What's Your Next Purchase? V5

No monies... :(

Admittedly been browsing Ed Brown and Wilson 1911s... fffuuuu

You're a high-end shopper! Was thinking more of pawing off my Springfield on you. :cool:

I still think a lot of people missed the boat by not picking up one of the CZ 1911A1's for about $700-$800. They were made in the Dan Wesson shop here in the USA that CZ owns. While not up to the standards of those other companies, it's a great deal compared to other DW offerings.

You're a high-end shopper! Was thinking more of pawing off my Springfield on you. :cool:

I still think a lot of people missed the boat by not picking up one of the CZ 1911A1's for about $700-$800. They were made in the Dan Wesson shop here in the USA that CZ owns. While not up to the standards of those other companies, it's a great deal compared to other DW offerings.
Lol.

I have a Springer myself already.

I have a pretty barebones Springer 1911... and a more unique Para 14.45 1911... I'd really like something like a TRP or a high end 1911.

Last edited:
Lol.

I have a Springer myself already.

I have a pretty barebones Springer 1911... and a more unique Para 14.45 1911... I'd really like something like a TRP or a high end 1911.

What's special about the TRP?

Last edited:
http://www.springfield-armory.com/products/1911-trp-45-acp/

My dad has a friend that is something of a 1911 collector and he has a Dan Wesson, Baer, and Wilson Combat 1911 and a TRP. The TRP, when he let me play with all of them, feels ALMOST as silky smooth but at the same time I wouldn't be scared to actually use it compared to the other three.

For the $1300 (it looks like these TRP's cost) it should be pretty nice. As for being the best bang for your buck, I'd love to see a comparison with the CZ 1911A1. Don't see one online though.

Ohhhhhhhhhh shit.

my conworker showed up with a new rifle today.....a NULA (new ultra lite arms), made in West Virginia by a guy named Melvin Forbes.

This was about the nicest, most perfect rifle I've ever handled. It made my kimber feel like a cheap toy.

This guy is a sheep hunter like me and gets paid the same as me but I'm married so I need to deal with the boss but after taking a few shots from his rifle, 3500 dollars and a 6 month wait dosent seem overpriced.

Holy shit is that a nice gun. Holy shit, this thing was as accurate with a hot barrel as it was at cold bore, 3" mag box so you could really play with reloading (this one is a 308). This is probably the niceest rifle I've ever held. Just unbelievable.

My kimber is hanging in shame in my mud room right now. I'm not saying I'll buy one but I'm saying come summer, I'm going to look at the finances and see if there's a way to swing a 3500 dollar rifle purchase.....andnof course a scope that's worthy of such a rifle.

Ohhhhhhhhhh shit.

my conworker showed up with a new rifle today.....a NULA (new ultra lite arms), made in West Virginia by a guy named Melvin Forbes.

This was about the nicest, most perfect rifle I've ever handled. It made my kimber feel like a cheap toy.

This guy is a sheep hunter like me and gets paid the same as me but I'm married so I need to deal with the boss but after taking a few shots from his rifle, 3500 dollars and a 6 month wait dosent seem overpriced.

Holy shit is that a nice gun. Holy shit, this thing was as accurate with a hot barrel as it was at cold bore, 3" mag box so you could really play with reloading (this one is a 308). This is probably the niceest rifle I've ever held. Just unbelievable.

My kimber is hanging in shame in my mud room right now. I'm not saying I'll buy one but I'm saying come summer, I'm going to look at the finances and see if there's a way to swing a 3500 dollar rifle purchase.....andnof course a scope that's worthy of such a rifle.

Sell those AR's you don't shoot.

I was thinking of selling the ARs I wonder what they are even worth right now lol. The other day I saw ruger AR15s for sale for like 475.00....

I doubt I'd get much for my ARs, with everything on the market now, mine are all old school, just standard rails, not m lock or keymod or whatever is out there, shit, my Daniel defense is still a made in savannah lower which is actually pretty cool.

The DD m4v3 is the fanciest AR I have and it's pretty tame compared to what's available now. My other ones are even more simple, a bone stock LE6920 and a BCM A4. Those are both about as simple as they come.

I grabbed the 6920 right before a panic in like 2011/12 and the A4, I had because when I worked for the state land comission they had old m16s for emergencies and I thought I'd use the A4 to train on, never did lol.

Last edited:
Got a Benelli Ethos on order right now. 12 gauge with a 26in barrel. gonna be my new huntin' iron.

15538950_152951118519927_7111205174785343488_n.jpg

3 of these

391498_351066218302409_533354607_n.jpg

G-Code RTI ISS Mule holster.

It doesn't ride high like most duty holsters do and it's not as low as most drop leg style holster are.

Hey @RerouteToRemain, here's the Trijicon MRO atop the Kriss Vector CRB Gen 2. Note that I already swapped out the buttstock for the traditional folder.

Kriss%20MRO_zpsfd3y2ppb.jpg

Without firing the damn thing yet, here are some thoughts.
  • That handguard looks fucking cool, but seems to weigh too much. I've ordered one of round ones from the previous models.
  • As a lefty, holding the body of the frame with the right hand is bad because it's way too easy to drop the mag release (not pictured).
  • As a lefty, not sure the bolt release is all that convenient.
  • MRO optic is badass.
  • I think I need a VFG on the lower rail, due to both the front-heavy weighting and ease of dropping my mag unintentionally.

Did my paper work for my ed brown1911 kobra carry today.

Originally ordered the silver finish full size but found out it's not on the doj for CA so got this
Ed-Brown-Kobra-Carry_001.jpg

The full size I originally ordered was a demo with less then 100 rounds fired thru it and marked at discount, when I had to switch to the carry the website I ordered from said that was fine and honored the discounted price for one that was brand new.

Did my paper work for my ed brown1911 kobra carry today.

Originally ordered the silver finish full size but found out it's not on the doj for CA so got this
Ed-Brown-Kobra-Carry_001.jpg

The full size I originally ordered was a demo with less then 100 rounds fired thru it and marked at discount, when I had to switch to the carry the website I ordered from said that was fine and honored the discounted price for one that was brand new.

Personally I prefer this look. Great piece!

Back