What's Your Next Purchase? V5

well UPS has 'lost' (read: someone stole) my new Eotech at one of their distribution centers. Of course they want me to get in contact with Eotech because obviously ordering express shipping and paying shit loads of money for insurance and guaranteed delivery and required signing is Eotechs' fault. So the countdown begins as to when i get my g-damned optic. Apparently it entered Richmond A-Okay....and then vanished off the face of the earth. Whoops!

Sounds like it will be a wonderful experience.

apex-100-051-1kx1k.jpg

Apex Action Enhancement Trigger & Duty/Carry Kit for M&P Shield

From dvor

well UPS has 'lost' (read: someone stole) my new Eotech at one of their distribution centers. Of course they want me to get in contact with Eotech because obviously ordering express shipping and paying shit loads of money for insurance and guaranteed delivery and required signing is Eotechs' fault. So the countdown begins as to when i get my g-damned optic. Apparently it entered Richmond A-Okay....and then vanished off the face of the earth. Whoops!

God that sucks. I had the same thing happen with a handgun slide using USPS. Mine ended up being mishandled and found on the floor of the distribution center, and returned to me after about a month I think. My advice to you is to be the squeakiest wheel ever.

So I've been trying to save up for a Gen 2 Razor to put on my 6.5 build but the more I think about it the more I feel I don't NEED glass that good, no matter how sexy it is.

Think I'll get the PST Gen 2 instead. Same features, glass is still super clear too.

Plus it's probably just under half the price leaving me open to buy more ammo, a nicer barrel, or like swap out the trigger on my receiver.

So I've been trying to save up for a Gen 2 Razor to put on my 6.5 build but the more I think about it the more I feel I don't NEED glass that good, no matter how sexy it is.

Think I'll get the PST Gen 2 instead. Same features, glass is still super clear too.

Plus it's probably just under half the price leaving me open to buy more ammo, a nicer barrel, or like swap out the trigger on my receiver.

Fuck compromise!

Seriously though, there's something to be said for prudence.

Fuck compromise!

Seriously though, there's something to be said for prudence.
Plus I'm more likely to see sales on the PST Gen IIs.

Plus my local stores that carry Vortex might have one in stock for me to hold and look through whereas the Razors.....

Only big issue is the 30mm tube vs like 34 for the Razor (I think it has a 34). Granted, I'm not a good enough shooter to NEED the extra 4mm.

Plus I'm more likely to see sales on the PST Gen IIs.

Plus my local stores that carry Vortex might have one in stock for me to hold and look through whereas the Razors.....

Only big issue is the 30mm tube vs like 34 for the Razor (I think it has a 34). Granted, I'm not a good enough shooter to NEED the extra 4mm.

If you're spending the savings on your barrel and trigger then it's all good.

If you're spending the savings on your barrel and trigger then it's all good.
I have the chassis I want in mind and there's a local store that specializes in long range shooting and he told me "worst case, come to me with your receiver and stock or chassis... tell me what caliber you want and the amount you have to spend and I'll grab the barrel and muzzle device that would best suit what you want"

Normally I'd be wary but the dude competes at the regional level in long rang shooting.

I have the chassis I want in mind and there's a local store that specializes in long range shooting and he told me "worst case, come to me with your receiver and stock or chassis... tell me what caliber you want and the amount you have to spend and I'll grab the barrel and muzzle device that would best suit what you want"

Normally I'd be wary but the dude competes at the regional level in long rang shooting.

Yeah, sounds like he's some geek trying to offer the benefits of his geekdom vs. some dude just trying to make a sale.

dVDJiez.gif

As long as it's the Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 FFP EBR-2C (MRAD)

Have you heard of "The Fix" by Q?

30782A8135733BA6C557F27DEAAE9E18CB2F4041.jpg

30B69DDC27F153819AE22EBA1D98900F55D6697A.jpg

They are releasing a R700 chassis in the somewhat near future(late summer ish). 3lbs, $900.
I can get one from Kinetic Research Group that is like an M40A5 stock and only $300. I want to spend most of the cash on this project on a “Gucci” barrel

dVDJiez.gif

As long as it's the Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 FFP EBR-2C (MRAD)
That’s exactly it.

Went long range shooting with a friend that was a sharpshooter that learned from a former Marine sniper when my buddy was a civilian.

Mil seems so much easier to make the adjustments mentally to me

Hoping to get my dueling tree done this weekend and take it out next week. I have all the parts just need to get it welded up.

Back