Where can I watch K-1 Zagreb? (and K-1 WGP 2013 DISCUSSION THREAD)

What can I take from tonight?

Mirko won the K-1 WGP title in name. Now, was it against the top dogs? Hell, no. That one was at Saitama on last NYE. No one should fool anybody saying Mirko is again a top kickboxer or something like that. What he did tonight was impressive for his age, but if he was at the Glory Grand Slam (the K-1 WGP in spirit), he would have been mauled badly.

That said, I was impressed with Londt. He's exciting and his fight vs. Gerges was amazing. Hopefully he gets the call and leaves to Glory. The Ukrainian guy should be given a chance too.

Badr should be on his way back to jail as we speak.

Samedov stache was manly as fuck. If Badr indeed broke his foot, maybe the stache wasn't the only manly feature of him.

Mirko should set up a double retirement fight vs. Aerts.

The TV production was awful. Yeah, Fuji TV and TBS set high standards for anyone in combat sports, including UFC. But the cameras were terrible and the sound was atrocious. Michael Buffer is still the man, though.

I was not impressed with Badr Hari, not really surprised though. Those two punches he landed after he delivered that kick to the balls was totally uncalled for and he should have been deducted.

God...Now we get to have a influx of mma tards in this sub section for the next few weeks just cause Mirko won a rigged tournament against cans...Just wonderful

To bad Schaub didn't pop out of the audience and KO Cro Cop as he was walking back to his locker room after his first fight robbery.

Zhuravlev and Londt are pretty goodm quality fighters, they are in no way cans.

What can I take from tonight?

Mirko won the K-1 WGP title in name. Now, was it against the top dogs? Hell, no. That one was at Saitama on last NYE. No one should fool anybody saying Mirko is again a top kickboxer or something like that. What he did tonight was impressive for his age, but if he was at the Glory Grand Slam (the K-1 WGP in spirit), he would have been mauled badly.

That said, I was impressed with Londt. He's exciting and his fight vs. Gerges was amazing. Hopefully he gets the call and leaves to Glory. The Ukrainian guy should be given a chance too.

Badr should be on his way back to jail as we speak.

Samedov stache was manly as fuck. If Badr indeed broke his foot, maybe the stache wasn't the only manly feature of him.

Mirko should set up a double retirement fight vs. Aerts.

The TV production was awful. Yeah, Fuji TV and TBS set high standards for anyone in combat sports, including UFC. But the cameras were terrible and the sound was atrocious. Michael Buffer is still the man, though.

Are you a girl? Samedov looks manly with mustache? I think he looks evil.

The tournament made me sad: it's not even near the old K-1 competitions. Not to mention the decisions and the "political" issues. Why did Hari retire? How could he break a foot if he was jumping and running around at the end of the third round? Did Samedov hit him in the locker room?

Samedov looked jaded, I think he could also not go any further. Was he ill? At the official weigh he was packed up as an eskimo.

Yea where did Badr get the injury?? I don't see it in the video??

I definitely remember seeing Masato get injured in his 2nd fight against Zambo and I remember him moving around weirdly for that whole fight and not using his legs but Hari didn't seem hurt at any point....Weird

He's just butthurt, he's been wanting CC to get KO'd ever since he came back to kickboxing.

Yep...mainly so we don't have to have the 50000000 Cro Cop threads clutter up this section...Not to mention the "see K1 is a joke" threads from MMA fans.

I've never been a Cro Cop fan and probably never will be but a win over Londt is a good win...Haven't watched the fight but congrats to Mirko for the win....Nice way to end his career.

Only guy from Pride that I've ever liked is Mark Hunt and Anderson (if you originally count him as a pride guy)....Never liked Fedor/Mirko/Shogun/Wand etc.

