When exactly did UFC jump the shark

When they didn’t get Fedor because of their own negotiating tactics; and then tried to spin/blame it on other things. I think that’s when they realized they could spin anything and people would blindly believe it for the most part.

Not having Fedor fight in the UFC at least ONCE is the biggest tragedy of the sport

When they didn’t get Fedor because of their own negotiating tactics; and then tried to spin/blame it on other things. I think that’s when they realized they could spin anything and people would blindly believe it for the most part.

Fedor wasnt worth that much in the us market. He wanted co promotion, which was ridiculous.

The "world fucking domination" was pretty bad :)

Never jumped, but demeaned themselves with the Reebok deal. Forget costing the fighters money, why would they want to associate themselves with such a rubbish brand? Blech.

That Reebok Fight Kit unveiling was the most amateurish thing I've ever seen associated with the UFC. Looked like something that high school kids put on. Bruce Buffer doing those Motel 6 commercials during the introductions rates up there though.

Ronda being advertised as the most dominant female athlete in the history of the human race during the same time period didn't help.

Last edited:
r7umf6.jpg

Yeah that's 50 sharks later

I'm just trying to determine the first shark

i literally know guys that got jaded early in the zuffa era, they got so fed up of the politics and danas antics way back then. they still like mma but hate the ufc. over the years ill send them a good fight or a crazy highlight

Sometime around the boy band era

oqlrm2e.jpg

Unified ruleset and bunch of weight classes. Then drug testing.
Pretty much this.
It started with groin strikes declared illegal. Than USADA. The final straw was the discharge of Mario Yamasaki.

So much to choose from....

- Brock getting a title shot
- WMMA
- Interim-Mania
- Reebok and/or USADA
- WME purchase
- The money-fight era
- MayMac
- Dana turning into Conor's bitch
- CM Punk

CM Punk ...as far as being the best organization where you should be on a certain level to even enter. Brock vs Mir was not really bad because of the level of athlete he was..the level of wrestling he had...and how new the sport was. But Brock vs Hunt was the shark jump as far as the USADA era

There's always been a certain amount of cheese to it, but it just went full blown with WME. I never thought I'd miss a couple of rich, shady Italians so much.

Toney. That was the first deviation.

2 words: Ronda Rousey.

I just can’t take mma seriously anymore.

I like how some people say MayMac even though it was a boxing event but completely ignore Toney vs Couture.

the day the ufc hot dog brander came into existence

Does Sean Sherk have anything to do with this..
<{vega}>

Fedor wasnt worth that much in the us market. He wanted co promotion, which was ridiculous.

This. They literally offered him the biggest contract they had ever offered anyone at that point (reportedly 30 mil for 5 fights, although the Fedor fanboys deny it), and Fedor turned it down and took less money to fight elsewhere.

Back