What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Sold one, got a new one.

I have been using a cz455 for a little bit as my small game rifle, CZ makes some awesome stuff and this rifle was sweet but I hate the magazine on it, the 10rd mag sticks out like 3" and to me this is just unnaceptable, firstly it looks like shit, secondly I brokenone already from whacking it hard in accident and thirdly when I carry the rifle over my shoulders with a sling, the sharp corners of the mag shred my nice jackets or poke me when I'm wearing a shirt.

I sold it to a local guy for about what I paid for it sndnhes pumped because all he had before it is a marlin model 60 that's like 30 years old.

Anyways,
I ended up finding another ruger 77/22 brand new on gunbroker for only 525.00 so I got it, I can't believe I scored it for that price because ruger discontinued these so people are in gouge mode with these things, I've seen them going for 1500.00 and I know people who have paid 900+ dollars for them.

Anyways this one is synthetic stock, stainless action, blued barrel, should be solid, I'll throw the leupold 4x rimfire scope and the nylon sling I took off the CZ and use them for this rifle.

I've been getting really into small game hunting this year (they count grouse and as small game here) because it's delicious in my crock pot but also, I can just go out in the woods around the town and nobody gives a shit, I don't have to plan a major expedition like you donfor moose and caribou etc and best of all, you can do it on native land and they don't care.

Anyways, small game hunting gets me out in the woods playing with guns, and usually can get something pretty good for a meal, the 22lr is sort of becoming my new favorite caliber. I really only hunt big game once or twice a year, small game I can do as often as I like for as long or as short as I want....shit I could walk the road or the air strip and shoot a few birds wearing shorts and running shoes.

Oh yeah, the ruger 77/22s use the same magazines as 10/22s, that's sort of what I was getting at talking about the annoying mag of the cz455.

I need to get going on this .308 project. Hoping I can find some DPMS styled upper and lowers on sale soon.

20170511_164533_zpskg4vxnfn.jpg

20170511_165629_zpsz3twvc17.jpg

20170511_164953_zpsr6xn8zhu.jpg

20170511_204021_zpstslny0xw.jpg

20170511_204519_zpsdspxxvu9.jpg

20170511_204322_zpsr9gybsry.jpg

20170511_205056_zpsgzmq7g6r.jpg

@Cubo de Sangre

You have a jp lmos right?

So I bought the separate parts as I wanted a V7 firing and cam pin. So I just used a regular ar cotter pin I had laying around and it sticks out big time. Is that normal or does JP have a shorter one?

I need to get going on this .308 project. Hoping I can find some DPMS styled upper and lowers on sale soon.

Check out Gibbz or Stag Arms . . . they sell matched sets. Stag has sales on the regular.

Dang dude. Your finances giving you the finger yet?

Nice buys.

Oh yes lol. After this build I intend to take it easy for a bit. It's kind of starting to be "off season" for shooting(for me, too damn hot) atm anyway so even though I only need a few more parts to finish, I probably won't finish it for 4-5 months.

Shot my 300 Blackout pistol today. That sucker kicks. Need to find a shorter handguard so I can put my suppressor on it.

Shot my 7.62x39 build as well. Side-charging upper did great. Just need to break it down and oil that baby up again . . .

Oh yes lol. After this build I intend to take it easy for a bit. It's kind of starting to be "off season" for shooting(for me, too damn hot) atm anyway so even though I only need a few more parts to finish, I probably won't finish it for 4-5 months.

I'll be in mesa June 24-july 15. Not looking forward to that heat, not at all. Brb going running at 4am.

I am looking forward to hitting up outdoorsmans, cabelas etc and eating at the mother fucking Cheesecake Factory and a bunch of other good restsraunts....red white and brew....

I may even get my sister to buy that Barrett fieldcraft for me if we see one, I'm not paying alaska price for that thing.

I'll be in mesa June 24-july 15. Not looking forward to that heat, not at all. Brb going running at 4am.

I am looking forward to hitting up outdoorsmans, cabelas etc and eating at the mother fucking Cheesecake Factory and a bunch of other good restsraunts....red white and brew....

I may even get my sister to buy that Barrett fieldcraft for me if we see one, I'm not paying alaska price for that thing.

Cheesecake Factory . . . for actual food?

Dude.

I like the cake . . . food is over priced IMO. ;)

@Cubo de Sangre

You have a jp lmos right?

So I bought the separate parts as I wanted a V7 firing and cam pin. So I just used a regular ar cotter pin I had laying around and it sticks out big time. Is that normal or does JP have a shorter one?

Yes.

Don't know. Just recall buying the stuff from JP. Need me to pull it out and check?

Cheesecake Factory . . . for actual food?

Dude.

I like the cake . . . food is over priced IMO. ;)

Yeah it's overpriced as hell but they have a few things there I really like. There's all sorts of places I'm going to eat when I get to Phoenix. I'm just going to get fat for a few weeks before I head up north and go back into forced weight loss mode (hiking all day every day for work and not having excess amounts of food and restaraunts readily available).

Some of the guys who work up here hike excessive amounts daily, I'm trying to be one of them. There's a guy who's like 62 years old and he does these loops of like 35-40 miles almost daily, it's insane.

Yes.

Don't know. Just recall buying the stuff from JP. Need me to pull it out and check?

If it's not a hassle. If it is, no big deal I was just going to call jp monday.

It looks really strange on mine.

Edit found a video online, it sticks out. Just looks weird imo.

Last edited:
Yeah it's overpriced as hell but they have a few things there I really like. There's all sorts of places I'm going to eat when I get to Phoenix. I'm just going to get fat for a few weeks before I head up north and go back into forced weight loss mode (hiking all day every day for work and not having excess amounts of food and restaraunts readily available).

Some of the guys who work up here hike excessive amounts daily, I'm trying to be one of them. There's a guy who's like 62 years old and he does these loops of like 35-40 miles almost daily, it's insane.

Dang. 35-40 miles. Whoa. I remember hiking from the South Rim down the Bright Angel Trail down to Phantom Ranch and back up on the same day. Felt like I was going to stroke out by the time I was done. That was only about 15 miles total, but down a mile and back up a mile in elevation.

Back