When will we have a moment like this again?

IloveTHIS

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
P7HPVb.gif

Honestly I'm just rewatching the fight and wanted a reason to post the gif. One of the GOAT moments in MMA imo, and perfectly defines the beauty of the sport. Both men are absolutely exhausted and hurt, Rory so much so he can barely stand but still ready to go at it after the round is over. Two absolute fucking gladiators that will never back down unless they are unconscious or dead. I cant believe the UFC let Rory walk...

P7HPVb.gif

Honestly I'm just rewatching the fight and wanted a reason to post the gif. One of the GOAT moments in MMA imo, and perfectly defines the beauty of the sport. Both men are absolutely exhausted and hurt, Rory so much so he can barely stand but still ready to go at it after the round is over. Two absolute fucking gladiators that will never back down unless they are unconscious or dead. I cant believe the UFC let Rory walk...

This fight cemented lawler as an all time great in my book.

The UFC let Rory walk because he wanted to walk.

P7HPVb.gif

Incredible fight. Gonna be hard to replicate talent level, toughness, and intensity.

The UFC let Rory walk because he wanted to walk.
He only wanted to walk because they didnt offer him as much or more than what Bellator could with sponsors. They let him go because they didnt see him as a title challenger since he lost twice to Robbie, but the first fight was a split decision and he was winning every round in the second fight until his nose was shattered in the 5th : /

not to mention he absolutely tooled Woodley who is now the champ. Just unfortunate. I think if Rory can avoid so much damage for a while and rebuild his body he can really work on cementing himself as one of the best at WW.

Wonderboy is his only real bad loss. Even the Condit fight he was soundly winning before getting finished with only 10 seconds left in the fight.

Epic fight!. And yeah totally agree that they should never have let Rory go, not only is he a great fighter and beat many of the top 10 WW's in UFC, but he is also a popular fighter in Canada, and UFC really lack Canadian stars. He was important for that market.

mm and tj maybe, only other one I could think of is Holloway vs conor 2, but I don't think conor is coming back and if he does it wont be to fight max :(

He only wanted to walk because they didnt offer him as much or more than what Bellator could with sponsors. They let him go because they didnt see him as a title challenger since he lost twice to Robbie, but the first fight was a split decision and he was winning every round in the second fight until his nose was shattered in the 5th : /

not to mention he absolutely tooled Woodley who is now the champ. Just unfortunate. I think if Rory can avoid so much damage for a while and rebuild his body he can really work on cementing himself as one of the best at WW.

Wonderboy is his only real bad loss. Even the Condit fight he was soundly winning before getting finished with only 10 seconds left in the fight.

I mean he's making 400k per fight in Bellator. Woodley is making 500k as the champ in the UFC.

It's not shocking that they actually let him go if that was the number he wanted.

I mean he's making 400k per fight in Bellator. Woodley is making 500k as the champ in the UFC.

It's not shocking that they actually let him go if that was the number he wanted.

Rory is the champ in Bellator

Awesome fight, without a doubt... but also made me realize how brutal and dangerous this sport can be, along with Cain - JDS.

The more we know about it, the more i see brain damage in every tough fight. Might be me getting older.

One of the most epic ufc and mma moments ever. The ones that aren’t planned like that show just how far too competing fighters are willing to go to get a win.

Gaethje vs Alvarez was kinda close in a way. Lot less bloody though from memory.

Yes! Just rewatched this fight today myself. This is the fight I show boxing snobs I want to introduce to MMA.

Fucking warriors! Robbie baiting with a low guard, landing the 1-2 constantly,and with conviction. Rory with the double elbows, front snap kick, and right roundhouse. Fucking awesome. Such a fun fight.

P7HPVb.gif

Rory was smashed by Lawler, lost to Wonderboy, and didn't believe he could walk the UFC gauntlet. So, he moved to the Beta League, where he can compete with lesser opponents for virtually identical pay.

Smart move by Rory. Why play in the NBA, if you can get similar money in the Chinese league? LOL

Back