When Ken Shammy was a monster, for the old schoolers..

Royce was at his peak and best ever imo you disagree? Going into UFC 5 royce in prime ?
Ken was 1995
Ken UFC 1 93 he was very green
Yes weight difference but that was their thing wasn't it ?
Smaller man beat bigger man UFC 5 royce looked like a baby
Even tho it was a thing, weight and size difference has a lot to say. But then again big draw when a small fighter beats up all the bigger. If it was not for Royce the sport would not be as it is today, if it was not for Royce other fighters would start much later to mix up grappling and standing right? In UFC 5 they where almost in their prime maybe, but Ken still full of roids

Powerful topic with some top notch posting.

Shamrock deserves to be on the mount rushmore of MMA. Credit also goes to a lot of the Pancrase fighters who were definitely ahead of the pack during their era. I'm talking Funaki, Bas, Frank, Suzuki.

So you do remember him having that name? I remember it, unless I'm going crazy, but I couldn't find any reference to it online.

The foresight I meant was to invest his money wisely and protect his image. He is an absolute legend that has pretty much turned himself into a joke. I also heard he was broke and living in a trailer, etc.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl.../18/1575498/the-sad-spectacle-of-ken-shamrock
I remember KSham being called Ken "The Rock" Shamrock on one of the early UFCs. Might have been 3.

Shows age
Both in prime ken whooped him for 30 min in the deadly Gracie guard
Ken retired Gracie for 5 years and rightfully so

It certainly made Royce choosey with whom he fights. Before he was big on anybody, anytime, after being struck cleanly by Shamrock (size wasn’t a factor since anybody that height would have tagged Royce), Gracie learned that people aren’t going to fall for his standup antics and that the only threat is a submission, not even a takedown.

Even on the ground, the less experienced Ken learned that clamming up kept him relatively safe and that using a “Grind him out” strategy would work.” After the superfight, Royce tried to separate GJJ with a BJJ and got choked by the fireplug Wallid. Then after that, he only went after money fights against big monsters where the potential of losing wouldn’t look bad, which is why he chased Kerr.

He only fought Sakuraba because Helio wouldn’t sit back and let the Gracie name take the NC from the Royler debacle.

How many of his fights were fixes and real? The early ones maybe, but his Severn fight looked like they were both trying to throw it. Ive only seen a little of Pancrase, but his early UFCs were pure heart.
Haven't seen all of his Pancrase fights, but the ones I have look legit.

Though I have heard that Shamrock vs Matt Hume was a work. Need to see that one.

I do think Shamrock vs Fujita was a work. The way he stuffed Fujita's takedowns was weak as fuck and then has his corner throw in the towel then Mark Coleman is randomly in the crowd wearing a t-shirt that says "Mark Coleman" and challenges Fujita to a fight (fight never happened though since Fujita signed with K-1 after that)? Yeah . . . not fishy at all.

vnqjWoe.gif

full natty GOAT
That shit was so stupid

There is a highlight from Sherdog I like better.
Can't find it on YT.

vnqjWoe.gif

full natty GOAT

Still unreal that he couldn't finish an RNC on Kimbo (RIP) when he basically wasn't even defending. Maybe it was a work, but that has been said of too many Shamrock fights to take that claim on any of them seriously.

Still unreal that he couldn't finish an RNC on Kimbo (RIP) when he basically wasn't even defending. Maybe it was a work, but that has been said of too many Shamrock fights to take that claim on any of them seriously.
That's just how shady he is. A lot of them were.
The fact that he's been in so many works.
God yes. Hes Like a white bob sapp

Back