What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Just bought a set of RMA level IV plates. They are having a sale for $199.99 plus shipping for multihit rated level IV plates.

Be putting them into my work plate carrier when they get here to replace my steel plates.

This post validates my decision to seek office work. :eek:

Just bought a set of RMA level IV plates. They are having a sale for $199.99 plus shipping for multihit rated level IV plates.

Be putting them into my work plate carrier when they get here to replace my steel plates.

Why didn't you tell us you had a channel?:D

Wonder if homie has one of those steel Thai cups Joe is always on about. Gotta protect your vitals. :eek:

Holy shit that dude is absolutely fucking nuts...

I have those plates currently though.

Why didn't you tell us you had a channel?:D

Wonder if homie has one of those steel Thai cups Joe is always on about. Gotta protect your vitals. :eek:

Holy crap, well I guess if you can’t personally guarantee your customers safety, you might as well not sell armor at all.

Looks like weatherby is releasing some of the vanguard models this year in 6.5-300 weatherby. I might need to give them a look.

Looks like weatherby is releasing some of the vanguard models this year in 6.5-300 weatherby. I might need to give them a look.
I've been drooling at .375 H&H Weatherby's now thanks to you... dad wants a .270 and a .375 H&H Model 70s... and I want a Vanguard .375 H&H....

I know this is stupid as I am building that AR-10 but argh........

Well I've been a Leupold fan for years, but I really think NightForce glass is better now.

So I ordered a NightForce ATACR 5-25 w/ the Tremor 3 for my 6.5 Creedmoor build.

Well I've been a Leupold fan for years, but I really think NightForce glass is better now.

So I ordered a NightForce ATACR 5-25 w/ the Tremor 3 for my 6.5 Creedmoor build.

I'm debating a MK 6 3-18 vs Razor HD ii 4.5-27x56

Details on the 6.5 build?

Last edited:

I've been using a nightforce shv 2-5-10x42 for a few months, I know it's their cheaper model but it's awesome. That being said, I just hunt, I'm not much of a target shooter. I still think leupold makes great mid range stuff for the $$$ (vx3i is an awesome hunting scope, as well as their vx1 rimfire scopes) but I would look elsewhere if I was looking for a "high end" scope.

I've been drooling at .375 H&H Weatherby's now thanks to you... dad wants a .270 and a .375 H&H Model 70s... and I want a Vanguard .375 H&H....

I know this is stupid as I am building that AR-10 but argh........

Yeah the vanguard 375HH is pretty hard to beat for the price, I love my vanguard dangerous game rifle. I ended up hacking of 3" of barrel on one (had the front sight reinstalled) and mounting a leupold vx3i 1.5-5x20 on quick detach rings. It's been going into the field more and more since I set it up. We were hitting an old piec of steel out at 320 yards with it the other day just to try it out. Sweet gun.

If I were getting another 375 though, the kimber talkeetna is prettttttty sweet, but so are all of limbers rifles.

I'm debating a MK 6 3-18 vs Razor HD ii 4.5-27x56

Details on the 6.5 build?

That MK6 is still a stellar scope, I was just more impressed with the NF, I like the turrets, the ease of slipping the scales, and at 25x it's very clear.

Rebarrelling an .308 AI AE MKIII with a Bartlein 24", 1-8 Twist, 6.5 Creed. I plan to shot Berger 140gr, the G1 BC is .593, which is pretty much 190gr 300 win mag similar. I'm really looking forward to hopefully doing some comps this next year.

I've been using a nightforce shv 2-5-10x42 for a few months, I know it's their cheaper model but it's awesome. That being said, I just hunt, I'm not much of a target shooter. I still think leupold makes great mid range stuff for the $$$ (vx3i is an awesome hunting scope, as well as their vx1 rimfire scopes) but I would look elsewhere if I was looking for a "high end" scope.

That SHV is about perfect for a hunting scope. Last season I tried out Bushnell, I thought the HDMR wasn't too big and I got a decent pro-deal on it. I sold it because I am missing this season.. except for archery and let me tell you how well that went...

I've been looking into the Leupold scopes with the CDS dials. Just turning the dial to a range on the dial looks pretty much idiot proof to me. The only thing that has held me back from picking one up is I don't always shoot the same load therefore the accuracy of the speed and weight of the bullets my throw off the custom dial. Taping a drop chart to the side of the stock would be easier, but not quite as cool.

