when will michael page

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
finally fight a good fighter anyone sick of this guy? bellator is being insane it disgust me that they are hyping him so much when he wont fight anyone who cant shoot a solid double

Rickels is a good fighter. If you thought he looked like a hack it’s because Page made him look like a hack. Quit hating

Nobody complained about Rickels as a formidable opponent for anybody until he was booked to fight MVP and was made a fool of. It just classic shillin. If he fought in UFC vs the same comp to the same results the heavies forum would explode in orgasm. It’s just that Bellator has him so it’s the same old song and dance we’ve seen forever for guys in alternative orgs.

Notice how Israel whooped a complete can in his UFC debut(still lost a round) and everybody went nuts for him and acted like he’s some future kingpin.

MVP has been put on his back against a skilled grappler, he has dealt with guys trying to cage clinch him the whole fight, he has fought other skilled strikers, he’s been dragged into ugly fights, and his competition has progressively got better. In the end to the shills it doesn’t matter who he fights and beats so long as it isn’t in UFC.

Last edited:
Rickles: Coming off a win against Piccolotti (legit prospect) and hadn't lost since 2015, against Chandler.

Gonzalez - Won four out of his previous five fights. Beat Amoussou, Parisyan, and Zaromskis during that time.

Santos - Not far after his win over Ward.

Those are not bad guys on the resume

His next opponent will be a good fighter. Then once he dusts off whomever that is I'm you'll all call that fighter a can as well.

Rickels is a good fighter. If you thought he looked like a hack it’s because Page made him look like a hack. Quit hating

Nobody complained about Rickels as a formidable opponent for anybody until he was booked to fight MVP and was made a fool of. It just classic shillin. If he fought in UFC vs the same comp to the same results the heavies forum would explode in orgasm. It’s just that Bellator has him so it’s the same old song and dance we’ve seen forever for guys in alternative orgs.

Notice how Israel whooped a complete can in his UFC debut(still lost a round) and everybody went nuts for him and acted like he’s some future kingpin.

MVP has been put on his back against a skilled grappler, he has dealt with guys trying to cage clinch him the whole fight, he has fought other skilled strikers, he’s been dragged into ugly fights, and his competition has progressively got better. In the end to the shills it doesn’t matter who he fights and beats so long as it isn’t in UFC.

Rickles: Coming off a win against Piccolotti (legit prospect) and hadn't lost since 2015, against Chandler.

Gonzalez - Won four out of his previous five fights. Beat Amoussou, Parisyan, and Zaromskis during that time.

Santos - Not far after his win over Ward.

Those are not bad guys on the resume

No one with half of brain cell considered Rickels a good opponent for Page.
Rickels has never been a successful WW, his only accomplishments were at LW, and even there he got beat by drunk puncher Particky Freire much easier than Page did.

He ducks real WW competition in Bellator like Daley, Larkin, Koreshkov. He'll never dare to fight any ot those (see? I'm not even mentioning Rory or Lima)

He has never faced a SOLID grappler like you put it, he has never beat solid anyone.
Just like Gonzalez, he made his name by beating opponents known by name but way way beyond their primes - like Cyborg.

He's supposed to grow, but his competition doesn't. He should've moved up after Burrell fight, but he stalls so everyone will see highlights and forget that he fights mismatches.

And yes, he's not better than Israel "OMG kickboxing" Adesania.
But at least Adesanya will fight ranked Tavares. Page doesn't have cojones to do so

His next opponent will be a good fighter. Then once he dusts off whomever that is I'm you'll all call that fighter a can as well.

It's not going to be neither Fitch , nor Daley, Koreshkov, Larkin. All the other guys are below him already in Bellator.

If he doesn't fight either of them, he'll deserve all that crap

Funnily enough MVP was scheduled to face Curtis Millender back when they were both 7-0. Of course the fight was wrote off as MVP fighting just another can but after Millender KO'd Alves the heavies exploded in orgasm.

Funnily enough MVP was scheduled to face Curtis Millender back when they were both 7-0. Of course the fight was wrote off as MVP fighting just another can but after Millender KO'd Alves the heavies exploded in orgasm.

Millender was in Bellator 3 years ago. Back then, he was Bellator level.
Now he's evolved and became UFC level. Simply as that.

Ah and. BTW, Alves last 3 years of fighting showed that he's on huge demise.

I think MVPs next fight will be against Paul Daley(if he extends with Bellator, if not they won’t bother) or Lorenz Larkin. I think he stunts on either. In which case people will complain that they are tailor made fights for MVP.

If not one of them. At worst, Maybe a more lateral fight from Rickels in terms of status but more well rounded ability and size in Derek Anderson who would no doubt bring on the groans from the shills but Anderson is an extremely underrated fighter. They booked to fight before but one of them got hurt.

Rickels has long been a measuring stick in Bellator. Page isn’t fighting a Rudy Bears or one and dones next. He’s moving to the beef.

I really think he’ll fight Lorenz Larkin. It makes sense, they’re both available, and Page is ready for it.

I'm seeing claims that Millender has now evolved into 'UFC level' but I'm not seeing any arguments as to why he's better and no, 'simply as that' is not an argument. Besides whats to say MVP hasn't evolved in that time either?

Whats all this 'UFC level' stuff?
Does being in the UFC somehow give you super powers? Do Rory and Koreshkov have no chance against 'UFC level' Phil Brooks?

Chris Weidman almost signed with Bellator over the UFC, had he done that would he be just another Bellator 'can', while Anderson would have continued his win streak?

Writing off fighters because they're not in the UFC is a mistake far too many a sherdoggers make.

