When Bellator Goes Under....

You're thinking US only. Viacom/Spike has channels all over the world for which Bellator is basically free quality (looking at least) programming that they own. Slightly different situation than comparing it to some programming in one country they didn't own. Unless Bellator is losing massive amounts of money within the US, I'd think they'll keep it around.
This is important.

Here in Argentina you can watch almost every Bellator card Live on Fox Sports. And they dont do bad ratings because there are casuals that tune.

Fridays 22:00hs.. I guess Fox pays them some money to be there right?

PS: A few years ago Fox Sports used to broadcast UFC and then they switched to Bellator from one day to another. I guess 95% of people that watch did not even realize.

This is important.

Here in Argentina you can watch almost every Bellator card Live on Fox Sports. And they dont do bad ratings because there are casuals that tune.

Fridays 22:00hs.. I guess Fox pays them some money to be there right?

PS: A few years ago Fox Sports used to broadcast UFC and then they switched to Bellator from one day to another. I guess 95% of people that watch did not even realize.
Is bellator that popular in Latin America? I've read a couple of times from posters from Latin America saying that bellator actually gets decent ratings in a lot of Latin American countries.

That is one of my main points. Bellator has like 140 tv deals across the globe. Even if they aren't getting money from a lot of those, they are getting world wide exposure. Mma is a long term investment that will take years for it to pay dividends.

At least I got to see a guy's head cave in then immediately get caught with a pokeball.

Is bellator that popular in Latin America? I've read a couple of times from posters from Latin America saying that bellator actually gets decent ratings in a lot of Latin American countries.

That is one of my main points. Bellator has like 140 tv deals across the globe. Even if they aren't getting money from a lot of those, they are getting world wide exposure. Mma is a long term investment that will take years for it to pay dividends.
Bellator is not popular in Argentina and neither is the UFC. First PPV I hear it was buy it was UFC 202 and a couple of guys from my gym (from Muay Thai) purchased and watched all together.

But people is zapping on a friday and when they see 2 guys in a cage fighting and they stay tuned. My father who never even liked boxing sometimes calls me and tell me: "Hey, are you watching the fights??" He hates King Mo LOL.

Now with Santiago Ponzinibbio we are getting a few articles in news sites when he fight but he is not a big star here.

There is not a fanbase or anything like that here but MMA is pretty attractive for casuals. Fox Sport knows it and they air the shows.

According to Shlemenko he is scheduled to fight in October (in Bellator). He said that he can't reveal his opponent at the moment but it is the most famous guy at Bellator's MW roster.
Cool to hear Shlemenko has a fight. As far as most famous fighters in Bellator MW go, I came up with a couple of options:

Joe Schilling - This match wouldn't make much sense but I don't think Bellator gives a fuck at this point.
Royce Gracie - Not at all likely but Gracie is literally the most famous guy in the MW roster lol.
Melvin Manhoef - Pretty famous amongst hardcores. They could go with this rematch considering how bad things are in the division

Personally, I don't think any of those fights make sense. I could have listed Brandon Halsey and Kendall Grove but they're not listed on the Bellator website anymore.

Cool to hear Shlemenko has a fight. As far as most famous fighters in Bellator MW go, I came up with a couple of options:

Joe Schilling - This match wouldn't make much sense but I don't think Bellator gives a fuck at this point.
Royce Gracie - Not at all likely but Gracie is literally the most famous guy in the MW roster lol.
Melvin Manhoef - Pretty famous amongst hardcores. They could go with this rematch considering how bad things are in the division

Personally, I don't think any of those fights make sense. I could have listed Brandon Halsey and Kendall Grove but they're not listed on the Bellator website anymore.
I thought that Sakara might return to MW. Or he doesn't have such plans?

I've been to Mexico more times than I can count. I've only ever managed to catch one Bellator fight on Mexican television. It was about two years ago and it was a repeat of the Curran/Straus fight from 2014. I believe it was on Fox Sports too. Only a few people have the luxury of having more than 5 channels on their TV in Mexico and Fox Sports isn't ever included in those packages. I happened to come across it when I was in a beach hotel.

As far as how popular Bellator is, I've never heard anybody talking about it but MMA as a whole isn't popular in Mexico anyways. I do remember Weidman vs Silva 2 and the TUF with Cain Velasquez airing on one of the basic channels. The most you'll get is someone who may know of Cain Velasquez but isn't really a fan.

He should get an immediate title shot.

I thought I saw somewhere that it was already announced or out that it was shlemenko vs Kendall Grove

Back