When do you expect Mayweather/Mcgregor to be formally announced

18bd099267ee37367157fe0915dcde7d.jpg

dana-white-oh-yeah.gif

cCVBY6zn4NgSk.gif

giphy.gif
Looks like I am going eat crow

Somewhere around november if it happens in 2017.

Hopefully, it never gets announced, ever.

Not even close to a competitive fight, so why is it even being talked about? Have conor fight someone like Marquez first... Got $$ on Marquez :D

Was watching some of Conor's sparring videos on Youtube. Not good.
What I saw was very disconcerting.

-He is too erect in his stance.
-Cannot avoid punches and is a sitting duck to most counter punches.
-It looks like he tries to load up to throw a big shot but by the time he is ready his opponent is already out of range.

Right now I'm thinking the fight would look something like the Mayweather/Hatton contest. A shutout and butt whooping.

However, it could go downhill even faster and look like Mayweather/Gatti, which was a brutal annihilation.

Lord have mercy!...

If a proposed fight between Mayweather and McGregor goes down, it will be a boxing match. So with that assumption, let's look at a few numbers:
  1. Mayweather began boxing in 1996, retired in 2015, and has approximately 19 years of professional boxing experience. McGregor has no verifiable professional boxing experience (although, we'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he has been trained in boxing.) , McGregor's only verifiable pro experience is his MMA career, which gives him 9 years of pro fighting experience.
  2. Out of Mayweather's 49 victories, 53% of them have been delivered by way of knockout.Out of McGregor's 18 wins, 86% have been by knockout, 10% by decision, and 5% by submission. That means that 5% of Conor McGregor's wins are completely irrelevant to the discussion, and the decisions are kind of iffy because there is no way to consider time spent grappling into the metric.
  3. Of all of Mayweather's fights, 20 of those fights have been title defenses (not including title victories); Conor McGregor has won 5 different titles (including smaller promotions, interim championships, and undisputed championships) and has yet to defend a single one of them
I'm not a Floyd Mayweather fan at all, I'm not a fan of McGregor either. A fight this lopsided is either going to be boring or it's going to be a 3 round blow out and people are going to feel cheated out of their money. I appreciate what each of them have done for their respective sports, but what does either one have to gain by cross promoting and fighting each other?

Yeah that 5% that's irrelevant, so why are you using it to bolster your point? Dumb fuck

Never. Dana will not accept reasonable terms and will then claim Floyd ducked Conor. Something retarded. Or the whole thing is a PR stunt on both sides. I still think that. That's my guess.
It makes no damn sense unless Floyd gets the lion's share and then some, and if he does it doesn't leave enough for Dana to make it worth the clowning Floyd would get to do on Conor.

I can't wait for this circus to end, so both sports can move on and not mention each other.

I would be much more interested in seeing a Great White Shark go against a Saltwater Crocodile than this farce. Winner gets to eat Floyd and Conor.

Back