When a fighter tests positive, have they always been cheating?

just assume the obvious that at the time of testing they were using and that is impossible to tell how long they were using prior to being caught.

When you see a fighter tests positive for something, obviously it puts their whole career in question.

The question I want to ask is, if a fighter tests positive, do you immediately assumed they've cheated throughout their whole career?

For me, guys like Anderson and Werdum, I don't think they've been roiding their whole career, I think they may have took something recently due to their age more than anything. Still doesn't make it acceptable and they deserve the bans although I don't believe Werdum was roiding back in the Fedor fight and that time period.

So when a fighter tests positive, do you still believe that this may be a one off instance? Or do you think that they've got away with it for years and have only just been caught? I tend to find myself more of the former.

I believe that they made bad decisions that will justifiably call into question everything they've ever done in their career.
They were the ones who introduced that doubt by choosing to cheat. Naturally, we are all skeptical of what truly separates the elite from the rest.
Was it that Anderson was so skilled in striking because of his technique and discipline, or was it that could focus on it because of the little extra help he had?
Was Werdum really getting much better at striking because he found a great coach, or did he take something to manage his weight and hit the pads with that time instead?
We'll never know for sure, and that's their fault. As responsible adults, they are responsible for their handling of the consequences that come with those decisions.
They get what they get, and they deserve it. Fuck em.

Always, just once, or tainted supplement; it makes no difference to me
I don't care what athletes take to allow them to train harder and longer, and to help them recover from injury
Eventually there will be substances that are all upside and undetectable
More & better fights > illusion of fairness

When you see a fighter tests positive for something, obviously it puts their whole career in question.

The question I want to ask is, if a fighter tests positive, do you immediately assumed they've cheated throughout their whole career?

For me, guys like Anderson and Werdum, I don't think they've been roiding their whole career, I think they may have took something recently due to their age more than anything. Still doesn't make it acceptable and they deserve the bans although I don't believe Werdum was roiding back in the Fedor fight and that time period.

So when a fighter tests positive, do you still believe that this may be a one off instance? Or do you think that they've got away with it for years and have only just been caught? I tend to find myself more of the former.
anderson is 100% a cheating lying deceptive fraud. werdum I agree with. probably just took peds to compete with the younger generation as he is well past his prime.

We do not know who is clean, and I'm not saying we have no way of knowing who that person is, but rather that person who is competing professionally in MMA and is 100% clean is so far down any rankings that we don't even know who they are.

Always, just once, or tainted supplement; it makes no difference to me
I don't care what athletes take to allow them to train harder and longer, and to help them recover from injury
Eventually there will be substances that are all upside and undetectable
More & better fights > illusion of fairness

This is a very good point and something the research toward is likely funded by sports.

anderson is 100% a cheating lying deceptive fraud. werdum I agree with. probably just took peds to compete with the younger generation as he is well past his prime.

This is the typical hypocrisy of MMA fans: Werdum gets a pass because of his age, Anderson doesn't at the same age, even though he had just suffered a horrible injury. The idea these guys are not allowed cutting-edge science to recover from major injuries is stupid.

Fans would look much less dumb if they picked a position on the issue and stuck to it.

I don’t think so. It’s no coincidence older fighters typically pop for it. I don’t even think it’s for a fight night edge in most cases. MMA training is probably the most demanding. It really is a 9 to 5 and then some and hell on the body. I’d bet most are to just make through the camps without already being physically spent. I wonder how guys past 35 can go through it without help or a well designed schedule. It’s hard enough for the younger fighters.

In reality its all random. You will have some fighters who have been cheating their whole careers and some who just started. Some who have tainted supplements and some who are just unlucky. Some people who have no idea what they are taking into their bodies etc. etc.

It's kind of like asking if the first time a person gets a DUI is it the first time they've driven intoxicated? Stats would suggest no.

I wouldn't say they've been cheating their whole career, but I doubt their first bust is the first time they've dabbled with roids.

No, maybe after they’ve competed at the highest level they finally heard about PEDs and decided to give it a try...is normal

So under USADA, everyone is willing to risk their career to cheat but for some reason most fighters can get away with it while big $$$ superstars like Jones and Silva are the ones getting busted?
stop reasoning behind a computer and go to a real gym and find out

your post looks pathetic

Back