When you MUST win a Darwin Award

That's my entire point that they aren't even armed. They handle the exact same problems without the need for lethal force.

Removing emotion of unarmed citizens being killed by police, 1 in 60 police assaults result in lethal force in America according to your own statistics. 0 in 2,000,000 police assaults result in lethal force in Britain.

Are you going to suggest that criminals in Britain aren't as dangerous with their fists as American criminals? Are British police all super bad asses compared to American police? Or can we just fucking admit that there's a use of force problem in America???

I have been commending the uk police for their handling of knife weilsing subjects. They use multiple tactics to disarm and arrest subjects with knives with resorting to lethal force. But uk police do not have the option of using a firearm, nor do they have to be overly worried about facing someone with a firearm. The us is a country of guns. Police have them, but so do the criminals. So comparing us and uk police is not always apples to apples.

Some cops need an ass whooping let's all be honest about that

All these shootings are just happening in a vacuum and only by white police, eh ?

@ 6% of the population is responsible for 40% of police murders. Let's not gloss over the entirety of context and circumstances.

About 50 police officers are killed a year by armed criminals. Meanwhile, police kill about a thousand citizens every year (987 in 2017). That's 20:1 for those inclined toward fractions.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...21fe0588340_story.html?utm_term=.e9dd35fa470d

Like it or not, fella, police are charged with law enforcement. Your odds of being harmed by a cop are already astronomically low; to be killed by one is lower than bee sting and lightning strike, .

LOL, how did you make it out to the burbs with this level of thinking?

On average, 40-50 US citizens die each year by lightning strike. And a little more than 50 die from bees, wasps, and hornets combined.

987 deaths by police > 50 deaths by lightning
987 deaths by police > 20 deaths by bee stings

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning_strike
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-kill-you-this-summer/?utm_term=.7da8447e017e

I have been commending the uk police for their handling of knife weilsing subjects. They use multiple tactics to disarm and arrest subjects with knives with resorting to lethal force. But uk police do not have the option of using a firearm, nor do they have to be overly worried about facing someone with a firearm. The us is a country of guns. Police have them, but so do the criminals. So comparing us and uk police is not always apples to apples.

Right, but guns are almost never used against police officers. It's not as big of an issue as people act.

i know i often get accused of always siding with the cops, but its pretty simple.....touch one in an aggressive manner, then dont be surprised if you die. In that situation a cop has to be super careful. First, most rational, peaceful people dont get physical with cops, even when the cop is a douche (as is normal). Second the cop doesnt know if the person is armed, but he knows HE is armed and therefore needs to be protective of his weapon. its no place to decide what is the minimal amount of force necessary. you have to treat it as you against them. therefore, you want to fight a cop, expect that dying may be in your future and nobody should give a dman about you

i know i often get accused of always siding with the cops, but its pretty simple.....touch one in an aggressive manner, then dont be surprised if you die. In that situation a cop has to be super careful. First, most rational, peaceful people dont get physical with cops, even when the cop is a douche (as is normal). Second the cop doesnt know if the person is armed, but he knows HE is armed and therefore needs to be protective of his weapon. its no place to decide what is the minimal amount of force necessary. you have to treat it as you against them. therefore, you want to fight a cop, expect that dying may be in your future and nobody should give a dman about you
the condensed version of this post might as well be "SEIG HAIL!"

Back