When did the change from conservatives to alt-right happend?

Nice try at what? Getting GG losers to think rationally? I'd guess that it won't work next time either, but for people who are actually interested in understanding what's going on, it's useful info.
Not really, as I said it omits key details. For instance, on GG it completely omits the charges that gaming journalists and indie developers had a compromise relationship with one another which was what actually sparked outrage at the Zoe Quinn incident. Even anti-GG folks would sarcastically mention "ethics in video games journalism" but your article left that part out completely.

Not really, as I said it omits key details. For instance, on GG it completely omits the charges that gaming journalists and indie developers had a compromise relationship with one another which was what actually sparked outrage at the Zoe Quinn incident. Even anti-GG folks would sarcastically mention "ethics in video games journalism" but your article left that part out completely.

The sarcastic mentions were because the assertion was so obviously false.

Ed: Also note that, as I mentioned in another post, while these GG idiots are on his side, they're a tiny slice of the electorate and not his base. Trump is under 30% approval with adults under 29 and under 40% with 30-49-year-olds. He has majority support among 65-plus-year-olds.

http://www.people-press.org/2017/02...p-are-already-strongly-felt-deeply-polarized/

Last edited:
The sarcastic mentions were because the assertion was so obviously false.
No, the sarcastic mentions were a defense mechanism from "journalists" who had lost all credibility.

No, the sarcastic mentions were a defense mechanism from "journalists" who had lost all credibility.

No, the claims of conflicts of interest were false, and were never credible. Very few people were stupid enough to fall for either the assertions or the especially the idea that it was ever "actually about ethics in gaming journalism." That's why the claim was a joke.

No shift. You guys just started labeling them as such the morning after Hillary lost. Get over it.

No, the claims of conflicts of interest were false, and were never credible. Very few people were stupid enough to fall for either the assertions or the especially the idea that it was ever "actually about ethics in gaming journalism." That's why the claim was a joke.
The claims were credible and plenty of stuff was uncovered. I doubt you would know of or even entertain it though given you described your earlier source, one which omitted a huge dimension of GG, as a good source of info on the matter. From the beginning your mind was made up it seems, no point in trying to change it.

The claims were credible and plenty of stuff was uncovered. I doubt you would know of or even entertain it though given you described your earlier source, one which omitted a huge dimension of GG, as a good source of info on the matter. From the beginning your mind was made up it seems, no point in trying to change it.

My mind is made up because I've read multiple credible sources on the veracity of the claims and seen primary evidence that refutes your assertions. The fact that you're wrong is well-established, and your only counter is unsupported gainsaying.

My mind is made up because I've read multiple credible sources on the veracity of the claims and seen primary evidence that refutes your assertions. The fact that you're wrong is well-established, and your only counter is unsupported gainsaying.
If your earlier article is any indication then I highly doubt that.

If your earlier article is any indication then I highly doubt that.

If your emo reaction to it is any indication, I doubt your ability to objectively judge credibility here.

Ed: If you want a source list, WaPo, Vox, Gawker, and links in their pieces on it, plus the Wiki page.

Last edited:
If your emo reaction to it is any indication, I doubt your ability to objectively judge credibility here.
<36>

hillary-clinton-how-do-you-do.png

JVS^ in a nutshell ladies and gentlemen. But please, tell me more about video games and youth culture.

It is a combined backlash against BLM, LGBT, and immigration/refugee

There is an opposite for everything

Is started with the Tea Party and becoming completely obstructionistsatisfied to anything Obama tries to do.

They lost control when Boehner stepped down. He realized he lost control of the nut house and gave up.

Trump was when the dog whistle turned into an air horn
The tea party has absolutely nothing to do with the alt-right at all.

It started with the Tea Party. It compounded by losing to BHO twice, who if you'll remember, legitimately 40% of them still believe he is a Kenyan.

It's a bitter push back against living in a flyover state, a rural area, lacking education, and being generally looked down upon by coastal America for being bumpkins.

I don't blame them for lashing out, it's natural to do so after having made so many poor life choices that they are at the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder.

The goal should be to educate them, but circle back to that whole "being looked down upon by them dadgum university elites" and now they are antieducation as well, they actually believe a University campus is just full of snowflakes.

Ignorance is bliss.

I wonder why the vast majority of people who take such tests, no matter where, end up in the libertarian half, yet a tremendous amount of people advocates policies which couldn't be further from being based on libertarian core beliefs. Very dishonest.

Alt-Right as term existed loong before BLM .
It did not explode into mainstream popularity with normal conservatives espousing beliefs similar to those of self-professed alt-righters until afterwards. I thought this was about how much more extreme everyday conservatives have become. Before the growth of BLM, LGBTQ news, safe spaces, identity politics, and super political correctness in general the alt-right was a tiny fringe group that most people who don't closely follow politics had never heard of. The people who identify as alt-right is still a relatively small group, but many of their beliefs have gained a lot of traction.

It started with the Tea Party.

Ignorance is bliss.
Yeah you guys can repeat that but it doesn't make it true.
The alt-righters explicitly are an anti-conservative movement and understand themselves as such.
They actively and openly deny the importance of conservative principles.
The tea-party arguably pushed more into conservatism, coming from a party which aligned themselves more and more with centrist views without any profile.

Yeah you guys can repeat that but it doesn't make it true.
The alt-righters explicitly are an anti-conservative movement and understand themselves as such.
They actively and openly deny the importance of conservative principles.
The tea-party arguably pushed more into conservatism, coming from a party which aligned themselves more and more with centrist views without any profile.
I think both the Tea Party and the alt right are symptoms of the same cause; distrust in the Republican establishment. But as you point out, they are very different reactions.

Back