What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Dang. 35-40 miles. Whoa. I remember hiking from the South Rim down the Bright Angel Trail down to Phantom Ranch and back up on the same day. Felt like I was going to stroke out by the time I was done. That was only about 15 miles total, but down a mile and back up a mile in elevation.

Yeah the guy is an archaeologist who works for the ADFG like me (I'm not an archaeologist though) and he's been mapping really old native hunting and transit trails that he finds by sort of using reallynold books, folk stories and satellites. It's pretty cool really.
I'm hoping to check out some of the places with him. He did lot of research back 10-20 years ago about people coming to the Americas on the Bering land bridge.

The dudes place is just full of arrowheads and flakes and stone hammers and shit like that, last time I was out with him he showed me a few really cool random sites, one was a spot where somebody had sat down and made an arrowhead hundreds of years back there were flakes of obsidian everywhere, another was a place with several tree stumps that had been cut down with stone axes a long time back.

Hopefully I'll be one of these old school Alaska guys someday.

Got 4 mags for the 77/22, a volquartsen sear for it and 1k rounds of the cci quiet ammo. Also got me some new hip boots.

Fucking ptarmigans for dinner.

It's here:

The only shitty part so far is this:

I'm gonna ding the occular for sure on a hard cycling of the bolt.

Last edited:
It's here:

The only shitty part so far is this:

I'm gonna ding the occular for sure on a hard cycling of the bolt.

Dang web filters. Guess I'll have to check out the pics at home.

10% down at time of order, have to wait for approval (like two days according to the Facebook post), they send the gun to an FFL you get it and start making payments.

Like 11% interest though.

http://www.nighthawkcustom.com/financing

Temptation is super high though admittedly.

Would be if it was zero interest 1 year or something. I don't like the idea of paying an extra $3-400 for something.

Yeah, it's a VX-2 Scout, 1.5-4×28mm. I want to get another set of see through scope caps for this as well.

Nice choice, I've got leupolds on all until working rifles now except for 1 which has a Swarovski z3 on it.

$3k-$4k for a pistol? Holy crap . . .
They're one of the top essentially custom 1911 companies out there.

That's the only reason I would even bother mentioning their finance option

$3k-$4k for a pistol? Holy crap . . .

I'm with you. As much as I want a freedom arms revolver I just can't justify ~3k on a gun when my super blackhawk is probably 95% as good and cost about 700 bucks.

Someday maybe, not right now though.

They are awesome though.

Did you see that nighthawk/korth collaboration revolver??? It looks pretty sweet. Gsg9 and That other elite French spec ops team use korth 357 mag revolvers. They are hard to find in the USA and insanely expensive if you do.

Back