What's Your Next Purchase? V5

@Cubo de Sangre

19985306_149339708972511_2879913522022580224_n.jpg

Jack 9 stripped lower - $325 shipped Jack 9 matched set - $499.95 shipped

LIMITED AVAILABILITY: Pre-orders will open up Thursday July 13th at 10 AM EST and run until Monday July 17th at 11:59 PM.

Do you have a lot of experience with the Kuiu and First Lite gear? I've considered getting a couple of there clothing in the past, but I can't really justify the cost. I just don't know what makes their clothing so expensive. I guess if I was a trophy ram hunter it would make more sense, but I don't really need to count ounces in a tree stand.
First Lite uses a fancy type of wool that is warm but also waterproof I think. Rogan and Rinella talked about it a ton on a JRE podcast

Do you have a lot of experience with the Kuiu and First Lite gear? I've considered getting a couple of there clothing in the past, but I can't really justify the cost. I just don't know what makes their clothing so expensive. I guess if I was a trophy ram hunter it would make more sense, but I don't really need to count ounces in a tree stand.

Yeah I pretty much only rock Kuiu and first lite. I don't bother with kryptek and sitka. I think it's worth the $$$ but if you have specific questions I feel fairly confident I could give you an accurate answer.

400 dollars of First Lite is like what.. 2 jackets? And Kuiu it's like 2 jackets and a vest I bet. :p

Mostly socks and wool layers. Gators too, I already had a bunch of shit from both those companies.

I did get an uncompaghre jacket though from first lite.

Yeah buddy, merino wool is the shiiiiit.
Wish I could fit in some of their stuff to try it out.

Mostly socks and wool layers. Gators too, I already had a bunch of shit from both those companies.

I did get an uncompaghre jacket though from first lite.
I need to get some gators and some non-insulated boots.

Any suggestions on brand? I'd need like a 12 E as I have wider feet.

Been eyeing something like this:
http://www.cabelas.com/product/foot...-gr-realtree-xtra-green-hunt-boot/1933007.uts

Wish I could fit in some of their stuff to try it out.

I need to get some gators and some non-insulated boots.

Any suggestions on brand? I'd need like a 12 E as I have wider feet.

Been eyeing something like this:
http://www.cabelas.com/product/footwear/mens-footwear/mens-hunting-boots|/pc/104797980/c/104747580/sc/104826780/pronghorn-gr-realtree-xtra-green-hunt-boot/1933007.uts

First lite stuff is fairly baggy so a 2xl would probably fit, call Ryan and ask him, he's cool as shit.

Gators, I'm really digging the Kuiu yukons but I'd also say take a hard look at outdoor research crocs and their expedition crocks.

Boots are harder to reccomend because it's all about what fits you but lowa, kenetrek, crispi and scarpa all make dope shit. I think Kuiu has the scarpa charmoz on closeout for like 225 bucks right now.

As for Kuiu vs. firstlite, really handling and trying their garments side by side I'd have to say that first lite is probably nicer.

Not that Kuiu isn't nice as hell but there's a bit more attention to detail put into first lite (embroidered logos vs printed on logos, better fit across the board).

Yeah I pretty much only rock Kuiu and first lite. I don't bother with kryptek and sitka. I think it's worth the $$$ but if you have specific questions I feel fairly confident I could give you an accurate answer.

The only items of First Lite that I think I would buy (and fit in) are the Woodbury and Sanctuary Jackets, their Tundra Balaclava, and one of their neck gaiters. I doubt there pants would fit me. Most of my hunting is done from a treestand or with minimal stalking so I don't need the lightest thing around, but I would like it to be very warm. I have a nice jacket and pair of pants from Cabelas that are my go to late season gear, but they are bulky which makes it a pain to climb up a ladder stand sometimes. If you've tried any of those jackets let me know how well they insulate.

