When you get the cold or flu are your symptoms harsh or just mild?

I heard you cant get a flu shot after having the flu is this true?
Not true.

You should still get the shot, even if you believe you've already had the flu, as there are different types of flu, and you can potentially get sick multiple times per flu season.

The only real contraindications are if you have had a severe allergy to a prior dose or vaccine component. They may also defer if you are currently very sick or have had a case of GBS after a flu shot.

Borderline apocalyptic, ts

I can't remember the last time I had it.

Get vaccinated.

I will get a mind cold every few years and it usually isn't a problem. I haven't had the flu since I was 12, I'm 34. Also have had only one flu shot since then, 13 years ago.

This has been awesome, obviously, bc the flu sucks ass. But I feel like I'm due, and when I finally catch it, it's gonna be extra terrible.

A lot depends on your environment I'd say, working closely with others and looking after young children tended to mean I picked it up much more often, being self employed and looking after older children less often means I tend to avoid it most of the time. The worst situations now tend to be on flights, they really do need to do something about this in terms of better air recycling(supposedly it was less of an issue when smoking was legal and they needed to recycle far more) and cleaning surfaces during them.

Personally I find it depends a lot on the kind of flu as well, if its the type that goes mostly after the sinuses/chest then I don't tend to suffer that much from it beyond a temperature, if its the kind that goes after the digestion then much moreso. Picked up the second kind earlier this year on a flight and that made me as i'll as I'v been for probably 15 years, did actually still go out(not around people though, mostly walking on holiday) but felt pretty weak and had spare underwear/pants with me at all times.

I can't remember the last time I had it.

Get vaccinated.

They get it wrong every year. lmao, just be healthy. Eat right stay active.

If you get sick just get shit faced wasted and ignore the three days.

I gotta ask you, are you a hypochondriac?

Not true.

You should still get the shot, even if you believe you've already had the flu, as there are different types of flu, and you can potentially get sick multiple times per flu season.

The only real contraindications are if you have had a severe allergy to a prior dose or vaccine component. They may also defer if you are currently very sick or have had a case of GBS after a flu shot.
Last time i had a flu shot it gave me flu like symptoms is that normal.

Man flu is real

I feel like im dying when i get the flu

I find some people become huge babies when they get sick. Me and my friend have had the same sickness many times, catching it from each other etc. He whines non stop while I just deal with it. Some people are real pussies when it comes to being sick with a cold or flu.

I haven't had a cold/flu in around 10 years. Once I began sunbathing sensibly, and in the winter time using a vitamin D light a couple times a week, I seem to have stopped developing colds/flu. There was one time though where I guess I have very mild cold like symptoms over the last decade. Hard to say if that was a cold or not but if it was a cold, it was easy to handle.

put yourself in a hot area, and sweat that shit out. i hardly ever get sick, but whenever i feel something come on, i make myself sweat, and it helps a lot.

Has anyone noticed that people often say they have the "flu" when it's actually just a common cold?

Influenza is waaaay worse than a cold.

Last time i had a flu shot it gave me flu like symptoms is that normal.

Some people get a low grade fever and some body aches for a couple days.

hqdefault.jpg

put yourself in a hot area, and sweat that shit out. i hardly ever get sick, but whenever i feel something come on, i make myself sweat, and it helps a lot.

Sweating and urinating helps rid the body of the virus, thats why they tell you to keep drinking a lot of fluids.
right now I got a painful sore throat, body aches and a bad headache fever.

Some people get a low grade fever and some body aches for a couple days.

hqdefault.jpg

Yeah last time I got a flu shot was 10 years ago, and my body started aching for a day or two and I got a slight fever

Also when I got a Tetanus booster shot I had some muscle spasms and later body aches and a mild fever, but it went away after like 3 days.

Back