When u go to a Live UFC event, do u get there for the Early Prelims, Prelims or just the Main Card ?

Dessyboy

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
How early do you get there for live UFC events ?

If you get there for the early Prelims, that could be 6 hours plus ! a long time to sit and drink for

If I'm paying what the UFC is asking I'm watching every fight.

Depends whose on the prelims. Wanna get there early but not so early that I'm blackout drunk by the main event and can't remember it

I've only ever been to 1 UFC event live. Unless your got really good seats I prefer to watch on TV or at a bar. With average seats I just found myself staring at the huge TV screens above the octagon and then bored between fights.

But I got there early and watched everything. Some of the best fights were the prelims.

I really like watching fighting at live small regional events where you are really close to the action and you can you see and feel everything. But alas I can't justify paying for seats like that at UFC events.

Last edited:
What kind of hick goes to these events?

You can't fast forward the boring parts.

We're sherdoggers, wtf we gotta do?

Gonna be there all day and on the forums after.

Most of us don't go to multiple events a year, i've been to three ( UFC 178 September 2014, FN 74 August 2015, UFC 215 September 2017) so when you experience it live you want to take it all in so i go for every fight.

If you put a bet on every fight and do your homework on all the fighters beforehand, it makes the whole card much more interesting. Time between fights does suck. You can usually sit in the really good seats if you get there early too.

I always got there for the prelims, I have been to 4 UFC live events, but I have not been for many years. In the first prelim you can see a lot more of the action, but later on when the arena fills up its just 95% staring at the big screen.

Show up 1 hour before prelims half drunk, get 3/4 drunk before first fight

Note: Yellow Wolf does not like being harrassed and called yellar fellar, but Carrie Underwoods husband finds it hysterical.

Live events are different, there's the atmosphere, crowd watching, lining up for the bogs etc

I've been to 4 events and from my experience the prelims are often the better part of the card. It's a more intimate setting which is a lot of fun when it's just you and your buddies getting a clear view.

By the time you get to the co-main fight the arena is stupid packed, damn near everyone is shit faced, and it ends up just you staring at the screen.

When I’m paying a couple hundred dollars for tickets I’m watch every fight.

I've been to 4 events and from my experience the prelims are often the better part of the card. It's a more intimate setting which is a lot of fun when it's just you and your buddies watching. By the time you get to the co-main fight the arena is stupid packed, damn near everyone is shit faced, and it ends up just you staring at the screen.
You and your buddies like intimate settings?
6Wyrtzl.gif

I just go to the main cards mostly unless there's a fight on the prelims I'm interested in

What kind of hick goes to these events?

You can't fast forward the boring parts.

Obviously you've never been. It's better live than watching on TV. Hearing the punches and kicks land. The thud of the Takedowns, the crowd going nuts.

Meeting fighters , many will chat for a bit. Even been out with some and dinner with two.

It's amazing live. Then again some thinking watching TV and playing video games is actually enjoying life. Taking part theres much more that what a camera shows.

I watch every fight.

Back