What's your favorite team oriented sports game to watch?

What's your favorite team oriented sports game to watch?

• Total voters
When I'm overseas I think Japanese pro baseball and Aussie Rules Football in Australia take the cake for me.

Women's soccer.

But only the US, ENG, FRA, and CAN teams. For science.

For an average game it's both hockey and football, probably more likely to get enjoyment out of a hockey game not involving my team rather than a football game though, but when the playoffs hit it's hockey easily. Fast paced and physical, tons of drama, any given game from any team combo is likely to be very fun to watch.
Soccer and baseball are more fun to play than watch. Minor league baseball is more fun to go to or watch than an MLB game, due to the quicker pacing and smaller ballparks. Baseball, I was a stats nut as a kid, I was doing formulas to rank stats long before the current OPS, WHIP, and other newer stats were implemented. I swear if all math problems related to baseball stats back then I'd have been in advanced college level math classes before junior high. Soccer, the field is just too big to have a good enough pace. Hockey has the same essential formula as soccer but the small field of play and added physicality makes it much more exciting to watch.
Rugby isn't big here so I cannot really comment on it as I don't get to watch it and have no emotional investment in it.
Basketball was more fun to watch before the rules were watered down and when the players were tougher.
Cricket? You have to know what a crumpet is to know cricket.

For an average game it's both hockey and football, probably more likely to get enjoyment out of a hockey game not involving my team rather than a football game though, but when the playoffs hit it's hockey easily. Fast paced and physical, tons of drama, any given game from any team combo is likely to be very fun to watch.
Soccer and baseball are more fun to play than watch. Minor league baseball is more fun to go to or watch than an MLB game, due to the quicker pacing and smaller ballparks. Baseball, I was a stats nut as a kid, I was doing formulas to rank stats long before the current OPS, WHIP, and other newer stats were implemented. I swear if all math problems related to baseball stats back then I'd have been in advanced college level math classes before junior high. Soccer, the field is just too big to have a good enough pace. Hockey has the same essential formula as soccer but the small field of play and added physicality makes it much more exciting to watch.
Rugby isn't big here so I cannot really comment on it as I don't get to watch it and have no emotional investment in it.
Basketball was more fun to watch before the rules were watered down and when the players were tougher.
Cricket? You have to know what a crumpet is to know cricket.

There is recently another attempt at professional rugby in the USA (Major League Rugby), it seems like it might have a decent chance of actually surviving since as far as I understand it they used existing teams/areas with reasonably strong rugby bases, maybe you could pick a team and start watching a few games. Not many teams yet, but I think they will be gradually incorporating more. Though of course the standard of play won't be that great to begin with.

If it survives it'll be decades or more before it starts to have any real impact (like soccer).

Football is the only team sport I watch outside of playoff basketball. I used to be a huge basketball fan but the new style of play is terrible and defense somehow got worse in the league.

NFL
NBA
NHL
MLB
USA women's soccer or Premier League or Bundesliga (those are the only games I seem to get in my cable package)
Rugby (the English Premier League) I only understand 2/3 of the rules but I sorta follow the rest in context.

Football is the only team sport I watch outside of playoff basketball. I used to be a huge basketball fan but the new style of play is terrible and defense somehow got worse in the league.
Defense doesn't exist anymore in basketball.

I like that ladies football thingy
lingerie-football-league-lingerie-bowl.jpg

they look tough

Football
Basketball
Baseball
Human cockfighting

Didn't that lad also play Gaelic Football and even played lower level Rugby.
Ive true to you but Cricket was very popular in Ireland before the GAA formed and often wonder how great Ireland be at Soccer, Rugby Union and Cricket if you didn't have the GAA.

Didn't that lad also play Gaelic Football and even played lower level Rugby.
Ive true to you but Cricket was very popular in Ireland before the GAA formed and often wonder how great Ireland be at Soccer, Rugby Union and Cricket if you didn't have the GAA.

Yeah O'Sullivan played a few times for the football team. Not sure if he played rugby or not, wouldn't surprise me as "the rock" was a tank.

Cricket was popular in some parts of Ireland for a while in like the early 19th century, but it didn't last all that long in the grand scheme of things...basically between the 'golden age' of hurling in the 18th century and hurlings revival with the rise of the GAA in the 1880s (not that it had died out completely). Interestingly enough Cricket was popular in Kilkenny though.

I am sure it is possible that Ireland would be better at those sports without GAA, but I am glad we have the GAA and gaelic games. Plus we do just fine in rugby in fairness. And it's a small country regardless, so never likely to be world beaters in soccer, where money is everything.

Last edited:
Hand egg is umber one but closely followed by dive ball.

I have to say Rugby 7s is making a great case.

Back