What's Your Next Purchase? V5

How's the dexterity of the guide?

I wish they had the Attack glove in stock in L, looks slightly more what I'm looking for. Fucking May till it's back in.

AttackGlove_VC_FR_1425x1825.jpg

The guide glove is great, I'm not really clear what the attack has over the guide other than the neoprene cuff vs the velcro on the guide. The pittards leather on the guide gloves is nice and soft but still durable. It's the same stuff as in that picture of the attacks you posted.

I'm a huge fan of pretty much anything Kuiu, my buddies make fun of me because when we're out, I'm usually wearing a full Kuiu kit from the socks and long underwear to the outerwear. The only things I don't like of theirs is their backpacks

Speaking of the bush. There's this gnarly lady out here that everybody calls "sticky buns". She's so haggard and gross and most of the local villagers bang her out on a regular basis.

It's disgusting lol.

Speaking of the bush. There's this gnarly lady out here that everybody calls "sticky buns". She's so haggard and gross and most of the local villagers bang her out on a regular basis.

It's disgusting lol.

<{clintugh}>

Pics?

The guide glove is great, I'm not really clear what the attack has over the guide other than the neoprene cuff vs the velcro on the guide. The pittards leather on the guide gloves is nice and soft but still durable. It's the same stuff as in that picture of the attacks you posted.

I'm a huge fan of pretty much anything Kuiu, my buddies make fun of me because when we're out, I'm usually wearing a full Kuiu kit from the socks and long underwear to the outerwear. The only things I don't like of theirs is their backpacks

Looked a little thinner to me and the other things you mentioned.

Bought them in Vias.

It's disgusting lol.

Hahaha, nothing like some sticky buns to keep em warm through the winter

Picked up my Shield PC

cwbhDYU.jpg

ELWfHpV.jpg

yjkTK9e.jpg

Nice, I'm still waiting on my California 10-day "cooling off period" before I can pick up my P2000. Apparently California thinks people won't use any of their other guns to commit crimes in the heat of passion, only the one they just bought.

Bought them in Vias.

Vias is awesome. I was decked out in vias a few months ago on my goat hunt on kodiak. It's like animals were looking right through me. Their verde 2.0 is also awesome and works great in the tundra and darker timber but I prefer vias.

In fact, I could roll vias and Sitka open country for everything from elk in NM to sheep in AK and be just fine.

Im a massive hunting clothing junkie. My wife hates it. I think I have almost everything Kuiu and Sitka makes.

She's also not happy about my ultralight hunting obsession. I'm working on getting my pack to 35lbs for a 4 day hunt and it's starting to get pricey. I have 2 complete kifaru pack set ups and a stone glacier pack now. I also have like 3 ultralight rifles and another one coming in the near future.

The breakthrough though is right now I've done enough hacking and tinkering to get a kifaru pack set up that weighs 5.5lbs with 5100ci space in it. It's fucking awesome.

@bushman505

Hunting boots. I imagine most of yours are insulated but I need some non-insulated. Have a spring black bear hunt coming up this year potentially and want these boots to double as boots I wear when I go to the gravel pit to go shooting even in the summers.

NORMALLY, I'd find some like Bates boots on the cheap for the shooting at the pit and just suffer through insulated boots in the spring but I REALLY kinda don't want to do that.

Any suggestions?

@bushman505

Hunting boots. I imagine most of yours are insulated but I need some non-insulated. Have a spring black bear hunt coming up this year potentially and want these boots to double as boots I wear when I go to the gravel pit to go shooting even in the summers.

NORMALLY, I'd find some like Bates boots on the cheap for the shooting at the pit and just suffer through insulated boots in the spring but I REALLY kinda don't want to do that.

Any suggestions?

Right now I have schnees granite 2s but I'd look at brands like scarpa, crispi, kenetrek etc but also look into mountaineering boots, I mean that's all most serious hunting boots are these days. I like la sportiva boots.

Something to consider is how stiff of a boot you want. I'm usually carrying a pack on steep terrain so I like a stiff boot that gives tons of support, it's a safety thing.

When I'm hunting moose, I'd say 90% of the time I'm either wearing my Simms waders with wading boots or I'm wearing some sort of tall rubber boot like an extra tuff.

What sore of area are you hunting in? Will you be packing for a few days or car camping?

Also, I rarely use insulated boots. I don't get that cold usually. If it's that cold, is probably wearing rubber boots anyways which are usually good to 20 below.

Vias is awesome. I was decked out in vias a few months ago on my goat hunt on kodiak. It's like animals were looking right through me. Their verde 2.0 is also awesome and works great in the tundra and darker timber but I prefer vias.

In fact, I could roll vias and Sitka open country for everything from elk in NM to sheep in AK and be just fine.

They got the attack gloves back in stock(surprisingly). So I ordered them as well and I'll return whichever one I don't want.

They got the attack gloves back in stock(surprisingly). So I ordered them as well and I'll return whichever one I don't want.

I'd imagine they are both pretty sweet. A few months ago on my goat hunt on kodiak, I was pretty much soaked the whole week and working through disgustingly steep and brush choked terrain, I was using the guid egloves to grab branches and rocks to pull myself up and lower myself down and basically crawling under stuff constantly. The guides worked perfectly and dried every night in my tent. Their Yukon gators are also awesome and shrugged off all that with ease. Lots of my gear was pretty wrecked after that trip (attack pants and the peloton 240 jacket were pretty thrashed) but the gloves and gators were as good as new.

I'd imagine they are both pretty sweet. A few months ago on my goat hunt on kodiak, I was pretty much soaked the whole week and working through disgustingly steep and brush choked terrain, I was using the guid egloves to grab branches and rocks to pull myself up and lower myself down and basically crawling under stuff constantly. The guides worked perfectly and dried every night in my tent. Their Yukon gators are also awesome and shrugged off all that with ease. Lots of my gear was pretty wrecked after that trip (attack pants and the peloton 240 jacket were pretty thrashed) but the gloves and gators were as good as new.

If the attacks are thinner and have more dexterity I will likely keep them. It's not that cold here. I was more looking for easy slip on & off as well. They are labeled as a "base" glove by Kuiu as well. But we'll see, I might like the guides.

Right now I have schnees granite 2s but I'd look at brands like scarpa, crispi, kenetrek etc but also look into mountaineering boots, I mean that's all most serious hunting boots are these days. I like la sportiva boots.

Something to consider is how stiff of a boot you want. I'm usually carrying a pack on steep terrain so I like a stiff boot that gives tons of support, it's a safety thing.

When I'm hunting moose, I'd say 90% of the time I'm either wearing my Simms waders with wading boots or I'm wearing some sort of tall rubber boot like an extra tuff.

What sore of area are you hunting in? Will you be packing for a few days or car camping?
Bear hunt in the spring in Idaho. Outside Boise someplace I think, not exactly sure where though, my buddy in Utah is doing a ton of the research on it.

Sounds like a buddy of mine may be buying a gun shop. This could get interesting.

Back