When beginners don't "play the game" | Page 2

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by Dougall, Sep 7, 2017.

1. TheBookofSpeed White Belt

TheBookofSpeed
    Sure I am, if we're counting how many times I got done what I planned to during the session. :)

2. Ilk Orange Belt

Ilk
    I really had this guy that is a son of a thug in the gym. We were training partners for awhile, but then I tried to escape him as he is not good to train with. He goes hard even on partner drills. The guy also weights as much as I do and is full of muscles, so he is way stronger. I am slightly fat and I weight about 90kg. It is not a fun a 90kg strong person going for the KO with half of his hits even in partner drills.

Always when sparring with him I went to survival mode and defence mostly as I was afraid to get countered and unless I had some clean hit or my typical jab-low kick, or jab play I did not do much of another offence. The guy once KO-ed me with a brutal kick to the stomach when it was obvious I lost balance and had no way to defend myself against anything, and he sees the opportunity and roundhouses me to the stomach, I missed 1 week training out of pain.

Since then I ve sparred him only once and I went full on fighting and although I suffered a lot, I made him pay too. It was some brutal fight, going to the mud as j123 said and the other guys did enjoy the show haha :D That day he got a lot of beating as most advanced guys did not pay him any newbie respect too. Someone even bleeded his nose out with a nice cross.

I have no sparred in this gym anymore as I was changing locations yet again.

3. j123 Pro Sherdogger 500-0-1

j123
    TS is ducking competition. Dana White would not sign.