When was the last time Conor had a fight that he SHOULD be winning?

He has 1-2 inch reach advantage (only good strikers can use these 1-2 inches, which Conor is), he's significantly smaller in terms of weight. Khabib walks around 90kg etc.
Haters will try to tell you how big conor is lol. Khabib is a giant in terms of the build vs lanky lean conor. Ignore the uneducated

This tells me youre quiet new to the sport. Dustin Poirier was meant to wipe the floor with him, once he faced a good striker with good ground game, Frankie was meant to destroy him, the bean pole didnt even make it to the fight, Aldo was meant to destroy his legs and wide base etc etc.

Its not about new.. it's about how you look at fights. Conor is masterful in the stand-up and can compete with anyone on any night in that realm. but with spending time getting so good in one area there is a tradeoff, other aspects of his game are going to suffer. Now we are going to find someone who can exploit those aspects.

Khabib has been calling Conor out for two maybe three years now. Nothing has changed, he was undefeated then and he is undefeated now.

I respect Conor for finally fighting him but two years is a long training camp to prepare for the guy. He also had Dillon Danis, who is a black belt under Marcelo Garcia in his corner.

Let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if Conor's grappling game has drastically improved. I think he took the fight when he was ready. It's not a bad thing, but call a spade a spade.

Now if he would have looked at Dana, and told him "make the fight happen" against Khabib initially then yeah he would get all the props. lol
A little bit of hate in this post, but mostly fair points

Nate Diaz 1

Nate came in as late notice for their first fight to replace Rafael Dos Anjos.

Despite all the rhetoric, and fiery statements I honestly feel that the powers at large making the fight expected Diaz to lose. Diaz was supposed to be an opponent to make Conor look good. But when he stopped Conor………..wow.

Conor gets a rematch in 5 months which goes to the scorecards. 5 months??!! What does Nate get? Their rematch was in 2016, we have yet to see anything pointing to them having another go. Out of the two fights Nate had the more decisive victory via stoppage.

The fact that he got an immediate rematch says to me that they expected Conor to win the first time. It's like when you play a game of pick up basketball, and someone loses and before the ball even stops bouncing from the last play they holler "run it back!" lol. You can't even enjoy the victory that they didn't expect you to have.

Conor is a cash cow, Nate is not. A rematch was a smart money decision, and necessary to maintain his spotlight, and image in the public eye.

Conor v Nate Diaz 1 was a fight Conor was expected to win.

I don't think they'll ever allow for a mistake like Diaz to happen again.

Khabib has been calling Conor out for two maybe three years now. Nothing has changed, he was undefeated then and he is undefeated now.

I respect Conor for finally fighting him but two years is a long training camp to prepare for the guy. He also had Dillon Danis, who is a black belt under Marcelo Garcia in his corner.

Let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if Conor's grappling game has drastically improved. I think he took the fight when he was ready. It's not a bad thing, but call a spade a spade.

Now if he would have looked at Dana, and told him "make the fight happen" against Khabib initially then yeah he would get all the props. lol

Do you honestly believe that Conor has been in a two year long training camp for Khabib (I know you're not talking about an actual training camp ...). He had a little fight vs Mayweather in the meantime, i.e.

And even if Conor has been working on his ground game intensively in order to fight Khabib, wouldn't that actually be a reason to sing his praises? That's dedication!

He has 1-2 inch reach advantage (only good strikers can use these 1-2 inches, which Conor is), he's significantly smaller in terms of weight. Khabib walks around 90kg etc.

Khabib won't be that much heavier than him on fight night.

And yes ofc, Conor is a really good striker, I never said he wasn't. But that's the point.
He has that reach advantage plus he has it vs someone who can't come close to his greatest strength. This is what I'm saying.

has anyone mentioned the first nate diaz fight yet?

Yep.

And also now 2 other key things have changed.

Khabib is now more popular and seen as the unstoppable beast. Conor has more excuses and loses less face if he loses to Khabib now (which he likes).

Also, he exposed his terrible standup vs Al, which I'm sure appealed to him and his camp.

