What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Seeing the recent posts, I guess this counts; I just bought my over-the-counter archery Mule Deer and White Tail tags the other day.

That's awesome. I hope you get some blood on the tags and some meat in the freezer. I finding with bow hunting, I need to really re evaluate my interpretation of "patience" stalk slower, sit longer glass more and watch more than I do with a rifle. Also during training I really work on. Death control because when you're out of breath and the adrenaline is going it can AND you don't have the most straight forward shot, things can get tricky.

That's awesome. I hope you get some blood on the tags and some meat in the freezer. I finding with bow hunting, I need to really re evaluate my interpretation of "patience" stalk slower, sit longer glass more and watch more than I do with a rifle. Also during training I really work on. Death control because when you're out of breath and the adrenaline is going it can AND you don't have the most straight forward shot, things can get tricky.
The White Tail I can rifle hunt, it's really just a backup.

Got some brenneke black magic and special forces short magnum slugs for my shotgun. Several boxes of 06 and 308, some 10mm, 44mag and 9mm hardcasts and I'm off to the bush tomorrow.

Pigged the fuck out in anchorage this past week, got a fat layer now to burn off, we also got like 1500 dollars of groceries bought and all packed up and shipped out a few days ago. Last minute stop at Walmart mart today to get a few bottles of whiskey to stash away for a rainy day lol.

The White Tail I can rifle hunt, it's really just a backup.

I'm hoping to do caribou with a bow this year. Eventually I'll get another moose with my bow too but probably not this year.

I know a guy who gets dall sheep and goats with his bow which I think is pretty impressive.

337132.jpg

e2677da1a5866d51583f97c67bcfeae5.jpg

I'm hoping to do caribou with a bow this year. Eventually I'll get another moose with my bow too but probably not this year.

I know a guy who gets dall sheep and goats with his bow which I think is pretty impressive.

Damn, I thought sheep were already difficult enough to hunt and to get close enough with a bow, impressive.

upload_2017-8-28_21-6-59.png

I picked up a box of 7mm-08 and 300 win mag. I've never seen it before so I figured I would give it a try.

upload_2017-8-28_21-10-50.png

I needed a better rangefinder for a hunt this fall. Mine only ranges non-reflective targets to a max of 250 yards. It is a Sig Sauer Kilo1250 that Cabela's has on sale. I really like the constant ranging feature, and it is very lightweight. It's on sale for $200, but the cashier mistakingly gave my entire order 50% off instead of one of the clearance items so I got if for $100. I debated buying some more ammo, but I didn't want to spend the money. If I knew I was going to get 50% everything I would've loaded up. Oh well.

I want a rangefinder. They seem to range substantially in price. Not sure what makes the difference. All I need is it to be within a couple yards at 100-200 yards. Anybody know their head from their ass when it comes to these things such that they can tell me just how cheaply I can go?

I want a rangefinder. They seem to range substantially in price. Not sure what makes the difference. All I need is it to be within a couple yards at 100-200 yards. Anybody know their head from their ass when it comes to these things such that they can tell me just how cheaply I can go?

You need it just for inside of 200 yards?

Beam divergence, accuracy, glass clarity, features, magnification, objective size, etc.

How much you looking to spend?

The cheapest I have experience looking through is the Sig Sauer Kilo 850. I really like sigs hyperscan mode (gives a constant range read out, updates 4x a second).

https://www.tripsdefense.com/products/rangefinder-sig-sauer-electro-optics-kilo-850-798681559541

There are likely cheaper options that will work for you though seeing as you don't really need to go far.

For cheaper rangefinders, I've actually been pretty happy with my Nikon.

You need it just for inside of 200 yards?

Beam divergence, accuracy, glass clarity, features, magnification, objective size, etc.

How much you looking to spend?

The cheapest I have experience looking through is the Sig Sauer Kilo 850. I really like sigs hyperscan mode (gives a constant range read out, updates 4x a second).

https://www.tripsdefense.com/products/rangefinder-sig-sauer-electro-optics-kilo-850-798681559541

There are likely cheaper options that will work for you though seeing as you don't really need to go far.

Thank bro. Deep down I'd like to spend under $100. If I could get something that was gtg out to like 1000 yards I wouldn't mind spending closer to $200. Your suggestion looks pretty good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back