What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Polymer80 Compact frames WITHOUT the stipple done from the factory are $119 right now at Glock Store and Rainier Arms. Brownells too. I ordered one from Rainier as I live in WA and figured the shipping would be less that way.

@spamking

V7

IMG_0644_1024x1024.JPG

Last edited:
I ordered a mccmilan stock for my m70ew. Now I just have to wait like several months for it.

Also, looking into making some small game hand loads for my kimber 308. Like something subsonic I could just take a few rounds of with me to shoot small stuff when I'm out working rather than taking along a second gun just for that.

I was reading something where anguy was saying to just load an OO buck into the 308 case with a small charge and it's good out to 30m. Maybe I'll try it.

So in the next couple months I'll probably get a gen 3 prs, Colt rifle length buffer tube, some type of rifle length spring and probably a jp lmos buffer.

I ordered a mccmilan stock for my m70ew. Now I just have to wait like several months for it.

Also, looking into making some small game hand loads for my kimber 308. Like something subsonic I could just take a few rounds of with me to shoot small stuff when I'm out working rather than taking along a second gun just for that.

I was reading something where anguy was saying to just load an OO buck into the 308 case with a small charge and it's good out to 30m. Maybe I'll try it.

Sabots01_small.jpg

+

hornhdpic22261.jpg

Last edited:
@Gregolian
Spectre 80 thrown from a moving vehicle during a police chase in Lodi. Didn't hold up so well.
18839534_10155285921643864_7425889127845968095_o.jpg

That I am not sure, I couldn't find anything on how fast the car was going
The gun cracked right across where you drill the holes to hold the trigger and guide in... wonder if someone went to big and it was already partially cracked or something.

The gun cracked right across where you drill the holes to hold the trigger and guide in... wonder if someone went to big and it was already partially cracked or something.

The suspect was a 17 year-old kid in a town known for meth, so I'd be willing to bet that last 20% wasn't as smooth as the first 80

The suspect was a 17 year-old kid in a town known for meth, so I'd be willing to bet that last 20% wasn't as smooth as the first 80
No doubt.

Lodi's claim to fame for people in my area is being mentioned as meth central in this show:

I got rid of a Magnum Research 1911 I had and picked up a S&W M&P40 and a Henry 45-70 I think this weekend I'm going to look around for a Springfield M1A or a Browning BAR.

It amazes me how many people lie about accuracy of their rifles. Some of it isn't even close to being believable. Some of the stuff I've seen is just

<36>

Most recent, easy sub moa with surplus ammo.

Stock DPMS heavy .223 shoots .25 moa

.1 moa custom ar

Such and such basic rifle does consistent sub moa with pmc, Wolf, etc.

It amazes me how many people lie about accuracy of their rifles. Some of it isn't even close to being believable. Some of the stuff I've seen is just

<36>

Most recent, easy sub moa with surplus ammo.

Stock DPMS heavy .223 shoots .25 moa

.1 moa custom ar

Such and such basic rifle does consistent sub moa with pmc, Wolf, etc.

Same in the hunting community. The thing I also don't understand is why it's so important that your hunting rifle shoots tiny groups from a bench....what about cold bore single shot accuracy from positions you'd actually use while hunting???...

I got rid of a Magnum Research 1911 I had and picked up a S&W M&P40 and a Henry 45-70 I think this weekend I'm going to look around for a Springfield M1A or a Browning BAR.

My buddy had a BAR stalker, it's pretty fun, I can't imagine owning one and using it though. Pretty heavy for a hunting rifle.

Same in the hunting community. The thing I also don't understand is why it's so important that your hunting rifle shoots tiny groups from a bench....what about cold bore single shot accuracy from positions you'd actually use while hunting???...

Well from what I've read cold bore affects very little if any. I've seen firearm sites test it and call it mostly a myth.

Clean bore on the other hand will likely experience poi shift. A big mistake is cleaning a hunting rifle and not running 5-10 shots through it.

Well from what I've read cold bore affects very little if any. I've seen firearm sites test it and call it mostly a myth.

Clean bore on the other hand will likely experience poi shift. A big mistake is cleaning a hunting rifle and not running 5-10 shots through it.

Sure. I don't clean them all that much to be honest. Im just always surprised how many guys go to the range and shoot groups at 100yds using shitty ammo then expect some
Magic to happen during their hunt.

The only time I shoot hunting rifles at a bench is to get them sighted in, after That, pretty much all the practice is shooting clay pigeons set out randomly from 50-300yds with the end goal of hitting however many I set out that day on the first shot every time (usually 20). Tin cans work well too.

Lots of hunting rifles will make sub 1" groups but I personally have never been in a hunting situation where I get a perfect 100yd benched shot at something lol.

Don't even get me started on shitty hunters lol. The season is coming up in a few months and we're just waiting for the shit show to start.

-guys who can't shoot
-guys leaving meat in the woods to spoil because it was heavier than they thought it would be...their new pack felt great with 20lbs in it.....they never even tried it with 75-90lbs...
-guys leaving meat in the woods because their feet are too torn up....those boots looked cool in the catalog a week ago, too bad you didn't get the right boot or break them in.

-guys leaving meat in the woods because they are just too damn fat and out of shape to actually do the work....this is th most common. Fat guys who swear they are in shape only to cause serious drama because they just can't hang.

It's all good, I've got my barneys pack frame all set up, I'll hike in and haul quarters out....for 500 bucks...or you can take those tickets for spoiling meat. Their choice lol.

Don't even get me started on shitty hunters lol. The season is coming up in a few months and we're just waiting for the shit show to start.

-guys who can't shoot
-guys leaving meat in the woods to spoil because it was heavier than they thought it would be...their new pack felt great with 20lbs in it.....they never even tried it with 75-90lbs...
-guys leaving meat in the woods because their feet are too torn up....those boots looked cool in the catalog a week ago, too bad you didn't get the right boot or break them in.

-guys leaving meat in the woods because they are just too damn fat and out of shape to actually do the work....this is th most common. Fat guys who swear they are in shape only to cause serious drama because they just can't hang.

It's all good, I've got my barneys pack frame all set up, I'll hike in and haul quarters out....for 500 bucks...or you can take those tickets for spoiling meat. Their choice lol.

Sound like a bunch of fucks who need pity. :eek:

Because that'd be me if I had some bucket-list dream of killing something bigger than me on a hike and lugging some of it for miles after someone else carved it up for me. :oops:

Back