I'm seeing claims that Millender has now evolved into 'UFC level' but I'm not seeing any arguments as to why he's better and no, 'simply as that' is not an argument. Besides whats to say MVP hasn't evolved in that time either?

Whats all this 'UFC level' stuff?
Does being in the UFC somehow give you super powers? Do Rory and Koreshkov have no chance against 'UFC level' Phil Brooks?

Chris Weidman almost signed with Bellator over the UFC, had he done that would he be just another Bellator 'can', while Anderson would have continued his win streak?

Writing off fighters because they're not in the UFC is a mistake far too many a sherdoggers make.

Had Millender been able to sign in the UFC back in 2015, he would've done that.
Guess what - no one called him. Instead, Bellator found a totally unknown guy to give to ...Michael Page. Yeah, they thought that a guy that fought for one year+ is one who will destroy their "star"...right.

UFC have taken a solid prospect with a solid record that has proven himself in their bush league, LFA, by beating the competition that woul've been taken instead of him, had they beat him.

And don't give me CM Punk example. Don't be dumb that you don't understand the business point of it. Bellator would've acquired him if Viacom allowed them to waste their money on him.
Apparently WME outbid Viacom there.
At least he didn't have a heart attack after fighting in the UFC, like Kimbo and Dada. He's in actual fighting shape.
And Bellator SURELY would've given him someone to get beaten. Probably some 5-17 guy who forgot how to win. Danis' opponent style

Last edited:

Come on man. You challenged my take but I respected it as objective like maybe you were in touch and simply disagreed on the quality of the fighters mentioned. Now you’re dropping shill speak with all the classic terms. There is no basis to say Millender has “evolved” from his ill fated Bellator tenure.

Which is it? Is Millender a badass or is Alves just a bum now?

The point of The Reeds post was how easily the UFC heavies fawned over him when he was about a week away from being just another can on MVPs record. MVP wouldn’t even have to do that to Alves. They can get any old can on UFC roster(and there’s plenty) and MVP destroys him and the forum loses their wad and he’s the next insufferable hype train ran by the shills who hate him for the same reasons they’d love him if he was in UFC

If he ever fights a legit fighter, his next fight will be Daley. I feel like that would be his highest level fight for the rest of his career, win or lose.

I would be SHOCKED if he ever accepted a fight with Lima or Koreshkov.

Come on man. You challenged my take but I respected it as objective like maybe you were in touch and simply disagreed on the quality of the fighters mentioned. Now you’re dropping shill speak with all the classic terms. There is no basis to say Millender has “evolved” from his ill fated Bellator tenure.

Which is it? Is Millender a badass or is Alves just a bum now?

The point of The Reeds post was how easily the UFC heavies fawned over him when he was about a week away from being just another can on MVPs record. MVP wouldn’t even have to do that to Alves. They can get any old can on UFC roster(and there’s plenty) and MVP destroys him and the forum loses their wad and he’s the next insufferable hype train ran by the shills who hate him for the same reasons they’d love him if he was in UFC

Not sure I understand your point, but one thing I got from you: you see it all black and white.

Yes, both Millender has evolved and Alves deteriorated.
I'm not sure that Millender of today has challenge for Page. Probably not yet.
However, he's good enough to be in higher league than Bellator. Which is an accomplishment of its own.

Had Millender been able to sign in the UFC back in 2015, he would've done that.
Guess what - no one called him. Instead, Bellator found a totally unknown guy to give to ...Michael Page. Yeah, they thought that a guy that fought for one year+ is one who will destroy their "star"...right.

Perhaps they actually saw him fight and thought he'd make a good challenge for a guy like MVP, both being strikers. Millender went on to fight Ward and Gonzales two of their upper WW guys so I doubt they saw him as just another can to feed to the wolves. Why get an undefeated, athletic, decent striker to fight MVP when they could have picked so many other possible CANdidates for a schooling?

Not that Bellator haven't fed a can or two to MVP. MVP has fought both worse and better guys than Millender.

And don't give me CM Punk example. Don't be dumb that you don't understand the business point of it. Bellator would've acquired him if Viacom allowed them to waste their money on him.
Apparently WME outbid Viacom there.
At least he didn't have a heart attack after fighting in the UFC, like Kimbo and Dada. He's in actual fighting shape.
And Bellator SURELY would've given him someone to get beaten. Probably some 5-17 guy who forgot how to win. Danis' opponent style
My point has nothing to do with freakshow fights. I meant that just being in the UFC doesn't automatically make you a good fighter. Millender probably has indeed improved over the years but being in the UFC is a result of that, not a reason.

Bellator have plenty of good fighters that could do great things in the UFC hence the Weidman example. Meanwhile Strikeforce and WEC fighters went on to do great things in the UFC when at the time those companies were around guys who have gone on to win UFC belts were written off as cans.

lol at talking about a fight that actually DIDN'T happened, MVP fought a lightweight in Rickels, a washed up in Cyborg Santos and 2 journeymen at welterweight, other than that.. only fought absolute cans, and he's still talking down the Daley fight

lol at talking about a fight that actually DIDN'T happened, MVP fought a lightweight in Rickels, a washed up in Cyborg Santos and 2 journeymen at welterweight, other than that.. only fought absolute cans, and he's still talking down the Daley fight
I'm talking about what posters reactions were to that fight before it got cancelled. Reading comprehension.

no i give respect when its due but if you are gonna act the way he does and bellator hypes him without him being worthy yet of course it makes me dislike him i think being in uk and in his gym he doesnt have the training partners to deal with the big strong american wrestlers and grapplers its a totally different thing he int use to

man idk bout the daley fight i think daley can catch him to come in with good defense and not brawl as much then i think daley beats him

Back