When did Max Holloway suddenly become the best fighter on the planet?

Max would beat Conor at 145. 155 id favour conor
Obviously Conor would be favored against Holloway... Already has that W over him. I still think Conor's style is going to give Max fits. It did last time. Both have improved, Max more so. With Conor's inactivity maybe that favorite line drops a little, but he justifiably should be the fav.

And I'll add like that other guy said, ain't no way in hell Mcgregor and make 145 again.

To put it in perspective, Max was like not long out of fucking high school when that fight happened. I'm not saying it's a given that Max would win the rematch. It is not. However, if you can't understand how things would be different this time around then I don't think I can help you.

Guy is on a 12 fight win streak with 2 wins over the greatest FW of all time.
The best FW fighter of all time? I t hought that was supposed to be Max?

PS. This was after Conor destroyed said "greatest of all time."

Like let me know when Max fights and beats people that Conor didn't walk through in mere seconds.

I've been reading all kinds of media headlines describing him as an unbeatable force of death, and ignored it because I remember him getting bullied hard by people like Poirier and McGregor

But then I watched this video by the UFC and I'm just like wait, are they serious right now?

(starts at 23:59).

Like where in the world does this even come from? I don't think any serious MMA fan thinks Max Holloway is the best 145 pounder on the planet, and he's gotten punked by a lot of guys.

Well he is the only ond that got mentioned by Drake on his new album, that means something for his name and popularity in the future

So you really think that Max Holloway wouldn't get destroyed by Conor now?

Conor sucks. He took a loss 8 years ago to some jobber. Then he took a loss to a vacation camp guy still drunk on tequila three years ago.

OP is just an old troll account, it's owner probably forgot the password and only retrieved it yesterday.

Max has been on like a 12 fight win streak, and would beat the people he lost to as a 19-20 year old in rematches today, so yeah he's one of the best currently doing it.

Max Holloway is the p4p #1 fighter in all of MMA.

I'm going to spit pure, cold, hard true facts in this post.

The facts I'm about to say will INFURIATE some of you. I dont give a fuck you virgin nerd. Facts are facts.

Max Holloway IS the best current FW in the world!

But.....that's only because Conor is letting him be. If Conor had the incentive he could easily, yes easily, cut down to 145 again and take that belt away from Max easier than taking a light jog.

Maz is riding an insane hypetrain right now because he beat Aldo in two slugfests. Meanwhile Conor beat Aldo so fast people missed it when they went to get another beer.

Look what Pehead did to Max.....Look what Conor did to Peahead.

And then we always have the head to head fight between Conor and Max...

Inb4 OMG MAX WAS ONLY 9 YEARS OLD YOU FUCKING CONER NUTHUGGER!!Q!11!

He's a great fighter, and still very young, I think he'll smash the win record in the UFC.

He's far from unbeatable though.

His forward pace is his best attribute, he overwhelms fighter similar to the Diaz Bros.

Dunno about best, but finishing Aldo twice in Round 3 or so says something.

He's a great fighter, and still very young, I think he'll smash the win record in the UFC.
I don't think he can make 145 long enough to smash the record tbh.

He got destroyed by Poirier, who got destroyed by Conor.

Conor destroyed Holloway as well.

I just can't see him as the best featherweight. Sorry.
Well he fights at FW. the two guys that beat him do not.

But.....that's only because Conor is letting him be. If Conor had the incentive he could easily, yes easily, cut down to 145 again and take that belt away from Max easier than taking a light jog.

Talk is cheap.

Im more impressed by Brian Ortega than I am with Max to be honest. Never seen an mma fighter develoupe elite striking in just one year. So many mma fighters needs 5+ years to even get close to Tcitys level of striking imo. And he has that super high level jits which is hes bread and butter. Ill get on the Max train if he finishes Ortega. If Max wins by close decision Ortega is still my favourite Flyweight.

He got destroyed by Poirier, who got destroyed by Conor.

Conor destroyed Holloway as well.

I just can't see him as the best featherweight. Sorry.
People just look to diminish Conor because they 'find his fans annoying', so they even say guys that he absolutely mauled on one leg couldn't beat him now. It's pretty simple.

Ortega is still my favourite Flyweight
Thats nice
Im more impressed by Brian Ortega than I am with Max to be honest. Never seen an mma fighter develoupe elite striking in just one year. So many mma fighters needs 5+ years to even get close to Tcitys level of striking
What level of striking are you talking about?He gets outstruck almost every fight.

Conor is not the greatest featherweight ever because he lost to Joe Duffy by submission. Even-though that was a decade ago. Conor can't survive a 5 round fight, he get tired after 3. Anyone with a good chin and great cardio (Nate Diaz, Holloway, Ferguson) can put Conor away if he cant knock them out in the first 2. Holloway took hits from the hardest hitting 145 pounders. Also threw down with lamas in the 3rd round despite a slugfest. Thus great cardio
See where I'm going with this

The Poirer fight was was only a few weeks notice for Max
Would smash Poirer in a rematch.

Got robbed in a split decision against Bermudez when all Bermudez did was hump his leg against the cage.
Would destroy him in a rematch

As for the Conor fight well Prime Conor had to resort to panic grappling a young kid in Max who broke his foot in the 1st round to get the win.

Would beat Conor in a 5 round rematch now.

I don't think he can make 145 long enough to smash the record tbh.
I'm talking about the overall win record of 20 that Bisping, GSP and Cerrone share.

Max has 15 UFC wins at 26 years old, if he hangs around for another 8-10 years he could end up with 30+ wins.

He became the best when he smoked Aldo twice and won 12 straight.

Back