What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Anybody have any experience with 460 Rowland conversion kits or 45 Super? I'm thinking about heating up my XD45

eGoVfB.jpg

9dHKM1.jpg

I'll take some better pics when out on the range with my ar-15 and Benelli super nova this weekend.

Weapon feels great in the hand, heavy in just the right places and is nicely balanced

Well looks like the rifle game is starting to pick up....which is bad for the wallet and I'll also need a lie to tell my wife about why the new gun is different lol.

-the moss green kimbers are showing up in gunbroker. They are making the ascent and the montana in green this year. I won't be getting one of these because I already have them (just not in the new green color)

-there's now a kimber subalpine on gunbroker, I've been checking daily and this is the first one I've seen. Unfortunately only stock photos on gunbroker so looking forward to some more of these popping up in the wild. Looks like the street price is going to be at 1500.00 +/- which is what I expected, montanas are ~ 1200.00 and ascents are ~ 1700.00.

-word on the street is that Barrett sent out its first shipment of fieldcraft hunting rifles, so far just 308 and 6.5. I'm really looking forward to seeing what's up with these and if they have been worth the wait, I'd probably get one in .270 for sheep hunting. Barrett right now has the rings and rails for these on sale as well. List price is 1800.00 so we will see what they hit the street at.

The Barrett rifle is intriguing, seems like they address several areas that people want: the mag box is longer (good for reloaders) and Apparently the barrels and actions are bedded specifically to each stock (like a NULA), if this has the same properties as a NULA, then you may be able to shoot different bullet weights with little to no change in poi (like a NULA).....for 1/2 the cost of a NULA.

Anyways good things in the works for those of us who like lightweight hunting rigs or do the type of hunting where we need to carry the guns a lot and shoot a little. I'm especially interested in the Barrett.

eGoVfB.jpg

9dHKM1.jpg

I'll take some better pics when out on the range with my ar-15 and Benelli super nova this weekend.

Weapon feels great in the hand, heavy in just the right places and is nicely balanced

That's fucking sweet man!!! I like those bobtail commanders.

That's what I hear, did you have it the traditional way with like chopped up carrots and stuff??? Almost like a stew???

Can't recall exactly, but I don't think so. Pretty sure it was just the meat. This was on campus at UAF when they had some type of food presentation by some club. I recall a huge spread and it also being my first experience with smoked salmon. That and the musk ox were the two foods I really enjoyed enough to remember. Now I pretty much like salmon only when smoked. :)

@bushman505

sK5iu1d.jpg

b3GZNi2.jpg

I tried to check the serial number, from what I can find it think it's between 1957 and 1962. Model 37 no dash serial 235XXX.

Does it come with a different recoil spring?

Man that sounds like it's going to seriously beat up the components of that pistol.

It does not, but I've been reading reports that the current iteration of these kits for the XD have lasted well over 2000 rounds without a hitch. It seems that Rowland has worked out all of the kinks. The earlier models with a less beefy compensator (or none at all) had all sorts of problems with crazy slide velocities and poor feeding and extracting. G21s were getting rails torn off of the frame and all of that.

One of two things is going to happen here: I'm either going to fling thunderbolts down from Olympus, or have a hook for a hand.

upload_2017-3-29_21-35-55.png

Having an undercut done on the trigger guard of my G23.

Here's the latest additions. A CZ 40B 40s&w and an Arex Rex Zero 1 9mm. Second picture is the CZ pre-wood grips. I think they spruce it up nicely. :)

IMG_4324_zps7qlwvxss.jpg

IMG_2856_zpsr7zudz8j.jpg

Here's the latest additions. A CZ 40B 40s&w and an Arex Rex Zero 1 9mm. Second picture is the CZ pre-wood grips. I think they spruce it up nicely. :)

IMG_4324_zps7qlwvxss.jpg

IMG_2856_zpsr7zudz8j.jpg

How much you pay for that sig sayer clone looking thing?

Im about to rose ra McMillan stock for my m70, planning on an old school forest camo, I always wanted one like that. Will look awesome as the paint stertsngetting scraped and worn off.

How much you pay for that sig sayer clone looking thing?

Im about to rose ra McMillan stock for my m70, planning on an old school forest camo, I always wanted one like that. Will look awesome as the paint stertsngetting scraped and worn off.

With shipping $590. What's the comparable Sig for the money?

I'm basically set on guns but I have how I am jones-ing to buy another 1911. Kill me.

I'm basically set on guns but I have how I am jones-ing to buy another 1911. Kill me.
I'm resisting the urge to purchase a colt delta elite. I don't really need another 10mm.....but the want is strong.

Back