Alvarez was easy. RDA fuck up and Alvarez should never be champion in first place at all

Eddie Alvarez....a midget brawler with T-Rex arms and shit takedowns. Taylor-made for Conor to rape him.

A little bit of hate in this post, but mostly fair points

No hate. I like Conor, but you have to call things for what they are. I am not shy to be unbiased, and objective but it was strange that he seemed to tip toe around Khabib when Khabib had the record, and the ranking to be the obvious fight. Now that Khabib has the belt, and is not a challenger Conor has no choice but to face him.

I could give you examples of fighters that I am a fan of but there are points in their career where I question their thought process or can offer criticism.

If Conor could be presented that question of why so long to face Khabib, and offer a reasonable rebuttal then fair play, and I would retract my current position.

But you know the old saying....."walks like a duck, quacks like a duck". lol

No hate. I like Conor, but you have to call things for what they are. I am not shy to be unbiased, and objective but it was strange that he seemed to tip toe around Khabib when Khabib had the record, and the ranking to be the obvious fight. Now that Khabib has the belt, and is not a challenger Conor has no choice but to face him.

I could give you examples of fighters that I am a fan of but there are points in their career where I question their thought process or can offer criticism.

If Conor could be presented that question of why so long to face Khabib, and offer a reasonable rebuttal then fair play, and I would retract my current position.

But you know the old saying....."walks like a duck, quacks like a duck". lol
I acknowledged that it was mostly fair points you gave. I never was under the hes "shook" narrative. His fans are and were but never Conor. He waited for it to make the most business sense, as he normally does. He probably gets his ass whipped but fair play to the lad for signing up and seeing if he is as bad as he and his fans think. Win or lose Conor is a bad motherfucker. If he wins though, he is THE motherfucker. I dont picture it happening but he loves to defy the odds. War Khabib and cheers to a good fight

Yep.

And also now 2 other key things have changed.

Khabib is now more popular and seen as the unstoppable beast. Conor has more excuses and loses less face if he loses to Khabib now (which he likes).

Also, he exposed his terrible standup vs Al, which I'm sure appealed to him and his camp.
People thought khabib could strike before the Al beating???????????????

Well he's opened as the favorite in every single fight so I guess I don't understand.

I don't think they'll ever allow for a mistake like Diaz to happen again.

It would be a shame if they didn't because I think the fans would love to see that. Nate had this to say:

“Conor is a f*cking bitch,” Diaz said. “He f*cking got his ass whooped, he got choked. And now he’s justifying it because the decision went to him because the company wanted it to go to him. If I get my f*cking ass whooped by somebody, I don’t just win a slight decision and then accept it as a win. So the real champ is right here.”
(https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/5/...s-ass-twice-i-dont-want-a-f-cking-third-fight)

In spite of the emotion Nate has a good point. The contest stands at one a piece, but Nate got the better of that exchange. Add onto it what Nate said, and good grief, Conor should be knocking on Nate's door. lol Good grief indeed. Hope they give Nate his proper payday, and we see a third fight.

Nate Diaz 1
Denis Siver ? Like c'mon?
His first UFC appearance vs Brimage

Do you honestly believe that Conor has been in a two year long training camp for Khabib (I know you're not talking about an actual training camp ...). He had a little fight vs Mayweather in the meantime, i.e.

And even if Conor has been working on his ground game intensively in order to fight Khabib, wouldn't that actually be a reason to sing his praises? That's dedication!

No of course not. lol He has had other ventures outside of MMA. He has not been in a two year long training camp in the literal sense. lol However, there is no mistaking that him, and Danis are close.

McGregor's bail bondsman confirmed that Danis paid his bail. Someone close enough to bail you out of jail is definitely close enough to help you with your grappling game. Also, Danis was at the Mayweather McGregor press conference tour. Remember "Form Voltron!"? Who was there to back up McGregor?......Danis.

It's not a problem I just see a timeline of events where he is around a guy in Danis who is a direct student of one of the greatest grapplers on the planet....Marcelo Garcia. The fight game is about timing, everyone does it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back