When did you change from Boxing to the UFC

I actually was always into MMA and never really found boxing all that appealing. I have started to appreciate boxing more.... but then I found Lethwei fights and that's the end of boxing for me.

Real fight fans dont change. We enjoy all combat.

Ufc brought me to boxing I am thankful for this it is the sport of kings

I'm a fan of both actually. If anything I'm shifting back towards boxing and less with mma. I like to pay to see people get punched and use great technique to defend. I'm almost guaranteed this with boxing.

Mid-Nineties. Royce Gracie was my first MMA hero. Proved little guys were still dangerous. Still watched a bit of wrestling though. Then I fell in love with Don Frye's mustache and never looked back

if you actually had to switch from boxing to mma i just hope you were born in the 70s or earlier..

I was a huge Tyson fan in the 80s as well as a fan of the fabulous four (Hagler, Hearns, Duran and Leonard) but was also a huge pro wrestling and martial arts movie aficionado too. Stan "the man" Longinidis made me a fan of kick boxing and later Bonjasky, Hoost, Aerts, Hug, Sefo, Lebanner etc made me a K1 fan. I transitioned to MMA while I was a WWF fan because I wanted to see how Ken Shamrock would do in a real fight. I thought BJJ and grappling in general was kinda gay until I started learning it and got repeatedly owned by guys a lot smaller than me.

Boxing has been getting very good with its match making of late. Champions are actually fighting other champions.

Floyd/Pac
Floyd/Maidana 1 &2
Canelo/Lara
Thurman/Garcia
GGG/Jacobs
Ward/Kovalev
Who you got out of GGG and Canelo?

I got into watching the UFC before boxing actually. I started following MMA in '95 while boxing around '97. I did watch some of the big fights in the 80s, but only the high profile boxing matches.

Summer of 1998. I continued to follow boxing for a while, but watched less and less after De La Hoya retired.

Probably when TUF was first aired here in Finland, lol. At that point I had only seen Tony Halme get owned by Couture and some Tank Abbott madness, but it looked more like a sport by the time TUF showed up.

I still appreciate good boxers and their technique, but sitting through a full card is a bit much at this point. It just seems limited, especially when you see so many openings for something other than punches.

Personally I still love Boxing but it seems like most people are either "Boxing" guys or "MMA" guys these days with few crossovers like myself. With very few being huge fans of both, so my question is when did you lose interest in boxing and become a fan of the UFC? Or were always a MMA/UFC guy?

Never, I watch both and am a huge fan of both as well as Kickboxing. The UFC has never really been able to capture the same atmosphere and feel of a huge Boxing match for me though, there just seems to be a different kind of energy in a big match that is like nothing else.

Personally I still love Boxing but it seems like most people are either "Boxing" guys or "MMA" guys these days with few crossovers like myself. With very few being huge fans of both, so my question is when did you lose interest in boxing and become a fan of the UFC? Or were always a MMA/UFC guy?

I still love both, but boxing is in a bad place at the moment... i don't really care about many of the fighters, wish Alvarez and Golovkin would fight.

April 29th 1992.....

But there was a riot going on in the streets then. Where were you?

Just realized I fucked that up. Thought you were going for a Sublime reference but that would have been April. 26th 1992

Early 2000s. I was a big boxing fan in the 90s and had interest in the UFC. Around 2001 I got much more interested in mma with Pride rising and the UFC getting bigger

But there was a riot going on in the streets then. Where were you?
Probably when TUF was first aired here in Finland, lol. At that point I had only seen Tony Halme get owned by Couture and some Tank Abbott madness, but it looked more like a sport by the time TUF showed up.

I still appreciate good boxers and their technique, but sitting through a full card is a bit much at this point. It just seems limited, especially when you see so many openings for something other than punches.

Well you wouldn't see those openings if they were doing something other than Boxing but I get what you mean, lol.

Back