Where can I watch full Rizin event?

scorpiorising

The world eater
@Brown
Reaction score
I'll catch the select few fights on Spike, but is there a way to watch the full event live?

Take my money for fack sake.

So dumb not making this available, I'd happily pay to watch the events

Wow made it over 10 years here.

Sad
It's those eleventh and twelfth years that really make the man (I feel threatened by your longevity, somehow. This is my whole life here). Congratulations, Sherbro!

So dumb not making this available, I'd happily pay to watch the events

I doubt they'd make a return, let alone profit, on an iPPV. And, due to SPIKE's weird "Breakfast with Fedor" thing? I imagine they can't do it legally.

There simply aren't enough potential buyers to make an iPPV profitable. Pretty much every iPPV option I've heard of in MMA has failed. Of course, I think they were mostly done rather poorly.

I doubt they'd make a return, let alone profit, on an iPPV. And, due to SPIKE's weird "Breakfast with Fedor" thing? I imagine they can't do it legally.

There simply aren't enough potential buyers to make an iPPV profitable. Pretty much every iPPV option I've heard of in MMA has failed. Of course, I think they were mostly done rather poorly.
Would not shock me. I remember there used to be way more ippvs five years ago. You are right in that promoters these days don't find them worth the trouble.

one of you had better pirate bay this for the rest of us or so help me.... :)

I actually worked to get DREAM a UK TV deal and they were so unrealistic about their expectations they ruined any chance they had of getting a deal.

Can't find where to watch day 1 but day 2 is on spike

Surely it can't be that expensive to put up a live stream behind a paywall.. or heck, just put up a free stream in countries where it's not being broadcast and start building an audience for the future. It's not surprising that the UFC has gotten so dominant when all these other orgs don't even try to gain an international audience (Bellator is the worst! Seriously, their attempts to get on tv over here are beyond embarrassing).

When the UFC was in between tv deals a couple of years ago in the UK they rented time on some random channel at the last minute to show the event for free. I'm not suggesting Rizin should go that far, but that's how you build trust and a good relationship with your fans, not this. Yes this event will sink or swim based on Japanese viewers, but if they want to compete with the UFC for the best fighters long term and to be a 'federation' for international orgs then they need international fans on board.

I actually worked to get DREAM a UK TV deal and they were so unrealistic about their expectations they ruined any chance they had of getting a deal.
How so?

I gotta say, the way I got into mma was when the UFC events started showing free on Bravo c2004/5. I don't know how much the UFC got out of that monetarily (I'd imagine f-all) but they sure got a lot of exposure on a relatively established channel.

How so?

I gotta say, the way I got into mma was when the UFC events started showing free on Bravo c2004/5. I don't know how much the UFC got out of that monetarily (I'd imagine f-all) but they sure got a lot of exposure on a relatively established channel.

I was trying to get a well known UK fighter on the card and negotiate to film at one of their events. I think it was Dynamite 2009, I could be wrong as it was a while back and it was a little ad hoc. I had an ex boss who went on to run one of the UK's biggest PPV channels so decided to test the water there. The way they worked was interesting - basically the channel would first take out of the PPV all costs associated with the broadcast (Sat links, commentary etc) and then all revenue thereon out would be split 50/50 with the promotion. Pretty damn fair if you ask me. Given that DREAM had practically no following in the UK (probably only a few thousand know about JMMA) the idea was to use the tabloids connected with the channel to drum up interest but they needed to take a UK fighter - we optimistically believed we could achieve about 10,000 PPV's with a Daley or similar fighter on the card (I think that would have backfired). Anyhow - DREAM dragged their heels till the very last minute making it impossible to promote the fight - (they did not release promos till a few weeks before hand). I got the distinct impression that 1. They did not care about viewers outside of Japan. 2. They wanted a vast up front pay off in the hundreds of thousands - again a ridiculous prospect. We were also going to cut them deals with Europe wide PPV.

I was really disappointed they did not take the idea more seriously - if they had it would have given them massive exposure and sure they probably would not have made much money at all to begin with but they could have grown their European marketplace and I would help them to do so which would have been a "dream" come true (forgive the pun)

My interest was to form a partnership between gyms in the UK and Japanese gyms and promotions...

I completely agree - Bravo made a big impact - and they would have been paying hardly anything for the contract

Last edited:
damn i don't have cable, I hope I can find a replay online

Surely it can't be that expensive to put up a live stream behind a paywall.. or heck, just put up a free stream in countries where it's not being broadcast and start building an audience for the future.
The paywall would work, all any of these companies need to do is offer it at an enticing price where the convenience and quality outweigh digging through the internet.

The paywall would work, all any of these companies need to do is offer it at an enticing price where the convenience and quality outweigh digging through the internet.
Like for the bloodhound gang picture they are one of my favorite bands. SFL use to stream a bunch of events live on youtube and it was awesome and hilarious.
Hilarious because it was SFL and awesome because the stream was great and it was free. Generated on the views obviously. Why wouldn't they? this event is big and whether it was during or the day after it would generate a lot of views?? oh well just hoping this stream works tonight

Back