When did you change from Boxing to the UFC

Ill always like boxing. My grandpa was a huge fan as well as unwilling streetfighter in his youth. He said he was picked on a lot for being somewhat small, 5'8" 175ish but absolutely wouldnt take shit from anyone. Just different times when fighting wasnt so frowned upon and you were looked at as yellow for walking away or avoiding. Im digressing but people were just so much tougher seventy years ago.

Anway one of my favourite of his tales is the time he was being goaded on by a man he didnt know was an Olympic boxer. Long story short the Olympian tuned his ass but then asked him to the gym for a few sparring sessions after revealing his identity. Gramps went a bunch and became a lifelong boxing diehard. I dont have his passion for it but I did get mine from him since he was the most influential person in my life.

I never watched boxing, I only started getting into boxing because of MMA. I was put into wrestling at a young age, so when I started seeing that you could fuck people up with wrestling in MMA, I got hooked. The striking part looked even cooler so I started watching sports like boxing and shit.

I actually didn't completely stop watching but let's just say it was back in the Roy Jones/De la Hoya era. I'm 40 and grew up in the Hagler/Hearns/Duran/Leonard/Tyson/Tapia(Burque bitches) era. My dad is a hardcore fan and student from the Liston/Ali/Frazier/Foreman days for example and really got me into it in the early 80's.

So to sum it up both are awesome and exciting sports that have been ruined by two people. Conor and Floyd.

Last edited:
After the first episode of TUF season 1. I've mentioned this before on Sherdog, but I can say quite honestly I fully gave myself over to mma after watching that first episode. And I was a fairly avid boxing fan before that.

Edit: To clarify, I still watch boxing, alot of it. But it doesn't compare to mma in terms of how much I love it or how avidly I follow it.

Watch both, though, I've lost some interest in boxing a lil. Started watching since UFC 2, but didn't follow as a regular until 2003.
Still not sure why wwe/www is compared since it's not really a sport, but a scripted soap opera.

Never started with boxing, and neither did any of the people who I generally watch the events with. The whole sport just seemed to be held together by tape and glue sticks growing up.

We played the shit out of Knockout Kings and Fight Night though.

never really watched boxing

the 3-4 fights I've seen in the last 10 years were always boring

You mean WWE to MMA? It would be mpre fitting here.

Oscar vs Mosley was probably the last great fight I watched

MMA is by far Number one. I attend live Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Boxing and MMA events and the MMA shows always deliver more often.

Boxing is good atm for us Brits which is cool.

I didnt, but i do watch more mma than boxing tho.

never did. i watch all combat sport.

Boxing has been getting very good with its match making of late. Champions are actually fighting other champions.

Floyd/Pac
Floyd/Maidana 1 &2
Canelo/Lara
Thurman/Garcia
GGG/Jacobs
Ward/Kovalev
And Joshua/ Klitcho

Never started with boxing, and neither did any of the people who I generally watch the events with. The whole sport just seemed to be held together by tape and glue sticks growing up.

We played the shit out of Knockout Kings and Fight Night though.
Ahh good ole knockout kings, I used to love that game!!.

512EMKSMWZL._SY445_.jpg

Might be 2002 but as fun to play as any modern fighting game. Used to spend hours on it

Still love boxing, still watch the bigger fights. But no question that MMA has taken over my love for combat sports.

Lets see, I was really enjoying watching both in the 00s and early 2010s. I think the 'change' started around 2013. The reason was I was so bitter that May-Pac still didn't happen and after Pacquiao's terrible 2013 I thought it would never happen.

I just lost more and more interest in the sport while MMA was getting bigger and bigger.

When I realized it was back on TV and watched the TUF finale

Ahh good ole knockout kings, I used to love that game!!.

512EMKSMWZL._SY445_.jpg

Might be 2002 but as fun to play as any modern fighting game. Used to spend hours on it

nus-nkke-usa-cb.jpg

This was the first game that we played, I remember my mind being blown the first time we played the ps2 version

i changed from UFC to boxing (still watch ufc). mma striking is just too sloppy.

i think most mma fans transitioned from wwe.

I watch both but have been watching boxing more than mma past 2 years

I do have a friend who was a huge boxing fan but went full mma now never watches boxing

It first started when his wife started cheating on him , then he got fat , started trolling forums , using words like cuck, claiming everyone works at McDonald's and telling me how another man is goat, very sad indeed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back