So, I initially thought I was going to drop this ridiculous 6-24 Viper from Vortex on this AR-10 but figure weight and given I want it for hunting I might get more of a 1-9 if I can find it.

I know the Vortex Strike Eagle is good but are there others that are just as good? Like, does NF have something in that power range?

I know there is this one:
http://www.nightforceoptics.com/atacr/4-16x42-f1

So, I initially thought I was going to drop this ridiculous 6-24 Viper from Vortex on this AR-10 but figure weight and given I want it for hunting I might get more of a 1-9 if I can find it.

I know the Vortex Strike Eagle is good but are there others that are just as good? Like, does NF have something in that power range?

I know there is this one:
http://www.nightforceoptics.com/atacr/4-16x42-f1

Hey man that 4-16 is solid, and plenty good to shot out to 800+. Vortex makes that Razor 1-6. I think that is a great AR-15 optic, 6x just a little short for my liking on a long gun.

For NF check out the SHV line, there are options of 4-16, and 3-10, you'll save a few bucks going with second focal plane.

I'd like to hear what you end up going with for a hunting setup. I am always looking for that field hunting glass after I let that Bushnell go.

What ranges would you be looking to go out to?

Hey man that 4-16 is solid, and plenty good to shot out to 800+. Vortex makes that Razor 1-6. I think that is a great AR-15 optic, 6x just a little short for my liking on a long gun.

For NF check out the SHV line, there are options of 4-16, and 3-10, you'll save a few bucks going with second focal plane.

I'd like to hear what you end up going with for a hunting setup. I am always looking for that field hunting glass after I let that Bushnell go.

What ranges would you be looking to go out to?
It's a .308 so not THAT far plus I'm on the west side of WA. Tons of trees anywhere I go for hunting so 9 would be about my maximum.

Hell, this gun I might put angled iron sights on it for those deer that you basically stumble into.

I'd love a Razor HD or NF but I just can't afford a $2G scope in all honesty.

That MK6 is still a stellar scope, I was just more impressed with the NF, I like the turrets, the ease of slipping the scales, and at 25x it's very clear.

Rebarrelling an .308 AI AE MKIII with a Bartlein 24", 1-8 Twist, 6.5 Creed. I plan to shot Berger 140gr, the G1 BC is .593, which is pretty much 190gr 300 win mag similar. I'm really looking forward to hopefully doing some comps this next year.

Post pics when it's all done.

My friend has a Mark 8 3.5-25x56 illuminated mildot and I really like it. Very clear and bright. The Mark 8 has better glass than Mark 6. He can get leupold for like 40-50% off so I thought about getting the Mark 8 M5C2 non illuminated but the Vortex just has it beat on features and reticle(imo, I don't like the super busy Tremor or H59 stuff, I would get leupold tmr and Vortex ebr-2c) for the price. The Mark 6 costs an extra $1200 for illumination :eek:. I don't really need it but it's always nice to have extra features. So I wouldn't get the illuminated model.

So that's the biggest thing.

Mark 6 3-18x44 non-illuminated TMR. Very compact and lightweight. Price of $1500-1600ish.

Vortex razor hd ii 4.5-27x56 ebr-2c
Illuminated, better glass, better reticle(imo), much higher magnification. Really the only downside is that it is a heavy pig but I won't notice that laying on the ground. I will wait for black friday/cyber monday sale and hope it's <$2000. I've already seen them for sale for $1957, $2000 and $2100.

Yeah the vanguard 375HH is pretty hard to beat for the price, I love my vanguard dangerous game rifle. I ended up hacking of 3" of barrel on one (had the front sight reinstalled) and mounting a leupold vx3i 1.5-5x20 on quick detach rings. It's been going into the field more and more since I set it up. We were hitting an old piec of steel out at 320 yards with it the other day just to try it out. Sweet gun.

If I were getting another 375 though, the kimber talkeetna is prettttttty sweet, but so are all of limbers rifles.

Got a spare $2400 laying around?

1 of 25 Taylor & Co. .45-70 takedown silencerco summit edition with a badger knife and custom case

4570_summit_case.jpg

ca_taylorssummit_main.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back