When was the last time this nation was so divided?

the-ultimate-warrior-vs-hulk-hogan-6349769947.jpg

one side requires more mental gymnastics
than the other. there's no denying that
Sure, I'm just saying the division is legitimate, important, and the positions of each side are nowhere near morally equal. "Both sides" criticism is largely disingenuous and damaging.

When the 2nd amendment is on the table you know you dying

It’s not on the table. Liberals just want to think it is.

Going after the 2nd and failing is nothing new for libs and dems.

Did i say it is going away or did I say it was on the table?

What is wrong with you people??

Couldn’t we say that the 2nd amendment has been “on the table” dozens of times??? And yet it’s never gone anywhere.

Couldn’t we say that the 2nd amendment has been “on the table” dozens of times??? And yet it’s never gone anywhere.

I'm not going to reply beyond this... You already showed you are a typical right wing nut who can't comprehend English. I say one thing and you attack and entirely separate argument,

Aint nobody got time for that

Sure, I'm just saying the division is legitimate, important, and the positions of each side are nowhere near morally equal. "Both sides" criticism is largely disingenuous and damaging.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is that the idea of 'triggering' the audience has proven to be so successful, that now you have all these various outlets trying to one up each other by creating the best fake outrage story of the day, just because it's good for business.

both sides are guilty of this
one side does it in a subtle way
the other by peddling horseshit

I'm not going to reply beyond this... You already showed you are a typical right wing nut who can't comprehend English. I say one thing and you attack and entirely separate argument,

Aint nobody got time for that

Imagine typing that then hitting the post button after somebody take sense to you. Lol.

plenty of times t/o history, we just have SM and it's more widespread now

so cans w/o absurd views and arguments get waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more shine than they should

This country has moved so far to corporate worship that we might as well be a theocracy. Almost everything in our country is done in the interest of making money. We are propagandized in school, on TV, and basically anywhere we look that everything done to make money is the right way, and everything else is inefficient.

Our news outlets exist to make money, and nothing sells like outrage. Also, forget about the conflict of interest inherent in news companies being owned by giant conglomerates who are also featured heavily in the news coverage.

Universities that peddle watered-down degree programs with classes taught by graduate students for ridiculously inflated tuition costs are better than government funded schools where tuition was kept in check, and that says nothing about the private "universities" that provide a worse education than the biggest failure of a high school and charge prices that put Harvard to shame, but somehow qualify their students for Government subsidized financial aid.

Hospitals are better when they charge ridiculous prices that only insurance can cover, which is passed right along to the people who pay the insurance premiums. They might have all kinds of groundbreaking new surgeries, but good luck persuading an insurance company to pay for them, let alone paying for them yourself.

Even the prison industry has been subsidized, and now if you can keep a barely functioning prison open and operating on a D- level at 1/4 of the price, your company can keep the remaining 3/4 of the funding as profit. I'm surprised they haven't started giving police a bounty for every criminal that gets sent to prison to incentive the need for more prisons.

The poor and middle class voters consistently vote against their own interests and for the interests of the rich and big business because they've been taught there is a real chance that they'll get invited to that party.

It’s not on the table. Liberals just want to think it is.

Going after the 2nd and failing is nothing new for libs and dems.
When Dems eventually come back to power, as they will, it will be a different story. The only potential break you have on that is SCOTUS but I wouldn't put all your eggs in that basket. There is a lot of wiggle room for legislation without completely killing the amendment. A toothless and neutered amendment is just as useless as one that is removed.

That's not to say changes can't be made or aren't productive, just that it's possible to gut it without removing it.

The sole reason why is that we can broadcast our shitty opinions to the masses.

Never in human history has an average person been able to give his opinion and have it reach so many people.

Yes, it is social media. It is Youtube, it is Yelp and Amazon and all those places where you can leave tiny remarks.

you see, everyone wants to have their voice heard, and back in the 80 and 90 and early 2000s, you would still need traditional ways of getting your voice heard, like TV, radio and print. But now, any Joe can do that.

And this is where the divide happens. Some guy posts on Twitter, and other guy gets rattled and they argue online for all to see. And that is another problem, we see each others arguments. I see two people arguing, I'm gonna pick a side that i agree with and argue against the person who has a different opinion than me.

Thats all it is. People seeing other people's opinions online and getting emotional and equating that to real life.

Back