When Americans are asked to name the most important problem facing the nation...

Is the OP so low IQ as to not consider what falls under the heading of "immigrantion"?

A person could say the most important issue is the administration's separation of families and refusal and inability to reunite and that would be a point for immigration the same as someone saying we are being invaded by a horde of raping Mexicans.

Similarly someone could say the most important issue is Russia and they could mean "Trump is a treasonous cuck owned by Russia" or "the lying media is trying to start a war"

Not only is the poll poorly constructed but even at face value someone saying X is the most important issue says nothing about where they fall on that issue.

before opening the link:
1. income inequality (pretty broad term that also encompasses opportunity, upward mobility, living wages)
2. political division (caused by politicians and the media)
3. sense of self as a nation - how can we go on pretending we're the best when we kill or help kill millions of innocent people, overthrow democracies, and befriend dictators.

The biggest problem facing us right now is the lack of a solid manufacturing base and an ever dwindling upwardly mobile middle class.

without reading it...

political corruption is the #1 problem in the US today IMO. Or healthcare cost is #1 but the root of that problem includes political corruption....

I can never keep up with the constant flip flopping of the Benedict Trumpers. So Polls are good now, or they only good if they push forward your narrative, because I remember the Benedict Trumpers used to make fun of polls.
Any way you Benedict Trumpers could put out a weekly flyer so I can keep up with your current position on issues. It should be daily because that is how fast the narrative flips, but a weekly one will be sufficient for my needs.

National debt, government corruption/wars and health care are all important problems.

From what i observe from down here i'd say the Democratic Party. They say Trump has divided the nation but it's them who have done this with their addiction to Donald Trump. Their obsessive hate for the guy every single day.

1. Healthcare cost and access.
2. Cost of higher education.
3. Stagnant wages.

This doesn’t mean that I don’t think Russia attacking our elections matters, TS. See how dumb that logic is?

Immigration is the #1 problem in America? Lol.

Gonna start selling binoculars to help with vision problems. I might make a killing.
Something tells me you could ask the question: “Which topic has been in the news cycle the most recently?” And you’d get virtually identical results.

Last edited:
Overall - Education.
Currently - Identity Politics

I think most of our gun, poverty, violence, gangs, drugs, etc. all comes down to education. Our culture doesn't raise up intelligence and smart people enough. Instead of our heroes being scientists, mathematicians and the like, we raise up people like the Kardashians or criminals.

Right now though, identity politics is killing society. Everyone wants to be labeled and have their own separate group they identify with. We fought decades to make everyone equal and made it where identity didn't matter. In a few short years, all of that has been undone and people seem to want segregation. It's getting out of hand.

Overall - Education.
Currently - Identity Politics

I think most of our gun, poverty, violence, gangs, drugs, etc. all comes down to education. Our culture doesn't raise up intelligence and smart people enough. Instead of our heroes being scientists, mathematicians and the like, we raise up people like the Kardashians or criminals.

Right now though, identity politics is killing society. Everyone wants to be labeled and have their own separate group they identify with. We fought decades to make everyone equal and made it where identity didn't matter. In a few short years, all of that has been undone and people seem to want segregation. It's getting out of hand.

How asian of you...

I approve!

Plain and simply, good old fashioned greed and corruption are the biggest problems.

The other biggest problem is the two party system which encourages that one side be against the other, creating nothing but animosity and fueling the fire of hatred.

Back