What's Your Next Purchase? V5

I've seen a couple places that ship to HI but they require 2nd day air.

I'm almost afraid to ask, do you know how much Hazmat fee and 2nd day air costs?

Enough that it was always better to just buy whatever Sports Authority had. Now they're gone. :(

I'm thinking the times I've had the option it would add like $125 or more to a case. Last 1k rounds of M855 was routed through a friend. <Moves>

Interesting, yeah they came out with the fix immediately. I wonder if they were trying to pump out the military ones and then in a couple months roll out the recall.

I've also watched a couple others try to replicate the momentum nd and they couldn't.

I think it's likely that's what happened. SIG also claimed they fully intended to roll out the upgrades to all owners before this took off <YeahOKJen>

Got to try out a new Christensen arms mesa long range today. I was banging steel with it in 300wm at 300yds at rio Salgado gun club this afternoon.

Back to AK in the morning.

Hey @RerouteToRemain, here's the Trijicon MRO atop the Kriss Vector CRB Gen 2. Note that I already swapped out the buttstock for the traditional folder.

Kriss%20MRO_zpsfd3y2ppb.jpg

Without firing the damn thing yet, here are some thoughts.
  • That handguard looks fucking cool, but seems to weigh too much. I've ordered one of round ones from the previous models.
  • As a lefty, holding the body of the frame with the right hand is bad because it's way too easy to drop the mag release (not pictured).
  • As a lefty, not sure the bolt release is all that convenient.
  • MRO optic is badass.
  • I think I need a VFG on the lower rail, due to both the front-heavy weighting and ease of dropping my mag unintentionally.

Will finally put some rounds through this in a couple weeks.

I've switched out the barrel shroud for the original rounded version. Much lighter! Also attached a Mid-Evil 360 degree VFG. Both things are big improvements. Lastly, I pulled off the Magpul sights since they interfered with the MRO sight-picture. Doesn't quite look as cool, but whatever.

Kriss%20Modified_zps5nnwtrp6.jpg

Ran across what looked like a nice deal on a CZ 75 Compact 9mm used. Should have it in my hot little hand in about a month. God bless common sense gun laws.

Thanks. I've been watching some of these on Gunbroker. Was just looking at my AR build situation and thinking it might be time to focus up in that direction. Mr. Bones just needs cerokoted and assembled. Of course I'm stuck on what to do white, what to do graphite black, and what to leave as is. There's the LH side-charger that's only half planned out. Then there's a real cheap 80% build that I've got all the parts for but need to drill out the lower.

Need my state tax return to show up in order to pay off the last round of stuff so I can run up some new debt. :D

Just picked up the HK VP9. This thing is awesome! Didn't realize it came with night sights. The trigger is pretty sweet (and I'm not much of a striker-fired fan). Now it's time to try out the different straps that it comes with. :cool:

Coincidentally the tracking number from HK for the four free magazine rebate came today too. $498.98 shipped plus almost $200 worth of mags.

barris.png

I got several boxes of federal 200g trophy bonded bear claws for my 30-06. It's. Ice being back in AK where stuff like that is just on the shelves and you don't need to search the net and order it.

I went wi H my buddy on a jet boat yesterday and we went up some drainages to look at moose and bear, I'm always shocked how fast you can get into pure wilderness just outside of anchorage. Also went hiking in the chugach foothills a few days ago, just got dumped on, I guess it's the time of year where I'll be living out of hip waders and rubber boots for the next few months.

Moose season starts in 13 days.

Damn having had to take a unpaid sick day on my last pay period.... bleh.

Seeing the recent posts, I guess this counts; I just bought my over-the-counter archery Mule Deer and White Tail tags the other day.

Seeing the recent posts, I guess this counts; I just bought my over-the-counter archery Mule Deer and White Tail tags the other day.

As far as I'm concerned this thread is a general discussion/next purchase for this subforum.

Back