What's your next purchase? v2

Buy a Ruger 10/22. that way you can get thousands of rd for cheap and just run though them all day and not go broke doing it. I have put a 1000 rds though mine in one month. Hi-cap mag might be hard to find for them now but i haven't looked.

I considered it, but .22 lr is out of stock. I might be a day short on that.

Fighter:
You're right, shoty ammo seems to be on the shelves apart from the ones you mentioned.

Buy a Ruger 10/22. that way you can get thousands of rd for cheap and just run though them all day and not go broke doing it. I have put a 1000 rds though mine in one month. Hi-cap mag might be hard to find for them now but i haven't looked.

I can't even find bricks of cheap 22 right now. :( I have run through my supply and am down to about 600-700 rounds which is only 1, maybe two runs to the range. :(
I'm worried that part of Oblahblahblah's plan is to add a tax to ammo like they have on cigarettes.

Went out to buy that Stoeger 20 gauge this morning, but the gun shop had upped all their prices from $50-100, and a used 20 gauge Coach supreme (retail $450 new) was now $469 used. So I said fuck that and left. I went to Cabelas to get this M&P 40 they had for $400 in their gun library, but when I inspected it up close, there was a few spots of rust on the slide, so I passed.

Thought I wouldn't be getting a gun today, but then I saw a Glock 23 Gen 4 for $400 in the next case over and, after checking it out, it was clean and tight, looked like it had never been shot. While I was waiting for the background check, I saw the unthinkable, a Ruger 10/22 for $200!

Wound up buying them both.

On the way out, I saw a brand new M&P357 on clearance for $499, but I'd just bought two guns, and I had to draw a line somewhere. I have a feeling I'm going to regret not getting the 357 too.

I'll put pics in the show your stuff thread when I take them.

Went out to buy that Stoeger 20 gauge this morning, but the gun shop had upped all their prices from $50-100, and a used 20 gauge Coach supreme (retail $450 new) was now $469 used. So I said fuck that and left. I went to Cabelas to get this M&P 40 they had for $400 in their gun library, but when I inspected it up close, there was a few spots of rust on the slide, so I passed.

Thought I wouldn't be getting a gun today, but then I saw a Glock 23 Gen 4 for $400 in the next case over and, after checking it out, it was clean and tight, looked like it had never been shot. While I was waiting for the background check, I saw the unthinkable, a Ruger 10/22 for $200!

Wound up buying them both.

On the way out, I saw a brand new M&P357 on clearance for $499, but I'd just bought two guns, and I had to draw a line somewhere. I have a feeling I'm going to regret not getting the 357 too.

I'll put pics in the show your stuff thread when I take them.

Nice pick ups.

TBH, I'm not all that fond of my 10/22. Mine is super finicky on ammo. Basically, if I am not using CCI's and running it wet with oil, it stovepipes. Constantly. The only thing reliable about it, is that it reliably fucking FTE's at least once every 10 rounds. Also, it came with off cantor sights from the factory, which is apparently a known problem that has been going on for years. It turns me off from ruger knowing that thier QC would let a gun with crooked sights leave the factory, let alone it be a constant problem on what is probably thier best selling rifle of all time. I understand its an inexpensive rifle, but if its your best selling rifle for 40+ years, you shouldnt still be having those type of quality issues. I've kept it because its cheap and probably not worth the hassle of selling, but its most likely the last Ruger I will ever purchase.

I can't even find bricks of cheap 22 right now. :( I have run through my supply and am down to about 600-700 rounds which is only 1, maybe two runs to the range. :(
I'm worried that part of Oblahblahblah's plan is to add a tax to ammo like they have on cigarettes.

The ammo shortage will blow over as soon as the nutters stop stock piling it. I was talking to the walmart manager, who said they have been getting plenty of ammo in shipment, but the same 3 guys keep coming in, waiting around for hours for the shipment to arrive, and then buying ALL of it. And they keep telling this manager about how Obama is buying up all the ammo so regular folk cant have it. No a-hole, regular folk cant have it because you nutters keep buying it all.

The ammo shortage will blow over as soon as the nutters stop stock piling it. I was talking to the walmart manager, who said they have been getting plenty of ammo in shipment, but the same 3 guys keep coming in, waiting around for hours for the shipment to arrive, and then buying ALL of it. And they keep telling this manager about how Obama is buying up all the ammo so regular folk cant have it. No a-hole, regular folk cant have it because you nutters keep buying it all.

This. Academy has stopped putting ammo on the shelf to limit customers to 5 boxes.

Nice grabs Jory.

Thanks, although when I got home and opened it up, the Glock was pretty dry and pretty dirty. I haven't cleaned it up yet, but I don't think it'll be a problem once I do.

Thanks, although when I got home and opened it up, the Glock was pretty dry and pretty dirty. I haven't cleaned it up yet, but I don't think it'll be a problem once I do.

Yeah a little oil it will run like a champ. Glocks work.

Yeah a little oil it will run like a champ. Glocks work.

Yeah a Gen 1 Glock 23 was my first handgun. Loved it, but traded it in for a G19 because I couldn't afford to feed it. Haven't owned a Glock in 6 years through. Excited to see how this one compares.

Yeah. I've given up on trying to buy ammo for a while.

Call Ruger, their customer service is supposed to be good. Tell them the problems and see what they say.

Nice pick ups.

TBH, I'm not all that fond of my 10/22. Mine is super finicky on ammo. Basically, if I am not using CCI's and running it wet with oil, it stovepipes. Constantly. The only thing reliable about it, is that it reliably fucking FTE's at least once every 10 rounds. Also, it came with off cantor sights from the factory, which is apparently a known problem that has been going on for years. It turns me off from ruger knowing that thier QC would let a gun with crooked sights leave the factory, let alone it be a constant problem on what is probably thier best selling rifle of all time. I understand its an inexpensive rifle, but if its your best selling rifle for 40+ years, you shouldnt still be having those type of quality issues. I've kept it because its cheap and probably not worth the hassle of selling, but its most likely the last Ruger I will ever purchase.

And they keep telling this manager about how Obama is buying up all the ammo so regular folk cant have it. No a-hole, regular folk cant have it because you nutters keep buying it all.

I'm suprised any ammo gets shipped to where I live at all. lol.

I've started just buying a couple boxes of whatever they have at Sports Authority whenever I get into the big city. Right now there is plenty of Winchester .45ACP but until recently they never had any of that caliber. One time In 3 years I've seen .40S&W. One or two times there was 9mm. And one time there was 7.62x39. I'm usually lucky to get .22lr. Somehow the place is overflowing with Winchester shotgun shells.

Just got this from action targets. Hoping to get the Hostage target next month

2ryosit.jpg

just got a Benelli Super Black Eagle II with the slug barrel
benelli_beii0225111.jpg

I don't remember posting but I traded a road bicycle for a M&P 9c. So far so good, but 9mm ammo is almost at the same cost as .45...

guns2_zpsa75ddcad.jpg

guns1_zps25cec3ef.jpg

My next purchase was gonna be the springfield xds in 9mm when it comes out but now I think I'm gonna have to save for an AK or a Saiga 12 or both. I have a feeling the politicians aren't gonna give up during these next four years.

My next purchase was gonna be the springfield xds in 9mm when it comes out but now I think I'm gonna have to save for an AK or a Saiga 12 or both. I have a feeling the politicians aren't gonna give up during these next four years.

I'm with you on the XDs 9mm or maybe a LC9.

Back