Where’s the Vicente Luque threads?

It really is about time he gets noticed as a true disciple of the JBG. His KO's are some of the sickest we've seen in the UFC in the past couple years yet he hasn't been rewarded with a high profile Top 10 opponent. At this point, he deserves either one of the Cowboys or the winner of Ponzi/Magny and I like his odds against any one of them. That left hook of his is frightening!

He's pretty good

giphy.gif

Has a lot of losses from when he was like 19/20 in Brazil. Also beat Thiago Santos around that time.

This is near and dear to my heart - one, because I have been a fan of Luque's since TUF; and two, because I had the good fortune to get to talk to him before this fight for the front page article.

He is legit a super nice dude. A sweetheart, but a killer in the cage. The combination reminds me a bit of Shogun, which gives me hope that he can break through as a star, even without the trash talk, if he just keeps winning.

Hes got that Shogun vibe to me as well. I'm not sure he will ever be a star as it's harder to consistently win at ww than lhw but he's going to be a top ten fighters for sure.

Ya I've been big on this dude, he's really impressed me in his last few fights. Hope they put him in with a real test next fight, Cerrone would be interesting.

Silent Assassin is such an appropriate nickname for him. Guy has been destroying people left and right but hardly anyone notices him, he really is a dark horse. He may never be champion, but he could present a problem for a lot of guys and is extremely entertaining to watch. 7-2 in the UFC all 7 wins by finish, has a good submission game, slick striking, and legit KO power.

It pains me to say that I don't fancy his chances against the top 10 at WW, depending on the matchups, because one clear weakness he has is the fact that he can get controlled by better wrestlers. It happened against Graves and Leon. Still, he's an awesome fighter to watch.

My most picked fighter on tapology too, so I'm gonna ride that shit til the wheels fall off.

He just needs a fight against someone with a bit of a name.

This thread also ended up reminding me of Michael Graves. *sigh* A wife beater he may have been, but when has that stopped anyone else competing in the UFC?

It pains me to say that I don't fancy his chances against the top 10 at WW, depending on the matchups, because one clear weakness he has is the fact that he can get controlled by better wrestlers. It happened against Graves and Leon. Still, he's an awesome fighter to watch.

My most picked fighter on tapology too, so I'm gonna ride that shit til the wheels fall off.
He just strangled Chiesa, I think he’s fixed that weakness.

Back