What's your next purchase? v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about buying an AR-15. Never owned one but every time I go into my local gun store I keep seeing the little Norinco CQA with the 10.5 inch barrel. Been hearing some good stuff about the Norinco AR's, and its only 650.

Not that I have anything against Norcs, but most of their appeal comes from the price; adjust your expectations accordingly. Speaking of which, I can't get behind the Type 97; I understand the appeal of having another, non-restricted, black, bullpup that can accept AR and Beowulf mags, but IMO, spending $1K defeats the purpose of buying Chinese in the first place.

I picked up a 686 off my SGM who was leaving post for $400. I laughed all the way to the bank.

I traded an old Walther P-38 that I had for mine about 15 years ago. Judging by what I see those p-38s going for these days I should've held on to it. Like the 686 though , it's got a permanent home on the top shelf of my bedroom closet

Not that I have anything against Norcs, but most of their appeal comes from the price; adjust your expectations accordingly. Speaking of which, I can't get behind the Type 97; I understand the appeal of having another, non-restricted, black, bullpup that can accept AR and Beowulf mags, but IMO, spending $1K defeats the purpose of buying Chinese in the first place.

Norinco has really been upping their game lately. I bought one of their 1911's and the thing is great. Fit/finish isn't all that amazing but functionally I haven't had one issue yet like 1000 rounds later. Out of the box all I really needed to do was reform the trigger bow slightly. I'm kind of expecting the same with the CQA. Not so great fit and finish, and some fine tuning required, but at the price I'm willing to put up with it.

And I agree about the Type 97. 1k is a bit pricy. It is a really interesting gun though, and non restricted. If I had the extra cash I might throw some money down for one just so I have something else to take into the bush. One Chinese gun I would fork out 1k+ for without hesitation is the Type 81. I'm still holding my breath hoping they let them in.

Norinco has really been upping their game lately. I bought one of their 1911's and the thing is great. Fit/finish isn't all that amazing but functionally I haven't had one issue yet like 1000 rounds later. Out of the box all I really needed to do was reform the trigger bow slightly. I'm kind of expecting the same with the CQA. Not so great fit and finish, and some fine tuning required, but at the price I'm willing to put up with it.

And I agree about the Type 97. 1k is a bit pricy. It is a really interesting gun though, and non restricted. If I had the extra cash I might throw some money down for one just so I have something else to take into the bush. One Chinese gun I would fork out 1k+ for without hesitation is the Type 81. I'm still holding my breath hoping they let them in.

While I'd probably never own a Norc myself, I have to agree that most are pretty good buys. My buddy's Norinco 1911 in 9mm ran better than my Remington, before it broke in, for half the price. As you said, fit and finish was lacking, but spending $300-$400 for a 1911 that works, is not a bad deal at all.

710-141.jpg

http://www.benchmade.com/products/710-141

Not sure if I will buy it but I think about pre ordering one of these all the time since it was announced.

LWRC M6A2 and Springfield XDS-45.

Getting smoking deals on both. Pretty excited about it.

My SP101 in .22LR just arrived, it's actually got a heavier trigger than my GP100.

LWRC M6A2 and Springfield XDS-45.

Getting smoking deals on both. Pretty excited about it.

Nice, I really dig LWRC's rifles. I don't know if Colt buying them was a good idea. Still not sure how I feel about it.

lwrc doesn't do it for me

i want to like them, and they do good stuff, but it seems to be more money than it's worth.

i've heard all about the DI/piston debate, and i'll say ive only shot a piston gun once, but man it was front heavy.

lwrc doesn't do it for me

i want to like them, and they do good stuff, but it seems to be more money than it's worth.

i've heard all about the DI/piston debate, and i'll say ive only shot a piston gun once, but man it was front heavy.

Lwrc is great. I am not a fan of all piston set ups but custom adam arms rifles and lwrc are awesome.

I think I'm gonna take this Arsenal SLR-107FR tomorrow morning. It just came in and I haven't seen one for sale in over a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back