What's Your Next Purchase? V5

5538d1304950609-hk-pistol-ad-bullets-loaded-backward-sin-mag-hk_aduspbulletsbackwards.jpg

They are, check out this shot show brochure from 2004.

Reliability indeed.

Vortex said no deals.... :(

Anyone have experience with compensators on handguns and how they fit holsters?

Geissele Airborne Charging Handle and a Nickel Boron BCG, very happy with my purchases.

Vortex said no deals.... :(

Anyone have experience with compensators on handguns and how they fit holsters?
My XD has a compensator that came with the Rowland conversion. As far as holster fit goes a totally open holster will fit just fine, and in my case the compensator doesn't drag or catch on the way in or out. As long as the compensator's height and width dimensions aren't larger than the slide/barrel of your handgun then you shouldn't have a fitment issue outside of holster length for closed muzzle holsters.

Holy shit, kinda want, but it'll be pricey and it wouldn't surprise me if they're eventually banned from hunting.

On Monday I picked up the CZ P10c. Mine did come with the diffulty (i.e. tightness) with the mag and slide releases. As advertised, the trigger is bad ass. I've been working all the controls and trigger (using snap caps) to see if I can break it in a little. The slide release isn't that huge since I can always pull the slide back to release it. The mag release I took out and used some really fine sand paper on. Getting it out was a snap but getting in back in took some time. The release still isn't where I'd like it and I feel like I could get the thing back in much quicker the 2nd time, but I didn't feel like fucking with it again.

Really looking forward to shooting it. Feels great in the hand using the medium backstrap and damn good with the small one too. Seems easy to point and keep on target just from dry-firing. Not sure I like the aggressive checkering. Thinking about maybe a stippling job.

Warmer weather is just a few fucking months away so looking into a .38 revolver or .380 semi auto.

I'll probably get about seven Mac-11's, about eight .38's, Nine 9's, ten Mac-10's for my next purchase

Have you looked at the Steiner t5xi 5-25x56 or Bushnell DMR II 3.5-21X50?
I have and am saving for them. I have that 6-24x50 SECOND FP standard Viper right now... guy in a local FB shooters group wants to sell his 6-14 Viper PST FIRST FP with MRAD reticle.

He said no trades and it's a smaller magnification range than I want, but... at the same time I have something he might be interested in and if he decides a trade is OK.... I might be able to swing it I am giving him a new in box never used other than to pull it out and see it all works SFP scope for his FFP scope with mount and bubble level.

Holy run on sentence by me Batman.

EDIT:
I always see Steiner stuff on sale but I have never seen reviews of their stuff so I wasn't sure of quality. Anyone have experience?

EDIT 2:
I HAVE seen the Bushnell stuff and am very interested in it. The Zero Stop feature on the new PST and Razor lines for Vortex have me wanting those though admittedly.

Last edited:
For those of you into Milsurps or just looking for something a little different... Classic Firearms has Zastava M57 Tokarevs for $200. VG surplus condition. These things are tanks.

My dad picked up an AK74 the other day. It'll eventually end up at my house. Probably because he cant find ammo or magazines at Cabellas.

I just purchased a RAR compact in 22 wmr, single shot Huglu 12g, Dianna ntec 350 magnum 22 air rifle and my partner a Browning tbolt composite sporter 22lr

Also purchased a clay thrower and leupold a vx1 4/12 40 second hand from parners work

Put a deposit on a tikka t1 x 17 hmr most probaly wont have it in my hand to july

Now I just have to hope the local authorities dont make me jump through hoops to license them

I nearly forgot I purchased a new 18 -24 gun safe

Last edited:
Back