When Bresnar destroyed that korean tomato can

Highlights: no glove touch, biggest punch after the bell.
You forgot the best highlight of them all: Bill Goldberg on commentary, throwing professionalism out the window and celebrating like a meathead when Brock won.

There was also an “A-level” athlete that fought that night named Johnnie Morton who played in the NFL with the Detroit Lions. He was a huge favorite going in and got knocked silly by an African booty scratcher who was a part time comedian.

XoV8ng.gif

people really need to stop with this "a level athlete" shit...no such thing...It's a figment of sherdog idiots...what makes someone great in football or some other sport, doesn't make them good at fighting...just cause you can jump high, or dunk a basketball or run really fast, doesn't mean you can be a good fighter...I bet you george foreman couldn't run very fast or play basketball, yet he would knock out any of these so called "a level athletes" you sherdog idiots mention...foreman in his prime that is...

Brock was supposed to fight this in his first fight:

52e1a53e3a318d9400de5034c97da85ecd3308ec_hq.jpg
LesnarHMC.jpg

They wanted that full freak fight feel but was pulled and the replacement was the Judo medalist that turn out to be a total bust in terms of MMA.. he did beat up Minowoman.

Dana White wanted Brock to have at least 1 real fight before he went to the UFC to show that he could do it and not just rely on physicality and his wrestling D1 champ status. (lol I guess the requirements are down now in recent times)

Korean guy said Brock is fake fighter and he should stay in WWE... Brock smash.

44940.jpg
I remember how nuts this forum was with everyone saying Brock didn't belong in UFC, then a year later he is UFC HW champ.

Good passing from half guard to mount. Kept his balance and worked GNP. For mma debut standards he did great.

people really need to stop with this "a level athlete" shit...no such thing...It's a figment of sherdog idiots...what makes someone great in football or some other sport, doesn't make them good at fighting...just cause you can jump high, or dunk a basketball or run really fast, doesn't mean you can be a good fighter...I bet you george foreman couldn't run very fast or play basketball, yet he would knock out any of these so called "a level athletes" you sherdog idiots mention...foreman in his prime that is...

Kim himself was a Olympic silver medalist judoka.

I agree with you mostly, although I think there would certainly be a strong correlation with better athletes and level of success just due to pure physicality. At the end of the day even Stipe or Anthony Joshua can't fuck with a gorilla in a fight (extreme example).

I still feel robbed of the Lesnar vs HMC showdown, Choi had good TDD!

I was being satirical if you didn’t notice..

I agree with you mostly, although I think there would certainly be a strong correlation with better athletes and level of success just due to pure physicality. At the end of the day even Stipe or Anthony Joshua can't fuck with a gorilla in a fight (extreme example).

I think it entirely possible that Hong Man could've won that fight. It's funny to imagine these alternate reality histories...

Not sure what a gorilla has to do with it? haha a 400lb silver back would rip your arm off and beat you with it...or just simply crush your skull...but gorilla's for the most part are very docile, gentle animals...unless you threaten their family.

Johnnie weighed 190 something according to Google, he was no A-level athlete by the standards used on Sherdog. Manlet who's too small even for MW :p

Without roid she Brock is just a skinny farmer from south dekota who looks like Hank Hill.

There was also an “A-level” athlete that fought that night named Johnnie Morton who played in the NFL with the Detroit Lions. He was a huge favorite going in and got knocked silly by an African booty scratcher who was a part time comedian.

XoV8ng.gif

But I thought A-level athletes didn't need to actually train MMA but could dominate regardless. Has Sherdog lied to me??

God damn I was actually at this event in Los Angeles.

Tickets were like 10$ and eventually they started giving them out to people to get people to show up. The colleseum was so damn big it was impossible to get the seats filled.

I forget i actually got to see Sakuraba fight in my lifetime. That’s nuts.

Damn I was a baby faced 18 year old back then.

Yea, I always forget that I was there live to see Fedor get pounded by Bigfoot.

I remember a handful of people cheered, but the majority of the stadium was stunned.

I just stood there like a fool with my mouth open... Just like when I saw Silva smoke griffin... That one I legit thought was fixed.

Saw that fight live! Met Josh Barnett, Krazy Horse and Jake Shields that day too.

Speak for yourself you lil cornball weakling. You’re the type of asian that gives us a bad wrap. Have some damn dignity.
just now saw fedz in your av... and youve had that av for a while

Yea, I always forget that I was there live to see Fedor get pounded by Bigfoot.

I remember a handful of people cheered, but the majority of the stadium was stunned.

I just stood there like a fool with my mouth open... Just like when I saw Silva smoke griffin... That one I legit thought was fixed.
they ruined that tournament with stupid matchmaking

they ruined that tournament with stupid matchmaking

I didn't think so.
The whole show was amazing. The entrances, music, the fighters, whole setup was awesome.
Its what reinvigorated the heavyweights. Cormier included.
Very reminiscent of the old pride days.

I didn't think so.
The whole show was amazing. The entrances, music, the fighters, whole setup was awesome.
Its what reinvigorated the heavyweights. Cormier included.
Very reminiscent of the old pride days.
haha ok ill take that one back

Back