First Lite uses a fancy type of wool that is warm but also waterproof I think. Rogan and Rinella talked about it a ton on a JRE podcast
That's where I first heard about First Lite. They seem like good dudes on the JRE and on MeatEater. The Kuiu guy struck me as kind of a douchebag when I saw him on JRE. Seemed like the kind of guy that would humble brag about spending $20k on some rare sheep tag in some corner of nowhere. I could be wrong though.

That's where I first heard about First Lite. They seem like good dudes on the JRE and on MeatEater. The Kuiu guy struck me as kind of a douchebag when I saw him on JRE. Seemed like the kind of guy that would humble brag about spending $20k on some rare sheep tag in some corner of nowhere. I could be wrong though.

Yeah Jason Harrison from Kuiu is exactly the guy he wanted to not be. A rich sheep hunter with unlimited resources.....but whatever, can't blame him, he's one hell of a sheep hunter and his company makes some dope shit...but literally if im thinking clearly, he has a 20,000 dollar treadmill so he can basically hike uphil with a loaded pack and boots in his office.

As for first lite gear, I only have an uncompaghre jacket (which is awesome as fuck), a few Chama merino pullovers and a pair of their new obsidian wool pants, all of this stuff is top notch.

Kuiu stuff is also top notch but a different style which caters to the hardcore crossover mountaineer/sheep hunter (like me...but with waaaay mor disposable income). Kuiu has a lot of customer who own everything about in the catalog lol.

My kifaru pack is out for delivery, should be here before 11.

I'm going to head to Home Depot and get a bag of something heavy (soil or something) and wrap it with duct tape, then load it in the pack and start getting that bitch adjusted. Headed to yellowstone in like 8 days and have about 40 miles of hiking planned over the 3 days were there so I'm planning to haul the kifaru with ~ 50lbs for all the hiking.

Just ordered an HK VP9. The four free mag manufacturer's rebate and the price of $500 shipped was too good to pass up. Been wanting one of these. :cool:

Just ordered an HK VP9. The four free mag manufacturer's rebate and the price of $500 shipped was too good to pass up. Been wanting one of these. :cool:

Let me know how the short paddle release is, I've been on the fence between a VP9 and a P320 and I haven't been able to find a VP9 locally to handle.

Let me know how the short paddle release is, I've been on the fence between a VP9 and a P320 and I haven't been able to find a VP9 locally to handle.

Unless it's radically different than the P30 it'll be fine for me. Although on that one I removed the paddle on one side due to rubbing my finger in an irritating fashion.

I like the mag release, take a little bit to get used to but it's pretty natural feeling after a little practice. Although I use the "unsafe" technique of using my trigger finger to drop the mag.

However I prefer the P320 to the VP9. I feel the 320 has a better trigger and smoother recoil impulse.

Also the VP9 is coming out with a push button mag release version.

Also the VP9 is coming out with a push button mag release version.
:eek:

I think I'm leaning further towards the P320 due to the ease of cleaning/tinkering the modular design provides. I've read and heard that both pistols are great shooters. Plus after my 226 I have a really positive view of SIG handguns.

:eek:

I think I'm leaning further towards the P320 due to the ease of cleaning/tinkering the modular design provides. I've read and heard that both pistols are great shooters. Plus after my 226 I have a really positive view of SIG handguns.

Have you looked at the P320 X five, x five carry or RX models? Pretty badass imo.

320X5-X-BAS-RIGHT.jpg

x5.jpg

SIG-SAUER-P320-X-CARRY.jpg

519dc5f78262897f4d8f85fc9540c0cb--sig-p-sig-sauer.jpg

320f-9-bss-rx.jpg

I've been eyeing up the P320 for a couple months now. I just haven't convinced myself to go buy one. The X Five seems overpriced to me so I probably wouldn't go for that one. I like the idea of having the red dot model, but I don't know anyone that has a red dot on their carry pistol. I've seen some on range only guns, but I would want to carry the P320.

Back