When Ken Shammy was a monster, for the old schoolers..

vnqjWoe.gif

full natty GOAT
Shamrock could've faked that RNC better. Almost looks WWE'esque.

Ken was a monster once upon a time. We all couldn't wait to see his next fight. Sure, the sport moved on and Ken stayed too long. But if you were interested in it back then, you haven't forgotten. It was fun and for many of us he helped introduce us to something we are still enjoying.

Everyone hating on Shammy for ped use as if the vast majority of pro athletes weren't all juiced to the gills. What's REALLY the issue with him that bothers people so?
The fact that he's been in so many works.

Ken Shamrock was a glorified jobber. He's not some "OG" or "GOAT".

In his prime, after getting tapped by Gracie and being granted a rematch... instead of going out to kill or be killed (to get revenge), he chose to lay and pray Royce (the much smaller guy) because he was scared of getting choked again.
First hw champ in us and Japan defended both belts
Yeah ok glorified lol?
Created first mma training team
Go troll somewhere else

Shamrock could've faked that RNC better. Almost looks WWE'esque.
He's just that fucked imo
He has too much legacy on line imo
Ken losing to kimbo at that point in their careers ken would never agree too

Ken was never that good. He gave royce a good fight which is really his claim to fame but even in his prime he was never the best. The sport needed him and tito for a time tho so I'm glad he fought but he's not some legend for me.
Without ken there wouldn't be UFC mma

Even if he was involved in some works. So what? You think that wasn't the norm in Pancrase? You think he was the only one to have any? Its a hardball world and sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to keep the lights on at home. I'm not saying Ken is the goat or that he's not had a share of bad career moves but to discredit the mans actual accomplishments and the fact he truly was a pioneer is just sheer stupidity

Even if he was involved in some works. So what? You think that wasn't the norm in Pancrase? You think he was the only one to have any? Its a hardball world and sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to keep the lights on at home. I'm not saying Ken is the goat or that he's not had a share of bad career moves but to discredit the mans actual accomplishments and the fact he truly was a pioneer is just sheer stupidity
Pancrase was no different than early UFC pride shooto
All had worked fights
Was early mma

How went from the guy in those Pancrase fights to not knowing how to properly secure an RNC is completely beyond me.
It was puzzling and ken is a cacc master and kimbo sucks on ground
I don't think was fixed though ken was 51

It was puzzling and ken is a cacc master and kimbo sucks on ground
I don't think was fixed though ken was 51

Yeah, I genuinely don’t think it was fixed either. If Ken had just never gotten him to the ground, gassed out, and fell to heavy punches I would totally get it. But it’s like he just forgot how to do a proper RNC... I mean plenty of older BJJ competitors who can’t hang with the 20 something’s but they are still technically sound.

I will always be baffled by that one.

Without ken there wouldn't be UFC mma

That's inaccurate I believe. Royce was the biggest draw at first and later in Ken's career Tito was the biggest draw. Ken certainly helped though by having rivalries with them.

Back