When will games start to look like this?

• Thread starter Deleted member 391673
  • Start date
PS4 Pro can produce these graphics i believe, we dont see it because PC hardware is holding consoles back.

Which Skyrim mod is this?

I believe that was a DX12 showcase video. Games are going to take awhile to look like that. And to the user above, no, the PS4 Pro could not render that for any game. Whenever the new console comes out, it's already a couple years obsolete as far as CPU and GPU, due to the development time, and having to choose a gpu and cpu to model the new system around.

That's not at all impressive. Pre rendered scenes with no "gameplay" taking place within it....{<jordan}

That's not at all impressive. Pre rendered scenes with no "gameplay" taking place within it....{<jordan}

that's why i'm wondering when actual games will look that graphically impressive

PS4 Pro can produce these graphics i believe, we dont see it because PC hardware is holding consoles back.
eb6.jpg

So much salt caused by this post.

<LynchWink>

Some of that texture work was fucking insane.

They made fabric look pretty good. Flat surfaces look pretty good too. Especially impressed by the little imperfections, like tiles not fitting together perfectly, and how objects mounted on walls or pushed up against walls looked like they had just the right amount of space from the wall, and an appropriate shadow. Indoor to outdoor lighting transitions were also insane.

It's going to take longer and longer if they keep pushing the resolution up

They should just stop with 4k and focus on making the actual graphics better, not just adding more pixels to render

It takes so much power to render a clean native 4k image

If they took something with about the power of the Xbox One X but dropped it down to 1080p they could probably get close to rendering something the quality of that image

The problem is they keep upping the resolution of displays before the GPU's are really capable of delivering that native resolution

We will probably have 8k TV's soon, and the whole thing will repeat itself

Volta graphics card equipped comps won’t be able to replicate it nor will PS5 when it is released 2019/2020.

By PS6 though (mid 2020s) those graphics should be surpassed by even consoles.

8k, oled, 144 hz g-sync moniters/screens running real time ray tracing (and with real 8k textures) should look insane.

It's going to take longer and longer if they keep pushing the resolution up

They should just stop with 4k and focus on making the actual graphics better, not just adding more pixels to render

It takes so much power to render a clean native 4k image

If they took something with about the power of the Xbox One X but dropped it down to 1080p they could probably get close to rendering something the quality of that image

The problem is they keep upping the resolution of displays before the GPU's are really capable of delivering that native resolution

We will probably have 8k TV's soon, and the whole thing will repeat itself

A lot of it is on the devs. God of War and The Order could easily run at 4K 60fps on PC and look insane because the devs are just that good and their custom game engines have textures and post processing effects that don't just come for free.

Back