when did it become OK to turn on your cell phone flashlight in the theatre?

rustledjimjams

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
is this something new or are people just that stupid and inconsiderate of others? happened at least 3 or 4 times this morning at the 10 am showing of black panther. first and second time were people showing up late like 1030 ish right as the movie starts rolling the intro scene, literally walking up the stairs using there bright as flash light to find there seat. 3rd and 4th time it was a middle age lady to my right turning it on to look for something in her purse. like wtf. why are people so damn stupid! or am i just an a hole?

showing of black panther

White people just trying to ruin this historic black occasion bro

Probably around the same time they started using them at haunted houses, which is about the stupidest shit ever. Why even go?

I always wait a few weeks before seeing a movie. Let the crowds die down.

Because people are getting more and more autistic these days. Politeness and etiquette are things of the past.

Assholes will always find something to make their presence known.

I cant go to the theaters any more. How inconsiderate people are make me wish genuinely evil things on humanity. People just hold full volume conversations not only during the movie, but during really quiet and important parts of the movie.

anyone that does that deserves the brazen bull and I'm not joking

You're right better to trip and fall all over the movie theatre when they're late rather than use a flashlight, then deal with a commotion when they have to get carried out by staff or EMT.

Or better still, just have people standing next to you for 5 mins waiting for a staff member to guide them to their seats, who will also use....a flashlight to guide them to their seats.

75% of people are inconsiderate scum. I don't even bother going to theaters anymore. Assholes ruin every movie I go to.

You're right better to trip and fall all over the movie theatre when they're late rather than use a flashlight, then deal with a commotion when they have to get carried out by staff or EMT.

Or better still, just have people standing next to you for 5 mins waiting for a staff member to guide them to their seats, who will also use....a flashlight to guide them to their seats.

lastofthemohican=autismo cringington

Are you skipping class to see movies son?
I'd like to have a word with your teacher.

Have a seat over there

I always wait a few weeks before seeing a movie. Let the crowds die down.
I do the same thing and if I can I catch an early bird screening it is like having an entire theater to yourself.

That's why I go to the fancy theater. Assigned seating on sofas, fine dining service, and no kids. Eliminating the broke crowd usually eradicates such problems but just in case there is security.

Neither of those instances should even be a slight inconvenience to you.

In fact both of those actions saved time and noise.

Old folks get a pass. But younger peeps? Man, theater has runway lights for a reason.

I do the same thing and if I can I catch an early bird screening it is like having an entire theater to yourself.
i did... this was a 10am showing this morning and the room ended up being 3/4 full.

Neither of those instances should even be a slight inconvenience to you.

In fact both of those actions saved time and noise.

i understand what selective attention is bro so i try not to be bothered. but when your swinging the light around into peoples faces and not pointing it directly at what you need to see then it becomes an inconvenience

75% of people are inconsiderate scum. I don't even bother going to theaters anymore. Assholes ruin every movie I go to.
75% of people? come on.

I gone to full movie theaters, for the most part, most people are good.

i understand what selective attention is bro so i try not to be bothered. but when your swinging the light around into peoples faces and not pointing it directly at what you need to see then it becomes an inconvenience

Did they stick it in people's faces? Cause they aren't high powered enough to bother you otherwise.

Plenty of etiquette breeches out there, this doesn't sound like one.

Did they stick it in people's faces? Cause they aren't high powered enough to bother you otherwise.

Plenty of etiquette breeches out there, this doesn't sound like one.
autismo cringington is that you?

Back