When was the greatest time of your life?

the 3 month span during vanilla SF4 when I was the top ranked blanka player in the world, i won almost 90% of my matches.

It's roughly got better every year so far! Most of the year I've been working on the new family home, just working out and chilling with my kids.

Today I baked gluten free bread for the Mrs, played with the kids, cooked slow cooked honey mustard chicken, read to the kids, hit a new bench PR of 330lbs then spent a hour just doing bi's and tri's. Finished off with some ps4 and a smoke. Didn't get blown but otherwise that's top tier!

<GinJuice>

It's roughly got better every year so far! Most of the year I've been working on the new family home, just working out and chilling with my kids.

Today I baked gluten free bread for the Mrs, played with the kids, cooked slow cooked honey mustard chicken, read to the kids, hit a new bench PR of 330lbs then spent a hour just doing bi's and tri's. Finished off with some ps4 and a smoke. Didn't get blown but otherwise that's top tier!

<GinJuice>
You hitting the hub or the wifey tonight?

There is a common cliche that
"high school is the best time of your life!"

I assume that this is an old cliché from when people used to go to high school, graduate, get a job right out of h.s. that pays well enough to afford a mortgage and feed a family and retire. If this is the case, of course h.s. is your best time, you work for the rest of your life and have a family right after that.

Today, h.s. kids are filled with angst and awkwardness.

Others commonly say:
"College is the best time of your life"

That I can see, but for me college was like 5 years of purgatory.

Perhaps a little after college graduation was high up there for me, less pressure, old enough to be self-assured, young enough to be care-free. Wasn't as broke, and I traveled a lot and had fun.

The thought of "peaking" this early in life (high school or college) sounds a bit crappy if you think about it. I'd like to think my best days are still ahead of me.

What time period was the best time of your life?
College was a better time period, but if I could reset my life I would probably go back to the start of junior high school. I could certainly make the most of reliving all of it again.

Was in law school with no work pressures.
Gambled $5k per week on fights -- and was winning.
Had sex almost every night.

Compare to 2018

Work constantly with tons of pressure.
Gamble maybe $200 per week on fights and barely breaking even
Lucky to have sex 2x per month.

Now....often the things we remember as THE Best Times are selectively chosen moments that eliminate the horrors ..

I'm 36 but all of my friends are in their twenties. I feel like I'm living the best part of my life now. I spent most of my 20s putting myself into financial security, though.

Now....often the things we remember as THE Best Times are selectively chosen moments that eliminate the horrors ..

This is another thing folks should consider.

We have a sort of recall bias that can make a mediocre past seem like "the good ol' days".

This is the same reason you can watch a crappy, old movie or cartoon that you swore was the best thing in the world and realize how much it sucks. You view the past in rose-colored glasses.

We have a tendency to forget the bad and focus on the good. Hell, you may look back in 10 years and see today as one of your greatest days, unless it really sucks that is.

Probably 37-41. Loved my job and was with the girl of my dreams.

i've been lucky to have had many great moments in my life. if i had to choose, i guess i'd say the entire summer of 03' when i was 23. i went on a three-month journey throughout europe. it was the first time i had ever traveled alone, and in a foreign continent. met so many amazing people, had experiences that are priceless.

Honestly I have to admit I tend to think anyone who looks back on school as the best years of their life has either had a harsh one or is perhaps a bit of an immature asshole.

I mean that's really what school is much of the time isn't it? near constant social sparing with kids being bastards to each other until most hopefully develop a nicer side to them as they grow up. People who stay at that kind of level probably find they get away with it much less and don't have anything like the social standing or success they might have in school.

You sound like you had an awful Experience in school. I guess some do. Mine wasn’t like that at all. I find my life more fulfilling now, but it could never be that fun again. We had no real stress yet. Summers were really summers. It was about experiencing life...everything was an event. My group was about 15 deep, guys and girls, and we lived for each other. Still close with 6 30 years later. College was great too, but now the stress of real life loomed.....then real life and you have a career that definitely is a fun cockblock at times.

You sound like you had an awful Experience in school. I guess some do. Mine wasn’t like that at all. I find my life more fulfilling now, but it could never be that fun again. We had no real stress yet. Summers were really summers. It was about experiencing life...everything was an event. My group was about 15 deep, guys and girls, and we lived for each other. Still close with 6 30 years later. College was great too, but now the stress of real life loomed.....then real life and you have a career that definitely is a fun cockblock at times.

Honestly though what makes me say that is that I don't think I had an awful experience by typical standards, a pretty good school and I was around the middle of the pack socially yet still my main memories of it were boredom and antagonism.

I think theres an awful lot of rose tinted views of peoples school years personally, summer holidays yeah far more enjoyable but even then less freedom than what followed.

Ages 16-26 were some serious fun times. Since then, whatever. Passion seems to dwindle with age even when you experience something that is supposed to be new and exciting. Instead those experiences are merely interesting. Just glad I don't and won't have kids. Don't need that hitch in my giddy-up.

Right now (30). Wasn't a happy person before this age, but now i'm having more sex than I ever used to (which was none at all) and I feel like my life is finally starting. It's hard tho because I feel like I have to cram in everything I missed out in my 20s. But barring some unforseen tragedy, I think it can only go up from here

Back