but like I wrote very very few are able to translate that into mma and most karate schools dont train like that.

I dont get the "body type" importance. So what there are gazillion lean 6.2 guys out there but very very few who could fight close to his style.

Imo Wonderboy is a one in a million talent in how he incorporates his movement into fighting mma. Thats why we aknowledge him as special. I am not so sure its even recommendable to try to fight like him. Imo if MMA is your thing why not just go to a mma school were you trust the coach and he will shape you into a fighting style thats working for you. If you like you can do some Karate on the side but like I wrote very very few are able to translate that into mma and most karate schools dont train like that.

I dont get the "body type" importance. So what there are gazillion lean 6.2 guys out there but very very few who could fight close to his style.

Yep, I completely agree. Thing is, ImI in my late teens, and been doing Karate and TKD since 5 years old. Took a break several years ago. I just love his style, it's just so different, creative and intellectual. I might sound crazy, but to me it is pure art lol. No doubt he is a 1 in 10000 fighter, but what one.man can do, another can, at least.to a similar extent

Back