What's your opinion on triple nose booker T burying?

Discussion in 'Pro Wrestling Discussion' started by slivercord, Apr 15, 2017.

1. slivercord Green Belt

slivercord
    Hey guys my 1st thread here, I don't watch wwf(wwe) as I feel the product is aimed at 12 years old. I'm not hating or anything. But what I do like is watch shoots from the guys, very Interesting stuff that I didn't know as a kid.
    To go for the subject, what do you think about how triple nose buried Booker, not only on the live show with what I would call a borderline racist promo and also kept the belt after mania lobbying to Vince. Here's the video for some context.

2. gspieler Red Belt

gspieler
    Pretty sure the general consensus is the entire invasion angle was botched.

Mike, PRIDEWASBETTER and lakersfan45 like this.
  3. sleepwalk pork roll, egg and cheese belt

sleepwalk
    Trips has always protected "his spot" any way he could. No off switch for The Game. He recently did an angle with young talent Seth Rollins as the betrayed former "favored son." Rollins carried the whole angle by himself mostly with HHH not showing up on TV for months at a time and Rollins talking against a blank wall. HHH shows up and cuts a promo that gets himself 10x than what Rollins did with the scripted lines that HHH put in his hand.

Booker was an astounding talent. He was super over in WCW and, despite the botching of The Invasion (integration of product, really,) was poised to shine regards of circumstances. He did whatever he was asked and often made chicken salad out of chicken shit. HHH had to do a program with a guy like that but (like i described above) he's a master of getting himself over despite "playing weak" or jobbing.

The racist stuff? Just more of the same. "Look guys, I went out there and went borderline with it. I'm still over. Looks like we just have to accept it."

4. deezy Blue Belt

deezy
    So shucking and jiving and being in prison is exclusive to black people?

I find that leap offensive.

5. Katsumi Yamada blood belt

Katsumi Yamada
    Burying Scott Steiner was more annoying for me.

Mammothman likes this.
  6. Quinton Overeem Purple Belt

Quinton Overeem
    The Survivor Series Winner takes All match is my favourite match ever though (maybe due to nostalgia).

On topic, The Evolution era (HHH, Flair, Orton, Batista) went too long. 2003 was enough.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  7. GSPSAKU Purple Belt

GSPSAKU
    This is arguably HHH's worst burial. He cuts a promo filled with racial innuendos which should have led to a win for Booker T. Completely buries Booker T but at the same time, gave himself so much heat and the fans were all for Booker T here. Wrestling 101 says the face wins the title and the fans go home happy but this was when HHH finally got to shine without Austin/Rock/Foley so he clutched his spot like no one before him.

And then the actual Mania match itself was the ultimate burial. The angle could've been salvaged if HHH puts Booker over. Watch the ending. HHH hits 1 pedigree and waits exactly 23 seconds before covering Booker T and and HHH WON. 23 seconds after hitting the pedigree, HHH crawled over and still got a 3 count. Pitiful

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    Mike, Mammothman, bbbdvan81 and 7 others like this.
  8. deezy Blue Belt

deezy
    Booker T earned that burial spot for fucking up Triple Hs throat with that Harlem hangover.

9. RollSonnenRoll Livin' Like A Doctor!

RollSonnenRoll
    Says a lot about their match that JR and King stole the show from them

"Look at Triple H mocking Booke- ah will you please keep the camera on Triple H"
    "Now you wanna direct. You're in Triple H's fan club, you're Naitch's best buddy and now you wanna direct!"

"Nature boy doing the gentlemanly thing and helping Booker T up."
    "Flair doesn't look like he's being much of a gentleman to me"
    "Well he's trying to help Booker T back into the ri-"
    "Ah good God, nobody is buying that! That logic went out in 82!"
    "Clumsy Booker T feel down the stairs!"

"FLAIR HAD NO BUSINESS UP THERE DAMN IT!"

"We went to the mall yesterday and he tried to pay for everything in cigarettes ."

"He was born on a pool table you know?"
    "How in the hell did you know he was born on a pool table?"
    "I have my sources."

10. The Higher Power "IT'S ME, AUSTIN!!!"

The Higher Power
    Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America
    I think Booker was originally gonna go over and drop it back to him at the next PPV until they were able to sign Goldberg the week of WM. There was no excuse for the terrible ending though - 23 seconds between HHH hitting the Pedigree and actually making the cover and he still got the 1-2-3.

This is what I remember most about the match. Booker knocked Flair off the apron and King said, "That wasn't very nice on the part of Booker T. He should be charged with assault." JR finally snapped.

11. RollSonnenRoll Livin' Like A Doctor!

RollSonnenRoll
    The bit about Flair dropping Book's knee on the stairs and King playing it off like he was helping him up the stairs gets me every time.

12. jdionio Blue Belt

jdionio
    Pretty much remember being at Mania XIX and most everyone in the crowd was hoping Booker would win it. It took a lot of the air out of SafeCo Field when HHH won. Luckily, the last matches pumped a ton of energy back into the crowd. I will say that it wasn't the first, nor would it be the last time he did that shit.

slivercord likes this.
  13. the ambush Black Belt

the ambush
    Triple H is just mad he will never be that #1 guy in the company. It will always belong to someone else.

Lethal and Lockard The GOAT like this.
  14. electricfuneral Red Belt

electricfuneral
    I don't mind haych now but I hated him for like 10 years because of shit like this. He beat the rock a zillion times because the rock was bullet proof.

15. slivercord Green Belt

slivercord
    Maybe he got traumatized by this:

16. Lockard The GOAT Banned

Lockard The GOAT
    Not as big of a deal as people made it out to be. There was more sense in keeping Hunter as the dethroned heel until Goldberg came along, and to be fair, Booker wasn't even supposed to be HHH's opponent that year - Austin was. Rock vs Goldberg was supposed to main event, and Austin vs HHH was supposed to be for the WHC. But Goldberg didn't sign in time to properly promote a WM match (he ended up signing only two weeks before the show, so they held his debut off until the night after), so they changed the card around: Austin-Rock III on one hand, and they pulled Booker from the midcard to feud with HHH on the other.

At most, Booker would have won it for only a month before dropping it back. I could have lived with that. But I understand why they didn't do it.

lakersfan45 likes this.
  17. Lockard The GOAT Banned

Lockard The GOAT
    Yeah, that match had some great commentary. JR's reaction to King saying Flair was trying to help Booker back in the ring was priceless.

18. Michaelangelo Genetic Jackhammer

Michaelangelo
    I bought that PPV for Booker

the match was crap and so was the finish

not a suprise since most HHH matches from 2002 to 2004 were shit minus the ones with Shawn in them.

19. electricfuneral Red Belt

electricfuneral
    His promos sucked too

the ambush likes this.
  20. Michaelangelo Genetic Jackhammer

Michaelangelo
    promos: 4/10
    matches: 4/10
    look: who gives a shit