Whats your personal point of view on religions?

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Any religion for that matter not just the one in a centre of attention.

Personally, as a human being I do not feel the need to pray, go to church every Sunday or even spend time thinking whether there is God or not.

Am I an atheist?

Nah, I wouldn't say that.

I believe that as a human being I can only experience things through my eyes, touch and ears. I do not see God, I do not hear him and I certainly do not feel his presence in my daily life.

I also think that religions acts as a 'second' law. Almost all religions are against murders and all sort of crime. So on one hand u got Police and then your religious beliefs to make sure you not resort to what we call a 'crime'.

It has always been my desire to know God, know His ways, and to walk with him in my life.

They are all an ancient belief system that humans used to explain the world around them before science. While there may be some truth in a higher being that created everything we see, there's no real evidence of any religion being truthful in their origin stories. I choose science and reason over religious dogma and ignorance.

No problem with believers, to each their own.

Religious institutions however, are nearly all cancerous. Purge, purge, purge. Tax churches out of existence, kick mosques to the curb, tell synagogues to eat a dick.

Unpopular opinion maybe, but I really fucking hate religious institutions, irrationally so. As long as believers don't try and proselytize me (or expect me to live under their rules), we tend to get along.

It's all about the dolla$..

I like to use reason and logic, hence why I don't follow a religion. They're just meant to give people a false sense of purpose in life and safety in death.

That doesn't mean they can't do good (charity work and volunteering), but anyone who pushes their views on society or others can screw off, not to mention radicals.

Last edited:
I am ok with religions... Whatever gives you peace and hope is good imo.

Source of most stupidity and evil in this world.
Will never be eradicated as long as human beings fear death.

On a macro level, they are dangerous. Organized religions are just like any other entity trying to consolidate power via influence and wealth -- except they use religion as a front to avoid taxation and scrutinized opposition -- they win hearts and minds in order to flow wealth up.

On a micro level, they do a lot of good. Individual churches provide the bulk of direct charitable aide and a lot of international help.

I think deep down even most "followers" know It's a bunch of bullshit

Fairy tales told to people at an age when they're unable to distinguish fact from fiction. Harmless enough, until they start forcing their bullshit on other people (and I'm not just talking about the one that's the center of attention).

They have been proven over time to be substantial, and contain a lot of deeper meaning and philosophy that is being lost in the new age atheistic materialist worldview.

People are throwing the baby out with the bathwater, with angst.

So while I am not religious, I can see that there is value there and it isn't being replace by much.

religion is at the root of every war. I don't understand how if you live in one part of the world you follow such and such religion. if you live in another part you follow a different one. personally I don't need religion to be a good person or have high moral standards. some of the worst people I know go to mass every sunday. religion was created back in the day to control the masses and give meaning to life living in such harsh times. if we did away with religion we would have less wars and conflicts. I don't have a problem with people practicing religion but don't lecture me about it.

IMO, religions are used almost exclusively to control the poor/working class. It gives 'hope' to those that no doubt live harder lives, to keep them productive and not revolting to keep the system/economy going. I mean who t/o history is largely religious?

poor people, that's who

Some are Ok and some are abhorrent .

In my opinion there's nothing to back up any religion as far as evidence concerning the supernatural. Same as with psychic powers and such.

But religion seems to be an attempt, for a long time arguably necessary, to connect to a feeling of spirituality, of something outside of and greater than ourselves, that gave order and meaning to our lives.

I think we've started to grow out of needing it to be honest.

In my honest opinion, I think It's the greatest scam in history, passed down through generations to con people.

IMO, religions are used almost exclusively to control the poor/working class. It gives 'hope' to those that no doubt live harder lives, to keep them productive and not revolting to keep the system/economy going. I mean who t/o history is largely religious?

poor people, that's who

You could say the same thing about governments, or any sort of other ideology.

There may be an element in each that is about control, and there will often be an element of corruption (as is the case with humans), but that isn't all it's about.

Back