He did t lose first one ,what kind of crap is that?
It was bad fight ,but Miller was no better and Cro Cop tactics were to get easy on first fight and stay as fresh as possible ,he even said that in his interview before k1 finals !
Haters will hate
He is 40 years old for fuck sakes and had 3 fights in one night and still hate

There is no possible way Cro Cop won his first fight. He was completely dominated in the final two rounds. He did nothing but get clinched and kneed. There is not a single person arguing this nearly undeniable fact. He got a gift. Admitting it would be better for everybody involved.

That event was something in between UFC 158 and the rassling PPV I watched with my kid yesterday.

now come down haters and (re)watch :icon_chee the first CC-fight. It was a close win for Mirko. But you could have given the 4th round.

CC had the better shots, Jarells clinch was illegal for the half of the time. And there is one more thing in kickboxing: Blocked shots are worth nothing, and Mirko blocked the most shots, besides some knees (some of them illegal). So yeah, Mirko earned this UD.

I'm sure, 90% of the people, who say it was a robbery, haven't seen this fight. lol

Haters gona hate, but old Cop has beaten 3 young lions in one night. Give him respect bitches!!!

Some people are just too stupid to realise how stupid they are and how childish they look, for the record I am pleased for Mirko I feel sorry for him though as he will know in his heart he was gifted that first decision.

O happy day ! O happy day !!
I have been away from this forum for quite a while, but this yesterdays event made me return here at least for one last time.

Yes he is older.
Yes he is on decline from 2006th.
Yes he is slower and he is not so attractive as in late 90s and beggining of 2000th.
Yes maybe the K1 competition isn't as fierced as in 90s/ early 2000.
Yes he has become one-dimensional fighter.
Yes, even I didn't believe he could win after watching the first fight.
But somehow he found a strength and will to improve in next fights, even he was fighting younger, quicker and heavier opponents and HE DID IT !!!

Congrats Mirko and thank you for 20 years of pride and tears !!!
Finnaly hope now its time for well deserved retirement our hearts are not strong enough to suffer any more.....

And for all you keyboard warriors, please try to fight at least one round in any combat sport and then you will respect every fighter that has stepped in the ring even once in the lifetime.

I have been away from this forum for quite a while, but this yesterdays event made me return here at least for one last time.

Yes he is older.
Yes he is slower and he is not so attractive as in late 90s and beggining of 2000th.
But somehow he found a strength and will to improve in next fights, even he was fighting younger, quicker and heavier opponents and HE DID IT !!!

Finnaly hope now its time for well deserved retirement our hearts are not strong enough to suffer any more.....

And for all you keyboard warriors, please try to fight at least one round in any combat sport and then you will respect every fighter that has stepped in the ring even once in the lifetime.

amen brother!!!

but i don't think mirko is not an attractive fighter to watch.. it's just a reality now since he's been in mma for so long, that with each new kickboxing fight he is better and better.. Just look at the difference in his sefo fight and then the one against that spanish guy.. the same was on this tourinament.. each new fight we saw a better mirko.. i think mirko can win against any top KB guy today. sure, shilt, ghita and a couple guys would give him a very hard fightr and maybe win against mirko, BUT NO ONE. NO ONE would win against mirko easily. NO ONE. don't fool your selves. no one ever beat mirko easily. there were a coupld mirko losses like that randleman ko or gonzaga ko, that are just a part of this sport.. lucky punches happen.. sometimes it's not even a luck punch.. it's just extremely well executed and could happen to any fighter..
but if you look at the whole carrier.. no one made mirko look easy. even the very best like hoost, aerts, bernardo, le banner.. mirko is a tough guy. as tough as they come.. and finally we saw the return of his LHK. it's here.., mirko is doing it again. and doing it ofte and with each new kick it's more and more precise..

i think mirko is here to stay for a couple years at least.. KB or MMA.. doesn't matter, but i dont think he's retiring..

Yes he is older.

You aren't biased at all telling from your avatar, location and sig... Mirko lost the first fight. He shouldn't of won

well....he got robbed vs andy hug so there's that:D

of course he lost 1st fight.

Back